Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Sic/Ready glitch
Sic/Ready glitch
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-14 19:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've known about this for a year, even demonstrated to a GM in person. If you use Sic/Ready just before your pets initial auto-attack after using fight, it will use two TP moves at the same time, at the cost of one Sic/Ready charge and 100% TP. Jug pets can and will often use TP moves they aren't able to use otherwise.

Is this common knowledge? I've done it quite a few times on accident, but was flipping through screenshots and saw I had taken one of Nazuna using two Lamb Chops at the same time opposed to auto-attacking. The first time I notice this happening was charming the Kraken in Qufim for extremely fast EXP through FoV pages at level ~24-30 (Familiar).

Here's the shot I took:

As well as a picture I'd found on the wiki:

The second photo displays Fargann using a TP move it does not even have access to, Sand Breath. I've reported this twice to GMs as a bug report, but it hasn't been fixed. Bored so I felt like sharing after seeing my old screenshot. :X
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-14 19:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome! Thanks for the info very cool!
[+]
 Siren.Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-14 19:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually curious whether you can have pets like Shasra use Frenzied Rage/Petrifactive Breath, Yuly use Spiral Burst, or Merle use Photosynthesis. It has already been noted that Lulush can use Dust Cloud.
 Bahamut.Angelos
Server: Bahamut
user: Angelos01
By Bahamut.Angelos 2011-03-14 19:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i dont play bst but i must say that is pretty cool lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2011-03-20 17:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been around for a really long time afaik. The first time I noticed it though was back in Sacrarium swift belt duo days where the 2hr'd hecteyes pet would use two blm spells with 0 tp. Fun times.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-24 20:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When the servers come back online tomorrow, I'll see if I can pry Shasra into using Frenzied Rage (really praying for this one!) as well as other unusable TP moves by the aforementioned jug pets. It is -not- hard to perform on this on command.

It would also be pretty amusing to have AmigoSabotender double-up 1000 Needles for an instant 2k damage (assuming no resist) :P

Updates to follow if the research pans out successfully.