Sell Your Witch Sash Before Augmenting Armor Patch!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sell your Witch Sash before Augmenting Armor patch!
Sell your Witch Sash before Augmenting Armor patch!
First Page 2
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-03-17 16:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine what will happen to the price of your nice witch sash if you can simply use the new Augmenting Armor update to add +2 magic accuracy to a pents rope. This same thing happened in a game I used to play 5 years ago. Ragnarok Online for those who know it. They allowed people to take all there top gear and add elements and stats to it. AH Prices went nuts. Imagine a nobles tunic going to 10k over night. Take a hard look at your gear and dump now before the patch. You can allways buy again if im wrong but I really doubt I am.
 Pandemonium.Evilprince
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Evilprince 2009-03-17 17:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read the annoucnement for it, it says that "certain pieces of gear" so you may not have to worry about it. But who knows what SE will do, my guess is that you will only be able to use it on gimped gear to keep fairness. If they were to let you do it to n e peice of gear, the prices of alot of things would skyrocket since you can make it even better than what it already is. But thats just my 2 gil worth.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-17 17:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

im going to guess you can add stats to things that have nothing special about them (no stat bonuses) at least from the gambison or w/e they showed
 Ifrit.Myori
Server: Ifrit
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2009-03-17 17:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It also said the items are going to be rare/ex , so even if it does make things as nice as a witches sash we probably wont see the effects on the market for some time. Unless creating somthing into a witches sash is uber easy. Some people just prefer to buy things rather in do hours and hours of questing , especially if this augmenting needs help of other people like nearly everything else always seems to :/
 Ramuh.Ardath
Server: Ramuh
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-03-17 17:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Myori said:
It also said the items are going to be rare/ex , so even if it does make things as nice as a witches sash we probably wont see the effects on the market for some time. Unless creating somthing into a witches sash is uber easy. Some people just prefer to buy things rather in do hours and hours of questing , especially if this augmenting needs help of other people like nearly everything else always seems to :/

^ This
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-17 17:30:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Myori said:

This kitty knows stuff.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-17 17:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

#1) We don't know what pieces of armor or even what slots will be eligible for Augmenting. It may be that only head/body/hands/legs/feet are eligible because they're the only true 'Armor'. They show someone wearing an Errant Houppelande and another wearing a Byrnie in their teaser, but that doesn't mean those pieces will be eligible.

#2) While Magic Accuracy will most likely be one of the stats you may choose, equipment like Noble's Tunic will retain their usefulness because it is HIGHLY unlikely that "Cure Potency" will be one of the available stats. It is most likely that the 20 stats available (as stated in TCP expansion teaser) will be:
HP, MP, STR, VIT, DEX, AGI, MND, INT, CHR, ACC, ATK, R. ACC, R. ATK, M. ACC, M. ATK, EVA, HPWH, MPWH, ENM+, ENM- (Or the ENM might just be in one group and increasing Defense might be added in as well.)

#3) As others have stated it is unlikely that you'll see a huge drop in prices. The items needed / process to augment will either be very long and drawn out (think ~50% of a relic/mythic) or it will be a very rare drop (MMM anyone?) which will cause many to pass up the chance and continue to buy gear off the AH.

Edit: And it doesn't appear that they're "rare/ex", but a new status. I can't really tell what the icon says from the pic though.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-17 17:38:31

The icon is probably 'Aug' or something.
 Ragnarok.Tyrian
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Tyrian 2009-03-17 17:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that you probably won't be able to augment anything that's (Rare) or (Ex). They want to make the many pieces of throwaway gear in the game useful again, while at the same time putting a shot in the arm to the crafting community (since something that's Augmented can no longer be sold or traded; it's out of circulation).

That being said, I suspect that Augmenting won't be super-difficult, just time consuming. I tend to think it will be something like an "Augment Crystal" that is then taken to an NPC and traded with a piece of armor in order to add the customization (in a similar way that one uses Abjurations to uncurse armor). Perhaps we'll see them as drops in already-existing BCNMs and KSNMs, or as new items that can be found in the expanding Treasure Casket system.

However it ends up working out, I don't think they're going to make current useful things obsolete. I think they're going to take a page from the Level Sync system, and cap out what kind of bonuses you can add to what equipment slots at what levels. You'll be able to make things "better," but likely not "super." But, who knows, maybe the right combination of bonuses is just what you need in a particular piece.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-03-17 18:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

It says aug, I put it into GIMP & blew it up.

Maybe like signed items if sold thru the AH it will lose its Augmented Features.
 Asura.Riddick
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2009-03-17 18:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of constructive comments here. But the bottom line is NONE of you really know what will happen. The pieces are in place for a complete turn in AH values. The same company that owns Ragnarok owns FFXI. Odd that they may do something similiar.... I doubt it. SE doesnt give a rats *** over current AH prices. They only care that people pay to play. No one will leave because of this. But I think I can live with out my nobles and crap for 3-4 weeks till I know for sure. Not like I cant buy the crap back. Just a word to the wise. This has happened before in other MMOs. Say they wont do it. Just say it. Dont cry when your MH value is adjusted from 20 mil to 5 mil.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-17 18:36:51

Clowdd said:
Haseyo said:

It says aug, I put it into GIMP & blew it up.

Maybe like signed items if sold thru the AH it will lose its Augmented Features.

It already said "Once an item is augmented, it cannot be sold or traded in any way."

Not sure if that counts for NPCs too. Either way, it's either NPC or toss when done with it.
 Pandemonium.Aphoria
user: Aphoria
By Pandemonium.Aphoria 2009-03-17 19:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I read I understood it as only craftable [most likely not +1s] and NPC bought gear would be up for augmenting. As for the Auction house effect, you won't be able to sell these "Aug" items so the only effect will be how popular some of the basic gear "Aug"-able that has potential to be turned into a good piece.

This can also suggest why they used Errant and a Byrnie as their craftable.. Which could also suggest Scorpions Harness, Adaman gear and other nice little piece may have some real potential. I can see an NPC fee for augmenting tokens or something, with the whole gil dropping out of FOV manuals. I wouldn't expect it to be alot, but they'd hold different things... Whats interesting is why they have different values, as HP was +10 and MP +15 on the example, and STR+3 and VIT+5 suggests you can add two stats and can only increase those two stats to their maximum which looks like 5. [as in HP and MP would be +3 per upgrade and stats like STR and VIT are +1 per upgrade]

But obviously I could mega fail and it turns out its alot different to what I just said ^_^b.
 Pandemonium.Aphoria
user: Aphoria
By Pandemonium.Aphoria 2009-03-17 19:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> I'll get my face kicked in if I don't state this is not Aphoria posting.

<- Kield, I know that means nothing to nobody because I've never posted before. Well on this site at least.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-03-17 19:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Riddick said:
But the bottom line is NONE of us really know what will happen.

Fixed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-17 19:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that you can't sell or trade augmented items I really don't see a huge change in AH prices coming unless the stat adjustments are really strong. Also, your example is horrible because if you can upgrade Penitent's I'd bet you could upgrade the Witch Sash, maintaining its superiority. I'm not seeing a reason to panic over prices just yet.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-17 19:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Given that you can't sell or trade augmented items I really don't see a huge change in AH prices coming unless the stat adjustments are really strong. Also, your example is horrible because if you can upgrade Penitent's I'd bet you could upgrade the Witch Sash, maintaining its superiority. I'm not seeing a reason to panic over prices just yet.

Riddick's suggestion isn't completely without merit, it may turn out to be possible to make a belt with +5 INT and +5macc, which would be more situational than witch sash, but more reliable for blm (and RDM could make it +5MND and +5macc). However, I believe SE to be fairly good at keeping game balance, suddenly making 1mil+ items obsolete overnight is just not the sort of thing they do. Looking at all my gear, I find it hard to see any of my gear being made useless. Maybe Enkidu's subligar, and maybe I can get higher STR/DEX than hume feet, but considering the likely stats to be upgraded, I wouldn't be surprised if your average 75 job gets no use out of it (or certainly not any 75 with near top gear).

Tbest's opinion on upgradeable stats looks pretty close to spot on to me, although I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see macc or MAB in there.

The only way any of my gear would be replaced by augmenting gear would probably be if they included haste, but can you say "game breaker"?
 Fairy.Legado
user: SirVergil
By Fairy.Legado 2009-03-17 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Riddick said:
Imagine what will happen to the price of your nice witch sash if you can simply use the new Augmenting Armor update to add +2 magic accuracy to a pents rope. This same thing happened in a game I used to play 5 years ago. Ragnarok Online for those who know it. They allowed people to take all there top gear and add elements and stats to it. AH Prices went nuts. Imagine a nobles tunic going to 10k over night. Take a hard look at your gear and dump now before the patch. You can allways buy again if im wrong but I really doubt I am.

Yes people can get some stupid sash and make it a Witch Sash but then if you use the new Augmenting Armor thing on the Witch Sash then that Sash be like a +1 but with the stats you want.
 Unicorn.Tinysalmon
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Tinysalmon 2009-03-17 21:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

haubergeon with haste FTW
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-17 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll wager augmenting will follow a similar process to AF+1 and we'll be asked to turn in the following items to an NPC:

1. Armor piece to be ugraded x1
2. X amount of "Augment" currency
3. quested synth mat x1
4. crafted synth mat x1

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-03-17 22:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll just be one more reason that I'm gimp XD
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-17 22:30:34

Long story short: Don't get your panties in a knot over any piece of gear until we know exactly how it works. In everyone's case: we do not.
 Alexander.Miradj
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Miradj 2009-03-17 22:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that it was just 3 specific new pieces that could be augmented, not everything. But even if you could augment everything, add 2 macc to prope and its as good as witch sash...cool...but.....if this were the case, couldn't you add stats to witch sash too, making it better than prope and worth more gil, just as before? Am I missing something? Why would we rush to sell our witch sash?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-17 23:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But, wouldn't it be worth it if your Penance Rope had MAcc with it also? I would not even bother with my wish for Witch Sash if Penance had MAcc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-17 23:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Miradj said:
I was under the impression that it was just 3 specific new pieces that could be augmented, not everything. But even if you could augment everything, add 2 macc to prope and its as good as witch sash...cool...but.....if this were the case, couldn't you add stats to witch sash too, making it better than prope and worth more gil, just as before? Am I missing something? Why would we rush to sell our witch sash?

This is in addition to those 3 pieces, and my logic exactly ^^ But it remains to be seen if everything or just specific peices can be augmented and to what extent armor can be augmented.
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-03-17 23:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Riddick said:
Lots of constructive comments here. But the bottom line is NONE of you really know what will happen. The pieces are in place for a complete turn in AH values. The same company that owns Ragnarok owns FFXI. Odd that they may do something similiar.... I doubt it. SE doesnt give a rats *** over current AH prices. They only care that people pay to play. No one will leave because of this. But I think I can live with out my nobles and crap for 3-4 weeks till I know for sure. Not like I cant buy the crap back. Just a word to the wise. This has happened before in other MMOs. Say they wont do it. Just say it. Dont cry when your MH value is adjusted from 20 mil to 5 mil.

wtf are you babbling about. Ragnarok...FFXI...? You made a post meant to have people panic, then you say nobody knows what will happen. You talk about "they may do something similiar" ? Yeah, a game that has socket gear (Diablo/WoW ring a bell?)

Ragnarok Online is owned by a Korean company, Gravity Co. Ltd.

Who cares if the value of an item drops from 20 million to 5 million. If people utilize their gear, the AH value means nothing, they aren't selling it. Nothing better then paying the AH tax on a 20m gil item only to have to buy it back IF it does not change.
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-03-18 02:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All I have to say to this is: Am I glad I leveled cooking!

All the unlucky crafters of gear will wind up being poor and destitute on the mean streets of Al Zahbi and Jeuno!

I wonder if there will be an augment that puts "Will work for gil" on the chest of your character...
 Phoenix.Miemo
Server: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-18 04:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Riddick said:

As stated above Noone knows what will happen. The only thing we can pressume from seeing the Augmented Items is they turn a blank NQ into a better piece.

Then again suppose you can only use "Blank" Gear. You could possibly (not likely) turn this: User submitted image Into something a lil more useable. As an example this: User submitted image

Im not even close to saying this will happen. But as far as we know it is "possible".
First Page 2