Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Richardet's Axe +2
Richardet's Axe +2
 Valefor.Cado
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Cado
By Valefor.Cado 2011-03-07 16:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I are currently working on a Richardet's Axe in our free time (currently on 300 Puks) and I am undecided as to which path to take. I'm put-off at the thought of killing Blobdingnag 5-10 times for the OAT axe, but am curious which of the three +2 axes would parse better.

For reference this is what I TP in:

axes are both -10% PDT but I also own a Glyph Axe for general partying.

Also this is my Rampage set and any input on upgrades would be greatly appreciated:

Bestia Greaves have atk +10
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-03-07 19:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I found when I used the Varangian helm my Dmg went way down which I figured was due to the loss of acc. I figured it's be better for single hit WSs that a SAM or DRK would use.

Assuming you talking about Trial 291

As for which path to take it depends on how you plan on using the finshed product. Do you want lots f hits for little dmg, or bigger dmg with less hits.

If I was gonna do it, I think I might take the middle patth up to trial 2390. Make a Ridill Axe. My 2 cents.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-07 20:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Farsha is fairly easy to obtain and has the highest base damage after Relic/Mythic.
If you are in no hurry then might as well go for it and an OaT Axe as offhand. I think the OaT 2-4 Axe would make a better offhand than the OaT version.

As for your gear I'd say get Dusk gloves and Suppanomimi (in place of the Flame Earring) right away as first improvements. There is no point in wearing perle hands unless you can reach haste cap with them and want to increase your base attack when meleeing.

For WS, giving up the body for some raw Acc is a big sacrifice. You would be much better off with Perle body since it at least offers some STR, DEX and more importantly a flat +2% Critrate increase.

Start upgrading Ferine hands and feet to +1. You will like them for Rampage.

I'm not sure how your current Rampage is performing, but -20 Acc from Varangian on a 1 hand, 5+1 hit WS sounds a bit of a leap of faith. Try out perle head just to see how that goes.

Sky gear is very easy to obtain now. I'd suggest getting a pair of Byakko's Haidate in place of Tumbler trunks.

I'm resorting to these suggestions because I'm not sure which Atmas you'd be using for your pet, so some old gear may still prove beneficial to you.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-07 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The Blobdingnag VNM version has the highest theoretical DPS of any axe, but the 2-4 will allow more WS frequency.

Mainhand axe, charmer's merlin is fairly easy to obtain unless you plan on going for Farsha, still Merlin free, small acc bonus and lowers the Sic/Ready charge time. An all-round excellent axe for very little effort. You can probably just hang out around Dragua's spawn and grab one from a MNK doing scales for Verethragan 90.
[+]
 Valefor.Cado
Server: Valefor
user: Cado
By Valefor.Cado 2011-03-08 14:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input guys! I'm gonna work on my +1 feet first since I'm already half way there =D

So I should be shooting for something like this for rampage:

As for the dusk gloves, I sold them off after the -movement speed just pissed me off too much. I'm gonna look into getting some Ocelot Gloves to TP in.

I think I'll end up going for the 2-4 axe and pick up a Charmer's Merlin that's a sexy looking axe.
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-03-08 15:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think the Byakko's Haidate would be better for TP and the Tumblers Trunks you had before for Rampage. I've gotten some really nice dmg from my set up (below). Especially when paired with some nice Atmas:

Edit: I'm still working on a better earring for the Beastly and something for my Ammo slot.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-03-08 17:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cado said:
Thanks for the input guys! I'm gonna work on my +1 feet first since I'm already half way there =D

So I should be shooting for something like this for rampage:

As for the dusk gloves, I sold them off after the -movement speed just pissed me off too much. I'm gonna look into getting some Ocelot Gloves to TP in.

I think I'll end up going for the 2-4 axe and pick up a Charmer's Merlin that's a sexy looking axe.

For me, I prefer to WS in Centaurus Earring over Flame earring, since it's 10atk vs 2str. Anguinus Belt is nice, if not then Soil Gorget, but Anguinus is easier to obtain in my opinion even though the Soil Gorget is a 100% drop. That cactus is such a ***!

For head piece, always try to aim for Twilight Helm, it's really really nice. If not then you could try your luck with the Bestia Helm. I, too, found that V helm lowered my overall damage and would not advise using that.

For Body, try to get Ferine Gausape +1 if you can as well. I'm almost certain it performs better than Perle Hauberk for Rampage.

is what I use, Anguinus Belt would probably perform better than Soil Gorget, and Armada Hauberk.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-08 17:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Zahak's mail is the top Crit hit WS body for highly buffed DDs such as a WAR with Berserk up.

Depending on what Atmas a BST uses, I would consider it to be also very good for Rampage on BST. All you get from BST AF3+2 Body is a flat 21.5 Acc and 25 Attack. I don't see how it could perform better than a DEX + and Crit +3% body, unless you are really needing the extra Accuracy.

In case I needed extra Acc though, I'd rather use a Twilight mail and still gain some extra DEX to raise my dDEX (if necessary of course, since with Razed Ruins Atma you don't really need extra DEX)

Then again, I'm no BST and my WAR using Rampage =/= a BST using Rampage
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-03-08 19:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Zahak's mail is the top Crit hit WS body for highly buffed DDs such as a WAR with Berserk up.

Depending on what Atmas a BST uses, I would consider it to be also very good for Rampage on BST. All you get from BST AF3+2 Body is a flat 21.5 Acc and 25 Attack. I don't see how it could perform better than a DEX + and Crit +3% body, unless you are really needing the extra Accuracy.

In case I needed extra Acc though, I'd rather use a Twilight mail and still gain some extra DEX to raise my dDEX (if necessary of course, since with Razed Ruins Atma you don't really need extra DEX)

Then again, I'm no BST and my WAR using Rampage =/= a BST using Rampage

Way too situational for any BST to go out of their way to get one unless they have a BRD, or a COR following them around, or they sub WAR.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-08 19:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence why I was suggesting to use Perle in the first place.
I really don't think it would mean going much out of the way if you had a Perle hauberk or a Twiliught mail laying around and I believe both would prove superior to Ferine body +2
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-08 20:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Do BSTs not have enough accuracy to be able to TP with a Smart Grenade instead of a Tiphia Sting? Small difference and all, but I'm just curious.
By Untamedheart 2011-04-06 20:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if OAT 2-4 distribution was tested before so I did some tests. Tests were done on BST/DNC single wielding the axe and with no double attack gear equipped.

Melee Data

Player # Melee Attacks # Melee Rounds Attacks/Round # Extra Attacks
Untamedheart 897 516 1 381

Player # +1 Rounds # +2 Rounds # +3 Rounds # +4 Rounds # >+4 Rounds
Untamedheart 147 81 24 0 0

Player # MultiAttack Rounds MultiAttack % Kills w/Min Attacks Kills w/<Min Attacks
Untamedheart 252 49.90 % 11 0

(Apologies, not sure how to format results from parser to make it easier to read.)

Summary

Multi-attack rounds proc around 50% of the time.
Distribution for multi-attacks:
60% 2times
30% 3times
10% 4times

Averages to approximately 1.7attacks per round. Overall all the other Richardet's options are superior to this I believe.
[+]