Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Ps3 Goodness
Ps3 Goodness
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 21:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought a Ps3 Bundle (came with Killzone) today since theres no FF around. Anyways what are some Good PS3 games, and is there anything I should look into downloading?
 Sylph.Michizane
Server: Sylph
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2011-03-17 21:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of games do you like?
 Sylph.Quiznor
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-17 21:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shaydow said:
Bought a Ps3 Bundle (came with Killzone) today since theres no FF around. Anyways what are some Good PS3 games, and is there anything I should look into downloading?

lol

edit: actually get Heavy Rain,1 of the 2 games (i have 9) that make me thankful i bought the oversized,overpriced dust magnet.
 Sylph.Michizane
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2011-03-17 21:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I like LittleBigPlanet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-03-17 21:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of the exclusives I enjoyed the Resistance games, MGS4, Killzone 2+3, Little Big Planet, Uncharted and Infamous, they are definately the ones that come to mind.

Other games i've enjoyed are Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II and the Assassin's Creed games.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-17 21:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Elmos Letter Adventure
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-03-17 21:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Metal Gear Solid 4, for sure, if you've played the first 3.

If you haven't, buy them now, and then play Metal Gear Solid 4. Trust me on this one.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-17 21:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This'll keep you busy for days weeks months about a year or three.
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2011-03-17 21:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Get Demon Souls and Lost Planet 2

QUICK EDIT: Oh and like the guy above, Disgaea 3 is good if you like to grind stats.... forever~
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-17 21:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're seriously desperate for an FFXI-like game, try White Knight Chronicles. A pseudo-MMO with a single player animu adventure where you can slip in your own created character as he stumbles around awkwardly with other actual plot relevant characters.

It plays like RotZ-era FFXI in terms of content. It's not a very good game, but neither was FFXI at that time. The thing with playing WKC is that you get the nagging feeling that the game was gonna be so much more, but had to change plans further down the line.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-17 21:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

All three God of Wars (3 is it's own game, but there's a PS3 version of God of War 1 and 2 that are on the same disc), Midnight Club: LA, Burnout Paradise, Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

I dunno if Killzone 3 is any good or not, but I can tell you 2 is the biggest pile of ***of a sequel on PS3 and an insult to what Killzone 1 was. I spent a year playing Killzone 1 online (which is well above average for me) because it was one of the best online FPS on PS2, and the only FPS I'd ever played that was better til that point was Battlefield 2, which wasn't even on console.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-17 21:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FF XIII had a good story,
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-17 21:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had my 360 for...since it came out. And my ps3 for about 3 years. I have about 15 360 games, and 2 ps3 games. Killzone 2 and 3. Those are the only two that can hold my interest on ps3.

But, killzone 3 has a pretty awesome story mode. I just finished it last night and i really enjoyed it.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-17 21:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating FFXIII takes like....40 hours.
100% FFXIII takes like...140 hours. Gil in that game is serious business. All that for a damn Serah gamerpic that I don't even use anymore.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-17 21:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question would be do you play 360/pc games? if not, theres a ton of multi platform games. Fallout 3, Call of Duty, Borderlands etc etc.
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Server: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2011-03-17 21:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Demon's Souls is ps3 exclusive and straight win. Heavy Rain is awesome too (Not sure if it's exclusive) Dragon Age Origins / 2 are good. If you're wanting a sandbox type pick up Oblivion / Fallout 3 / Red Dead Redemption.. you should be able to get the GOTY edition of the first two for pretty cheap by now. Or you can do what I do.. head over to gamestop, take a look around and note a few titles.. buy the ones you're sure on and check out videos / reviews for the ones you may be iffy on before you buy them. Just because a game isn't sixty bucks doesn't mean it's not great (/wave Demon's Souls.. I seriously loved that game enough to platinum it.. and still play it to PvP :D)
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 21:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all your input everyone! :D Ya I bought Devil May Cry 4, since I loved the series on ps2. I love all sorts of games, mostly Rpgs, I saw ff13 for like 20$, and all the God of War commercials look insane! Looks like its time I open a Gamefly account or something, all these games sound awesome.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-17 21:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently using my ps3 to re-watch the sailor moon series :)
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 21:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i just made my Play station network account if anyone wants to add me, Shaydow6, since Shaydow and Shay were taken :/ Love to play with friends online :D
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-17 21:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Socom 4 Private Beta FTW! :)
 Diabolos.Daddyx
Server: Diabolos
user: Daddyx
By Diabolos.Daddyx 2011-03-17 21:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I self-owned and took Daddyx from myself years ago when I first bought my PSP, and promptly lost / forgot the email info it was tied to.. so instead of adding a number or anything I went with DmuhfugginX xD
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 21:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hahah XD so good
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-17 21:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Strangle Hold is a pretty fun game due to the physics and stuff it uses.. Never ended up finishing it though..

I know there's a couple I'm missing, but I can't think of 'em atm..

Endwar can also be entertaining sorta.. I got bored of it pretty quickly, but it's so old you could probably find it used for like 10 bucks... If for nothing else just the different play style it offers is something to try it out for.

Resistance (the first one, never got around to the second one) is pretty old, but the story mode is worth checking out.. I doubt too many people are really playing it online anymore though..

If you like Survival horror, there's always Dead Space. If you have a friend who has it as well, Resident Evil 5 can be pretty fun on Co-op.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-17 21:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mass Effect 2 is an option as well, too. I don't know if PS3 got the first one as well, but if so, play that one first.
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 21:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is dead space the one where the camera is showing the moms reactions to monsters in the game? lol that game looks scary good! and I'm a huge Resident Evil fan as well.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-17 21:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Mass Effect 2 is an option as well, too. I don't know if PS3 got the first one as well, but if so, play that one first.
Pretty sure it didn't.
Ragnarok.Shaydow said:
Is dead space the one where the camera is showing the moms reactions to monsters in the game? lol that game looks scary good! and I'm a huge Resident Evil fan as well.
Yeah, that would be the one. That particular commercial is for Dead Space 2, but Dead Space 1 is just as good.
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 22:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

im waiting on Devil may cry to be installed I guess, its only 70% and taking FOREVER ; ;
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-17 22:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shaydow said:
im waiting on Devil may cry to be installed I guess, its only 70% and taking FOREVER ; ;
It's updating.. Pretty much any PS3 game you pop in that has been out for more than a week will have updates. BF2:BC's update from scratch is 1.7GB, and took me nearly an hour to do.. =/ Most games don't update that much though, it's because they added a game within the game (kinda like an expansion for a PC game).
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2011-03-17 22:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

mmm ya ive been sitting here for like a good 30 :/ lol i just wanna play games!