Dragon Quest Fans Unite.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragon Quest fans unite.
Dragon Quest fans unite.
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-24 21:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone big on Dragon Quest? It's one of my favorite RPG series and I haven't seen much talk about it on these forums.

I was thinking this could be a place to talk about your favorite Dragon Quest game, or your favorite characters, monsters, etc.

I'm currently playing the remake of Dragon Quest VI for the DS. It's a pretty nice and refreshing experience, the music is nice and the story is a bit better than some of the ones I've played. IX was decent, I clocked in about 120+ hours before putting it down. My all-time favorite out of all the DQ games I have played is the Dragon Quest V remake for the DS and Dragon Quest VII was really good as well. If you're a fan of DQ games and haven't picked up the remake of VI for the DS, I highly recommend it.
Thoughts?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-25 13:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand how this had no replies.

I love Dragon Quest. I had a late introduction to the series but V, VI and VIII (iirc) I played obsessively. I also really enjoyed IX when I played it even though it was different.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-25 13:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember the # it was but the march of the cursed king was fun.
I still remember playing dragon warrior 4 for NES and my mind was blown they fit all that game on a NES cart. How are the "monster rancher" style dragonquests? Is it just a money grab or are they relatively fun?
 Leviathan.Buer
Server: Leviathan
user: Buer
By Leviathan.Buer 2011-03-25 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I first started playing Dragon Quest when 7 first came out. That game was probably the best IMO, but I really, really liked Hand of the Heavenly Bride and DQ8. I'm going to play 6 as soon as I can, since it's supposed to be one of the best released.
 Sylph.Ignignot
Server: Sylph
user: ignignot
By Sylph.Ignignot 2011-03-25 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon Warrior 1 was my first RPG, think it was the 1st ever console rpg anyways, but that lead to FF1 when it came out. I just started DQ IX the other day. That series is balls out fun. It's moderately well received in the states, but JP loses their fkin minds over it.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-25 14:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
I can't remember the # it was but the march of the cursed king was fun.
I still remember playing dragon warrior 4 for NES and my mind was blown they fit all that game on a NES cart. How are the "monster rancher" style dragonquests? Is it just a money grab or are they relatively fun?

I have no idea. I'm generally weary of anything that's a spin off of anything, so I'd have to hear some pretty convincing evidence for me to actually pick one up.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-03-25 14:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

dragon quest monsters is fun :3
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-03-25 14:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ashleh said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
I can't remember the # it was but the march of the cursed king was fun. I still remember playing dragon warrior 4 for NES and my mind was blown they fit all that game on a NES cart. How are the "monster rancher" style dragonquests? Is it just a money grab or are they relatively fun?
I have no idea. I'm generally weary of anything that's a spin off of anything, so I'd have to hear some pretty convincing evidence for me to actually pick one up.

Exactly, that's why i haven't tried them T.T
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-25 15:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon Warrior 3 defined RPGs for me along with Ultima Exodus, but ultimately DQ7 takes the place of being my favorite game in the series. I love how dark and gloomy the games can get, without ever entering that awkward hammy territory other games end up running into (well, 7 at least).

I have about 170+ hours on DQIX and now I'm trying a second playthrough (solo) with a rom version. I was lucky enough to have friends that had a copy too, there's nothing more awesome than fighting your first Legacy boss with 3 others and being the last survivor. It was all the fun of an MMO minus most of the BS.
 Sylph.Ignignot
Server: Sylph
user: ignignot
By Sylph.Ignignot 2011-03-25 15:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DQ4 is my fav of all time
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-25 21:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ignignot said:
DQ4 is my fav of all time

The original? Haven't played it, but I have played the remake and I thought it paled in comparison to the remake of V. V is just *** amazing.