Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » final fantasy 7 remake
final fantasy 7 remake
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By Malphius 2012-06-26 22:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take a FF7 remake any day. Max out the graphics, fix the translation and polish it up a bit and I have no problem smacking down some cash for it. Same goes for Xenogears, the Chrono games and all their other classics.

Lets face it. SE doesn't know what it's consumers want anymore. By trying to please everybody they are pleasing no one.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 22:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Malphius said: »
I'll take a FF7 remake any day. Max out the graphics, fix the translation and polish it up a bit and I have no problem smacking down some cash for it. Same goes for Xenogears, the Chrono games and all their other classics.

Lets face it. SE doesn't know what it's consumers want anymore. By trying to please everybody they are pleasing no one.

only real issue I have with this is that I think Aeris sounds exponentially better than Aerith ever will, Aerith sounds stupid as ***.

but they could have it as an option, like play with subtitles, play with audio, play with original translation, play with new translation, etc.

give people options, and it's easier to please everyone, while still delivering a quality product. (at least on the text end, that's not hard to do, as text is small data wise).
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-26 22:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
imo if they made a remake of FF7, no one would buy anything else from SE. It would have to be the grand finale for them as far as making any new final fantasies goes.

not true at all, even with the past several failures, people still buy their products, the whole market imo is stagnant, and it's mostly because people fuss about graphics instead of gameplay, you pour the majority of your budget into how it looks over how it plays and you get crap, and that's what the past decade pretty much has been for the most part, and it's disgusting.
Sure, we'll go with that.

Doesn't mean the sales on other products wouldn't start plummeting after the FF7 remake, though.

doesn't mean they would either, that's a rather baseless assumption.
Not sure how it's baseless when SE's FF7 fanbase makes up of almost half of the consumers, and they all have their expectations set on waiting for a game better than FF7, or something FF7-related that meets their standard of "It's not better than FF7, so I will not buy it." I mean geez, we all know FF13 had a clumsy start, but come on...

Perhaps I'm just too negative about fanbases in general.
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-06-26 22:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be happy if they just rereleased it with fixed dialogue. About 20% of the game didn't make sense due to poor translation. The PC version had a modding commuinity that was working on something like this, but I dont think they ever finished it.
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2012-06-26 22:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread are sick.

I would love an FF7 remake, but not for the typical reason. Rather, I just want to hear the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison. Uwa, ha, ha!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 22:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

imo if they made a remake of FF7, no one would buy anything else from SE. It would have to be the grand finale for them as far as making any new final fantasies goes.

not true at all, even with the past several failures, people still buy their products, the whole market imo is stagnant, and it's mostly because people fuss about graphics instead of gameplay, you pour the majority of your budget into how it looks over how it plays and you get crap, and that's what the past decade pretty much has been for the most part, and it's disgusting.
Sure, we'll go with that.

Doesn't mean the sales on other products wouldn't start plummeting after the FF7 remake, though.

doesn't mean they would either, that's a rather baseless assumption.
Not sure how it's baseless when SE's FF7 fanbase makes up of almost half of the consumers, and they all have their expectations set on waiting for a game better than FF7, or something FF7-related that meets their standard of "It's not better than FF7, so I will not buy it." I mean geez, we all know FF13 had a clumsy start, but come on...

Perhaps I'm just too negative about fanbases in general.

Because like your statement your numbers have no base, and very few if any people actually are waiting for that, I doubt anyone who's played their titles that long is that dense.

Your statements don't even make sense, really who thinks that? and why do you think they think that?

FF13 is crap...
By Malphius 2012-06-26 22:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but just look at the screen shot that was posted from the FFVIIPC website? That's far from maxed out and already looks 10x better.

Just updating the translation won't sell copies nor would it bring in the younger generation.

I'd gladly pay 60$ for FF7 to look visually as good as the 6 hours of FF13 I played before I realized FF13 played itself and quit ^-^
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 22:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
I'd be happy if they just rereleased it with fixed dialogue. About 20% of the game didn't make sense due to poor translation. The PC version had a modding commuinity that was working on something like this, but I dont think they ever finished it.

game made perfect sense to me, then again I had to play through it a few times to understand it.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-26 23:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Your statements don't even make sense, really who thinks that? and why do you think they think that?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ContestedSequel
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 23:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ContestedSequel

that still doesn't give you a premise in this context.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2012-06-26 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to mod the game and play a much more graphically appealing game, this is the website I used for it.

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/

Keep in mind, you have to do a whole bunch of stuff to mod it so it will actually look like the screenshot Kalilla put up. Sometimes the instructions can be a bit confusing, but if you're dedicated enough, you can make it work!

Good luck and have fun :)
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 23:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ChaosX and I ironed out how to get 7 and 8pc working on win7 awhile back, I never tried any of the graphical replacements since then though.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2012-06-26 23:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »

I'm not sure if they finished the re-translation since I couldn't get myself to play the game long enough to even get past Disc 1. I still have Final Fantasy VII Remix 2.5.1 with a bunch of mods and the re-translation. When I tried to replay FF7 even with the mods etc, It just wasn't the same exciting feeling I had when I first played FF7. I think the game is mediocre now since the FMV novelty isn't a new thing like when I first played the game and the 3D battle looked amazing back then but is common in every RPG now.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-26 23:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Malphius said: »
Yes but just look at the screen shot that was posted from the FFVIIPC website? That's far from maxed out and already looks 10x better.
Don't confuse the picture I posted with being with SE

That is simply a user created mod of the PC version. SE has no information atm, and shouldn't be taken seriously until they announce it.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-06-26 23:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

another detail I found here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake

Quote:
In a candid statement, Wada clarified that he feels the current slew of titles in the franchise have not surpassed their popular predecessor in terms of quality. He stressed that while they hopefully would manage this in future, if the team were to remake Final Fantasy VII before this was achieved, then the Final Fantasy franchise "would be done with".

This revelation comes hot on the heels of statements by Tetsuya Nomura, who recently admitted that a remake wasn't a priority. He also suggested that the current batch of titles would need to be improved before the company cast its gaze backwards, saying "The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past.”

Think what you will of it.
 Shiva.Keyera
Server: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-06-26 23:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Remake wont be as good as the original.

Personally, 7 wasn't my favorite game ever but I did enjoy playing it. I wont be buying a remake IF they release one because the nostalgia *** everyone gets over FF7 is because of how the game FEELS.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the remake will get shat on because the game 'just didn't feel the same'.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-26 23:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit that it would take a mastermind to pull off a remake well. But those statements would pretty much mean a full remake would never happen, at least with their current staff. Wada is kind of a joke really...
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-27 00:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit that it would take a mastermind to pull off a remake well. But those statements would pretty much mean a full remake would never happen, at least with their current staff. Wada is kind of a joke really...
Not to mention they lost nearly all of the people that made Final Fantasy what it was 13+ years ago.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-27 00:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Not to mention they lost nearly all of the people that made Final Fantasy what it was 13+ years ago.

indeed.
By Artemicion 2012-06-27 00:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is hope my friends. And their name is Mistwalker.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-27 01:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would Remake FF7 that would be amazing. They won't anytime soon but they will remake lolFFX for ps vita.If they were to ever make a 20 year anny remake of 7 then they only need to update the graphics, music and for the love of god add new endgame stuff I love ff7 but when you have all characters at lvl 99 and best gear/weapon/master materia and nothing can kill you its boring would be nice to fight stuff that can kill you in 2 hits.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2012-06-27 01:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for a remastered version of ffvii, it is without a doubt my favorite game ever. A graphics overhaul would be nice. Can you imagine what they could do with something like gold saucer in this day and age? I mean online chocobo races/bets, snowboard game, new downloadable games etc.

BUT

I would want the dialogue to be the exact same. Maybe it's just me but playing the original FFT and then playing the "War of the lions" version with the correct translations made the game lose some of the charm it had when I originally played it. The start of game scene: Is something I remember watching as like a 8-9 year old and probably wont ever forget.

The new one: for example just feels "eh" to me. It's just not the same.

I could see why they'd change something like that, it would definitely appease and draw in more people than it would otherwise put off. But to me personally, it wouldn't be the same.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-27 01:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Could just buy The Last Story, when it comes out.
By Artemicion 2012-06-27 01:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Artemicion said: »

Could just buy The Last Story, when it comes out.

I intend to, thank you :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1084 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2015-06-15 22:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
FF7 will be remade one day, its only a matter of time.

hi
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-15 22:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ahahahahaa
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-06-15 22:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone knew it was gonna happen. it was just a matter of time. even se said they would make it.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-15 23:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually SE was pretty dodgy on the matter if I remember correctly- they said they would potentially do it if they knew they could do it well (which is the right stance to have).
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-15 23:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Things I fear:

-Voiceacting.
-Retranslated script (this means all of the cool, hip casual slang from the original FF7 will be made grammatically correct, so no more "C'mon we gotta get outta here!"
-Toned down all the gritty things like references to drugs/sex/prostitution/homosexuality/cross dressing/racism
-Possibly toned back racism, so no more "We didn't come back for your spikey headed white ***!"
-Barret being way skinnier than he was in FF7(look at AC's Barret).
-RETCONNING...adding in Genesis and Lazarus references everywhere
-Music remake being crappy and using weird instruments that don't capture the same emotion the original soundtrack did.I can't imagine how the FF7 boss theme will sound when remixed, the original just got you pumped, but watch it be a crappy jrock kinda theme.
-Name changes---Aerith
-Items retranslated: Organics=Ogre Nix, Mithril= Mythril, Echo Screen=Echo Drops, Spirit Lance= Longinus
-Battle system being like FF13...can only control one character in battle.
-Not making an overworld...or if they do...shrinking it drastically due to how spread out everything is and how few locations there are.
-Not keeping the minigames intact, even Fort Condor's.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1283 days between previous and next post]
By kalimairo 2018-12-20 10:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13