FF X-2 100% Completion Problem Halp!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FF X-2 100% Completion problem Halp!
FF X-2 100% Completion problem Halp!
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 17:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having a problem at 72.0% to 73.0% When you go to clear the fiend out of the cave in the thunder plains b4 yuna's concert the .4% from that should bring you to 72% I made an extra save file @72% specifically because it was right after the maddening commsphere spam ***for full 100% I noticed when I was spose to be @82.0% after Mihen my total was only 81 and change.

So I went back to that 72.0 file to go back thru thinking I must have missed some dumb ***between 72-82. Seems my copy of the game is in disagreement with every online walkthru tho. When I do the pre concert scene that should raise you from 72-73 I do it, but when I save b4 heading to the concert the % is still 72. Are these guides not correct? Could that scene not be worth a full 1.0 percent? Mabye a bit different for NA version.. ugh... help plz. This is exactly the steps I am taking for the pre concert bridge scene.

--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--
Celsius (1.0% -> 73.0%)

1. Talk with Rikku and Paine once each.
2. Talk with Buddy and Brother twice each.
3. Talk with Shinra twice.

Check your game, first of all. It should say 72%! Now we can talk to people -
cuz everyone's nervous about the concert. Talk to Rikku, Paine, Brother, and
Buddy, in that order, talking to each until they give you text boxes. The guys
will talk twice, the girls once.

When you talk with Shinra, he will announce that the sphere screen calibration
is complete, and you can start at any time. Talking to him again will elicit a
response from Rikku, about the crowd acting funny. When Shinra brings the
video up, then the audio, we see that the two factions, New Yevon and the
Youth League, are getting into confrontation after confrontation outside - one
woman says the concert will be spoiled by the Yevonites fouling the air, while
a man doesn't think the Youth League 'dogs' are worthy of hearing the high
summoner sing. Oh, it all goes from there, getting worse and worse and worse.

With that, the girls vow that now is the time to do something, and Tobli
appears from the elevator. The spectators are making a spectacle, he doesn't
even want to speculate! Yuna has to do something! Well, what did we just
promise? [A ***? I hope so.. -PP]

Talk to Tobli, and on with the show! Watch YRP do their Charlie's Angels thing
(it took me nearly two chapters to make a Charlie's Angels reference, please
applaud my restraint) [Excellent job, took a lot longer than I expected! -PP]
and we're off!
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-20 17:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I do not know the answer, I applaud you for the patience it takes to get too 100%. I got to like 85% and said screw it.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-20 17:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

...you might be asking the wrong community about this. GL getting your question answered tho.
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-03-20 17:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Although I do not know the answer, I applaud you for the patience it takes to get too 100%. I got to like 85% and said screw it.
Also this.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-20 17:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember there was a problem with the first batch of X-2 discs or something (maybe all US copies?). If you sided with one faction, you couldn't get 100%. You'd have to replay through, side with the other faction to fully complete.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 17:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I remember there was a problem with the first batch of X-2 discs or something (maybe all US copies?). If you sided with one faction, you couldn't get 100%. You'd have to replay through, side with the other faction to fully complete.

Yeah you have to side with the youth league which I did. all percentages were str8 up till this pre concert one... sheesh :)
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-20 17:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Play the game just for fun > go watch a youtube video for the 100% competition CS (nothing special either).
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 17:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

*** x-2 100% completion >_> My sister did the game so many times just to get 100% completion, even following a guide and just said *** this ***.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 18:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I hear ya. The 100% thing does kinda take away from the enjoyment factor. I spose that's the sort of FF nazi I am tho. The first step is admitting you have a problem :) Honestly tho I had a good time playing it thru again. Not as much as Ten, but still fun.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-20 18:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way to get 100% is if you:

1, take the game out of your console.

2, place game back in its original case.

3, burn it. Dancing naked around the ashes are optional.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 18:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Guenhwyvar said:
The only way to get 100% is if you:

1, take the game out of your console.

2, place game back in its original case.

3, burn it. Dancing naked around the ashes are optional.

Hahahahaha!!! That could make some good you tube material. Nice Screen name btw!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-20 18:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zaknafein said:
Yeah I hear ya. The 100% thing does kinda take away from the enjoyment factor. I spose that's the sort of FF nazi I am tho. The first step is admitting you have a problem :) Honestly tho I had a good time playing it thru again. Not as much as Ten, but still fun.

I don't really agree with the whole "first step is admitting you have a problem" because a lot of the time, you don't have a problem, and it's just psychologists, psychiatrists, and doctors trying to make a lot of money on pharmaceuticals and appointments, and there is no problem until you think you have one.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-20 18:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :) likewise^^ R.A. Salvatore was born and raised close by to me, and Ive met him a few times at book signings. Even have a few signed 1st editions by him.

I have owned and beaten every ff title to date (excluding that piece of ***ff14) and X-2 was probably the worst title Ive played... and I liked X.

The best thing about X-2 I can think of is:

Riide ze shoopuff?

But that was also in X.
 Diabolos.Vahriel
Server: Diabolos
user: Vahriel
By Diabolos.Vahriel 2011-03-20 18:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my frustrations with 100% the only thing I missed, at least to memory, was talking to real Yuna in the moogle costume (the scene that you play in the flashback a bit later in the game) when you control Rikku at the very beginning of the game [just before you face Lefail and whatever the 2 Purple dudes are called]

And yes... I played the entire stupid game to get that last percentage... and hated every second of it
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-03-20 18:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst part of 100% X-2 was listening to that old *** Maechen all the way through...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-20 18:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get 100% without replaying once by siding with the Youth League iirc, you just won't get the Cat's Bell accessory, but you still technically get 100%. *** fighting all of the Via Inferno place. That area is scary ; ;

I know for sure though you do NOT have to replay to get 100%.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 18:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
I don't really agree with the whole "first step is admitting you have a problem" because a lot of the time, you don't have a problem, and it's just psychologists, psychiatrists, and doctors trying to make a lot of money on pharmaceuticals and appointments, and there is no problem until you think you have one.

Couldn't agree more. Pharmaceutical interests are the 2nd largest lobbyist's only trailing behind arms manufacturers. In my case tho I only have those masochistic relationships with FF titles so unless they come up with FF patch I won't be a paying custy.

Titan.Guenhwyvar said:
Thank you :) likewise^^ R.A. Salvatore was born and raised close by to me, and Ive met him a few times at book signings. Even have a few signed 1st editions by him.

I have owned and beaten every ff title to date (excluding that piece of ***ff14) and X-2 was probably the worst title Ive played... and I liked X.

The best thing about X-2 I can think of is:

Riide ze shoopuff?

But that was also in X.

Never met him him which is a shame really considering I live in New England. I own just about everything he has published tho. I met Robert Jordan at a book signing in Connecticut like 8 years ago. Another of my favorite authors. He's dead now unfortunately, but the last installment for Wheel of Time that his son & co. completed for him was written well. Just hope they finish the series off, and do it justice.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-20 18:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
Worst part of 100% X-2 was the even more restrictive freedom the game presented to you.

ftfy
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-20 18:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That is sad!!! He grew up in MA not far from where I live. Hes in the area all the time too, look him up online to see if theres any events he's planning soon.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 18:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
You can get 100% without replaying once by siding with the Youth League iirc, you just won't get the Cat's Bell accessory, but you still technically get 100%. *** fighting all of the Via Inferno place. That area is scary ; ;

I know for sure though you do NOT have to replay to get 100%.

Yeah everything was fine up till that pre concert bridge scene. All the percentages matched the guides I looked up on the interwebs. Just refuses to gimme a whole % for that scene.
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-20 18:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Guenhwyvar said:
That is sad!!! He grew up in MA not far from where I live. Hes in the area all the time too, look him up online to see if theres any events he's planning soon.

Ahh I know! I feel bad now lol :)
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2011-03-20 18:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish i could help you with the 100%...was so long ago when i did it...i was in 10th grade or so....yeah ;;

the only thing can be problematic is the Mascot Dressphere to unlock....for the 100% is just patience and checking every event in each chapter and every little details
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2011-03-20 18:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got some problems in my 1st try to get 100% at FF X-2 also.
Even I tried to redo the game twice I finally noticed something
really important. In the second visit to Besaid,when you got the gun quest with the masked guy there's a way to get an extra 0'2-0'3% of the game.
You just need to make a new record there and clear the game
another time to retry it and get another extra 0'2-0'3% of the game.
I hope this will help you a little.

P.D: Take care and don't set a record that you can't beat.