Minecraft Anyone?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Minecraft anyone?
Minecraft anyone?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 41 42 43
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-15 20:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Did you actually collect all that obsidian? ._.
I collected 3-4 stacks of obsidian..and said *** it and used the server give command, because well...even after doing that, it took about 10-11 stacks just to make the floor, and about half that to go around it once to start the wall, it was brutal.
Once I put in a bunch of mods on my server, I started getting extremely creative and elaborate.

How do you get particular mods on servers? I tried and every time I broke a block it just respawned, so I gave up and went back to my old server with the stuff I posted a little earlier.
It's not that hard, and what you describe was a problem in SMP period, not just in modding (although that was causing it as well a while back) I'm not sure how stable Bukkit is right now, it was just in early Dev when I last messed with it.. Hmod was pretty stable, but he got tired of constantly updating it to work with the current version of MC, so he just quit on it.

Anyways, first you need something like Bukkit then the mods (called plugins) need to be downloaded. It's really something you'd just have to look up on your own, it's not overly complicated, but it's not as simple as "download this, put it in folder A, download this, put it in folder B and you're good to go". Everything you need to go from a Vanilla MC server to a modded server running all kinds of plugins, and the walkthrough of how to do it is all on that site.

If you have particular issues, I can try to help you if you send me a PM, but I have a real aversion to just telling people exactly what to do in instances like these, you learn a lot simply by doing basic reading and research on your own that I, or anyone else, just can't tell you.

Yeah I was looking it up and stuff, and it was actually Bukkit that I had that was having blocks respawn when I was trying to make a server, but I figured it out not too long ago but I couldn't find any decent plugins that I wanted.

Do you remember what the one with the drawbridge mod was? Thats what I've been looking for the most, but when I was looking around they said it was single player only.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-15 20:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know there is no such thing as single player modding.

The mod I used was CraftBook, but I'm pretty sure there is more than one out there.

Also, there's a list of plugins on that site I gave you.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-15 21:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's minecraft?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-15 21:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

you what? SSP modding is probably bigger than SMP modding
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-15 23:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

you what? SSP modding is probably bigger than SMP modding
Then that was added after I stopped playing Minecraft. It wasn't always possible, I'll tell you that much.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2011-03-16 01:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So whos got a good server?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 01:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
drkcraft.dyndns.org

Don't muck it up too hard or I'll start whitelisting.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-16 02:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think we need to do a huge community build, making a town or something, but do it on survival mode to make it more fun rather than just creative mode.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-16 02:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rharmony said:

My house on the server so far. Unfinished, still need to do some more glass and stuff.
Creeper at the door man, he wants IN your ***
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-16 02:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is nice.

Don't worry about it not being 1.3_01, it automatically updates. To get online you'll need a program called Hamachi that allows you to create or connect to networks before you join them ingame.

If anyone wants to play and can host a server (it takes a lot of RAM) let me know!
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 02:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
This is nice.

Don't worry about it not being 1.3_01, it automatically updates. To get online you'll need a program called Hamachi that allows you to create or connect to networks before you join them ingame.

If anyone wants to play and can host a server (it takes a lot of RAM) let me know!

kinda not though, since notch is an indie developer who until right before beta built this game by himself and recently started a company he always wanted thanks to the success of the game
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-16 02:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
This is nice.

kinda not though, since notch is an indie developer who until right before beta built this game by himself and recently started a company he always wanted thanks to the success of the game
I was thinking the exact same thing :|
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-16 14:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

you know, i should start a vanilla world, its been ages since i've played one, and i need to get back into the swing of it
 Bismarck.Rharmony
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-17 11:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Who ever put a *** waterfall in my house, don't. Don't touch my house.
And stole my iron? Really?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-17 11:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rharmony said:
Who ever put a *** waterfall in my house, don't. Don't touch my house.
And stole my iron? Really?
I just lol'd, and no it wasn't me, I haven't played MC in a couple of months.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-17 11:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that funny :/ 2hrs+ time wasted.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-19 00:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thats why you hide yo ***

also, this is what i've been working on

dont mind my sloppy shorthand tallies, i was sitting on my bed and using the mouse with my left hand (L handed).. I-1 II-2 H-3 #-4...

the continent on the other side of the bridge is called Deladia
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-19 01:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

love the view of everything and community seems realtivily friendly, but sucks that ***got bombed at the start and other peoples houses getting set a blaze.

I'll pop back in later, Minecraft crashed hard on me but was only coming on to see what was around and if I could find a neat place to make a town and a bunch of rail cart tracks.

o/ gonna make some food I'll be back on later if any late night / EU people will be around
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-19 01:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont usually play smp :<

i always play on peaceful and use ingame invedit
(<-is lame)

so playing with mobs and vanilla with other people is a bit intimidating :<

i'd love to get the map im working on set up to where i can get a couple of helpers, but i dont have a reliable means of setting it up for smp
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-19 01:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

(<-is lame)

i'd love to get the map im working on set up to where i can get a couple of helpers, but i dont have a reliable means of setting it up for smp
All you have to do is get it the server up and running so that other people can get on, shut down the server, replace the World folder that the server created with the World folder of your map, and restart the server. Server will then load up your map.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2011-03-19 02:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have the online version, I just got it to play it.

After reading this topic, I hopped back on my world.

Totally forgot i have just finished putting a TnT block on every block on a mountain in range with a fuse running to where i logged out....

Needless to say, the first thing i did was hit it not thinking lol

Man it was loud and i flew all over the place lol
 Bismarck.Calina
user: calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-03-19 02:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Few Friends and I started a SMP server few days before server went down needless to say we have had alot of time to work on it here are some pic's

EDIT:Main castle is 34High 100Wide and 50deep walls around the area are 5 layers thick and no clue how long but long enough that if you stand at 1 end the game doesn't render far enough to see the other. Main castle has 5 floors currently filling them and damn is it a lot of space to fill. Also plan on adding towers on top once the inside is furnished.

Planing on making it public soon as we get the area protect sorted out so we don't need to worry about anyone griefing the main structures.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-19 02:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What mod is that? Also give me the info! I'm not a griefer D: the server thats listed here I actually built a very large tower on, I'm a good guy! lol

Edit: Helped build a large tower with 3 other people rather
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-19 02:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

(<-is lame)

All you have to do is get it the server up and running so that other people can get on, shut down the server, replace the World folder that the server created with the World folder of your map, and restart the server. Server will then load up your map.

i've already nearly lost my fingerprints from running SSP, if i tried running a server my comp would melt through any surface i put it on
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-03-19 02:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

(<-is lame)

i've already nearly lost my fingerprints from running SSP, if i tried running a server my comp would melt through any surface i put it on

Server software actually uses less resources then playing the game I run my server off a laptop with no issue where when playing the game it heats the laptop up bad but server software doesn't.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-19 02:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yea? i may have to try it then
 Bismarck.Calina
By Bismarck.Calina 2011-03-19 03:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
What mod is that? Also give me the info! I'm not a griefer D: the server thats listed here I actually built a very large tower on, I'm a good guy! lol

Edit: Helped build a large tower with 3 other people rather

running off bukkit server software and the texture pack is:

Misa's 64x64 Realistic

As for server info will go public with it in a few days once area protect is sorted also need to get iConomy and sub plugins working having an issue with them atm.

edit: also going to crop the map as you can see there are a few messed up area's on the map they look like jigsaw pieces in the wrong place

Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-03-19 03:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

so whats everyones favorite texture packs?

i myself am a fan of custom painterly
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-03-20 05:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent a few hours picking plugins and finally got everything changed over to bukkit.

So now drkcraft.dyndns.org is running:

AbsorbPlugin - Chests and furnaces will accept items thrown at them
BlastControl - Only Ops can detonate TNT, only privleged users can place TNT, Creepers no longer destroy blocks
CommandBook - Some nice aliases
Cookbook - Mostly just so I can add a Wool->String recipe.
LightVote - Players can vote to change time of day (might remove and force people to use chrono rune :D )
Lockette - Chests and doors can be locked with signs
mcMMO - Stats and levelup system. Mine faster, use special abilities.
MyHome - Classic /home function, only '/home set' enabled for now
NetherGate - Exactly what it says on the tin, yes in multiplayer.
Permissions
Persistence
Worldedit

and finally: Runecraft. A bunch of cool effects and toys that you arrange blocks to perform rituals to utilize. Turn water to ice under your feet, make your pick mine 3x3x3 chunks, or turn the surrounding land upside-down.

Nothing clientside required.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-20 06:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
Spent a few hours picking plugins and finally got everything changed over to bukkit.

So now drkcraft.dyndns.org is running:

AbsorbPlugin - Chests and furnaces will accept items thrown at them
BlastControl - Only Ops can detonate TNT, only privleged users can place TNT, Creepers no longer destroy blocks
CommandBook - Some nice aliases
Cookbook - Mostly just so I can add a Wool->String recipe.
LightVote - Players can vote to change time of day (might remove and force people to use chrono rune :D )
Lockette - Chests and doors can be locked with signs
mcMMO - Stats and levelup system. Mine faster, use special abilities.
MyHome - Classic /home function, only '/home set' enabled for now
NetherGate - Exactly what it says on the tin, yes in multiplayer.
Permissions
Persistence
Worldedit

and finally: Runecraft. A bunch of cool effects and toys that you arrange blocks to perform rituals to utilize. Turn water to ice under your feet, make your pick mine 3x3x3 chunks, or turn the surrounding land upside-down.

Nothing clientside required.

Wow.

Yeah, I think vanilla Minecraft is better.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 41 42 43