Mortal Kombat 2011!!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Mortal Kombat 2011!!!
Mortal Kombat 2011!!!
 Caitsith.Rebourne
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-04-04 22:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So who all is excited for this game? Who's gonna be your main characters in team vs? Mine's Cyrax and Kabal
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-04-04 22:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I am excited and still undecided.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-04-04 22:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Developer(s) NetherRealm Studios[1]

Midway's not doing it, therefore it's gonna be a big disappointment.
[+]
 Caitsith.Rebourne
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-04-04 22:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Midway went bankrupt yea, but Warner Bros bought the MK team that has made all the Mortal Kombats and gave them a new name. It's the same team, just with a new publisher and thus a lot bigger budget XD!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-04-04 22:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Rebourne said:
Midway went bankrupt yea, but Warner Bros bought the MK team that has made all the Mortal Kombats and gave them a new name. It's the same team, just with a new publisher and thus a lot bigger budget XD!
D'OH! Forgot they went bankrupt.

Still, It's gonna be a disappointment for everyone.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-04-04 23:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to the basic of the game without all the crap from the later ones. My Guess? Its gonna bring so much nostalgia. . . and blood.
[+]
 Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2011-04-04 23:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If its like Mk:Deception then ill pick it up...hell armageddon was pretty decent, but dc vs mk was the worst piece of trash ive ever had to throw out.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-04-04 23:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They're going back to the how you fought in 1-3 with the '2-D battlefields.' None of this move clockwise/counter clockwise crap anymore. I've seen some trailers and the new Fatalities and they're pretty gruesome.
 Caitsith.Rebourne
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-04-05 00:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just check this vid out lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0823HP7oo
By wildfox2005 2011-04-05 00:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I want this game so bad but because of this stupid *** no R rating on games in Australia,Get caught importing it and its a $50k fine or something stupid >.<
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2011-04-05 00:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not even out yet and its been banned in Australia :( I hate living here sometimes. You can even get fined for importing it :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-05 02:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait. Going to main Kung Lao again I think.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 03:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been Subzero since MK1, and that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

It all started here

Also have a long standing rivalry with a friend that goes back to that game..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-04-05 04:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lexington said:
Its not even out yet and its been banned in Australia :( I hate living here sometimes. You can even get fined for importing it :/

Wow man, I feel sorry for you. But I mean, you gotta give it up for those politicians saving everyone from bloody games, right?

You guys know there is a demo for this game out, right? The game is pure awesome.

I've played a lot of 1 2 and 3 and I've got to say this one is probably gonna be my favorite.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-05 05:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone happen to know if you can create custom fighters, like in MK: Armageddon? That was a really cool feature, even if it was unfinished and slapped together before release.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've loved playing MK games for years, but got kinda tired of their attempt at 3d. This game is a lot like Street Fighter, it has to stay 2d to work.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-05 05:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Anyone happen to know if you can create custom fighters, like in MK: Armageddon? That was a really cool feature, even if it was unfinished and slapped together before release.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've loved playing MK games for years, but got kinda tired of their attempt at 3d. This game is a lot like Street Fighter, it has to stay 2d to work.
I doubt it, if they're going back to their roots, there's not going to really be any of that fancy/random added ***.

It's just going to be select characters beating the ***out of each other.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-05 05:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:

I doubt it, if they're going back to their roots, there's not going to really be any of that fancy/random added ***.

It's just going to be select characters beating the ***out of each other.

I'm down with that.
[+]
 Valefor.Cylla
user: Cylla
By Valefor.Cylla 2011-04-05 06:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited and really hoping it not a disappointment.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-04-05 06:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Reptile.
 Caitsith.Rebourne
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-04-05 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just noticed on the MK 2011 trophy list there's an achievement that says "Win Arcade Tag Ladder with ROBOT Sektor and Cyrax" Does that mean there may be HUMAN Sektor? O_O Anyone have any screens/info to prove if he's real or not? The "26 character limitation" appears to be B.S. anyway since I've seen some screens with Cyber Sub Zero in the DLC spot and also seen Kratos in that same spot. I think there could be lots of secret/DLC characters and they all go in that same 'open up' DLC spot.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-04-05 18:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The Demo is out. Its freakin awesome! I don't kn ow about you guys, but I want to make Kratos my main! Can't wait to see his finishing moves and specials!
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2011-04-05 18:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, had no idea they had that kind of censorship in australia, sorry to hear.
 Bismarck.Zeota
Server: Bismarck
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-04-05 18:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Scorpion and Sub-zero were my favorites. I did however find myself using Mileena more in the games that had her. My dad and I used to play the first few games a lot. He used Liu Kang quite a bit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-04-05 19:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's been some hype around this lately, I'm trying not to get super excited because I really don't want it to suck. Even if it's not that great, it's a nice throwback to why I loved the game back in the day. From what I've seen it looks fun. I love how they are once again trying to push the envelope with the gore with the x-ray moves and stuff. I found the playable character list yesterday. inb4 Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke combination

Wikipedia said:
Twenty-six playable characters have been revealed to date:
 Siren.Shadee
Server: Siren
user: shadee
By Siren.Shadee 2011-04-05 19:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks pretty decent. I love that they went back to old skool concepts. Too bad that's probably gonna be the reason it's gonna get negative comments. "Too much like the old, nothing innovating." blah blah
[+]
 Caitsith.Rebourne
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-04-05 21:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Shadee said:
Looks pretty decent. I love that they went back to old skool concepts. Too bad that's probably gonna be the reason it's gonna get negative comments. "Too much like the old, nothing innovating." blah blah
Lol seriously, people are probably gonna whine about it being just the same as UMK3. THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I'M BUYING IT! lol I frickin loved the old MK's, never bought another after renting MK4 though.

Anyway, yeah I play the demo every day practically, I mainly use Scorpion, but that's only because Cyrax, Kabal, Noob Saibot, Ermac and Kano aren't available lol
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-04-05 23:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Rebourne said:
Siren.Shadee said:
Lol seriously, people are probably gonna whine about it being just the same as UMK3. THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I'M BUYING IT! lol I frickin loved the old MK's, never bought another after renting MK4 though.

Anyway, yeah I play the demo every day practically, I mainly use Scorpion, but that's only because Cyrax, Kabal, Noob Saibot, Ermac and Kano aren't available lol

Yeah, I'm definitely with you there. The old style is what I'm looking forward to. I played a bit of UMK3 but honestly never played past MK3. I hated the direction they took the games.
 Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2011-04-06 01:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenshi,kabal and nightwolf look to be main 3 to use for me....judging from demo looks to be a damn good game, cant wait.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-04-06 01:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i think this game is the step in the right direction for MK , but having been a huge SF4 + MVC2~3 player, i honestly just can't get into this one.
 Caitsith.Rebourne
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2011-04-08 12:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Duuude, I know SSF4 and MvC3 are AWESOME games, but imo MK will be the best ever. You gotta at least try it out. My play Tekken 6, MvC3, SSF4, Soul Calibur 4...but I mainly play Smash Bros Brawl and soon MK9 :)