BST Atma Cap?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST atma cap?
BST atma cap?
 Alexander.Hiep
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2011-03-05 20:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap for PDT-% or damage taken-% in general? well, can the limit of -50% be exceeded with atmas like ducal guard or zenith?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-05 20:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Hiep said:
Is there a cap for PDT-% or damage taken-% in general? well, can the limit of -50% be exceeded with atmas like ducal guard or zenith?

All atma bonuses count towards gear cap :(

edit: at least I thought so? it counts towards gear haste cap, but not PDT?
By Serj 2011-03-05 20:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

PDT and MDT cap at 50%, atmas can't break it. Mdef can be added on to capped MDT, though. DT counts towards the 50% cap on both.

K, beaten, kind of.

Edit: DT, not PD. Derp.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-06 21:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused, with DG + PDT axes (-20%), pets can't achieve -70% PDT?
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They changed how it works. Ducal gaurd + avatar innate -pdt and stout servant used to work together really good but not anymore.

I think now they still work together but are factored seperately or something
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-06 21:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can still reach 100% pdt on bst..

I haven't been able to reach 100% on smn tho :\

Maybe with a pet pdt staff idk >_>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Can still reach 100% pdt on bst..
Pics of 0 dmg hits from hard nms or it didn't happen
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-06 21:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idc if you believe me or not.. ***works tho >_>

and what would a screenshot prove anyways.. im not even sure how to timestamp them :o

I use DG , heavens, zenith atma with the anwig salade and 2 magian axe from pdt trial..

I know there are better pdt atma out there but ***works fine for me

I'm sure there are a ton of other bst out there who could provide "screenshot proof" tho lol..

Ive soloed fistule a ton with that set up.. my pet holds like 20 babies he pops while i beat him down with axes :o
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 21:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Um screenshot would prove 100% pdt... and why would you timestamp it?
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-06 21:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Um screenshot would prove 100% pdt... and why would you timestamp it?

I was assuming your skepticism came from the "fix" SE did to pdt atmas

Just saying my bit ... it works.. if a person doesn't feel like taking 5 mins to go out and test it themself..

they don't deserve to utilize this game feature / exploit or w/e you want to call it.

I'm assuming its working as intended because after they patched it.. still works fine.

I think the reason they patched it was DG was activating at 100% health on smn avatars.

edit: and 100% pdt makes you far from invulnerable .. 90% of NM's in abyssea do magic attacks of some sort... but it certainly helps to have a nearly invulnerable pet while trying to proc atma or w/e
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-06 22:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea and I can straight tank fistule with evasion axes and only DG, so no biggie there. I'm gonna start some PDT axes and see how far I can go
 Siren.Kittyhawk
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-06 22:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It certainly is possible to have a near invincible pet if you have the patience, numbers of people, or are holding something to be staggered.

With RR/DG/GH, 20% magian axes, 10% Anwig, 2% Shepherd's, Stout Servant (+1 from AF3 legs), I can confirm that pets get hit for FAR less than they should if there were a cap.

Hedjedjet normally hits for about 250~430 (no PDT), once Ducal Guard kicks in with a pet PDT set, he hits for about 30-45. Deathgnash from Cirein-croin does a flat 230 damage opposed to FAR more (2,000+).

Magic is the only real downside, because even with a heavy supply of -damage taken, you can't reward/salve etc. fast enough against non-wind (gogo Yuly's intense innate wind resist) magically inclined enemies such as Orthrus, Turul will still decimate you solo.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-03-06 22:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Note where Nazuna goes from taking 200s then suddenly 0s. Thats where Ducal Guard kicks in. Works on anything

Basically pets don't have a cap on damage taken. I think SE changed how avatar's native damage taken works so its no longer calced as DT-50% and instead calced as its own thing later. I haven't had the chance to play around with cactuar on smn yet so don't know for sure.
[+]
 Siren.Kittyhawk
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-06 22:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I could understand wanting to see a string of 0 damage taken (especially against NMs such as Awahondo, pictured above).. but man, I could never live without having RR to speed up kills. Started using GH over Mounted Champion on mobs the regen isn't a necessity to succeed.. it helps so much. :x
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 22:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They changed DG alot because avatars have a native 50% pdt before stout servant so every smn with DG had -100% pdt supposedly.

Still with 100% pdt is pretty strong unless it spams spells since it wont be getting huge amounts of tp with it dealing 0 with melee hits. Especially since in the process of getting that 100% pdt 70% of it is just plain DT then stout servant MDB axes maybe...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 22:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kittyhawk said:
I could understand wanting to see a string of 0 damage taken (especially against NMs such as Awahondo, pictured above).. but man, I could never live without having RR to speed up kills.
Well if you weren't taking any physical full timing rage could be kinda nifty. Maybe less hate loss so it keeps hate longer so you can melee more idk
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-03-06 22:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming nerf
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-06 23:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yar.. here's an example of fistule.. took me like 20 mins to get the damn eft blood

well 15 fistule discharges to go :\

Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2011-03-07 00:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

heh, I just went to test this out against Manananggal and even while he was weilding his knife, my pet took 0 damage instead of the 800 it was taking while > 50%. Neato.

Was using 2 -pdt axes, Anwig Salade, Bazubands, AF3+1 legs, and DG/Zenith/Heavens atmas. (roughly -107% pdt, lolOverkill)

If they give a boost to the pdt axes in the next update, and if I grab the shephards chain (making at least 111%) I could swap out one atma for a better DD atma.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-07 00:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why zenith and heavans anyways? Atma of the Lion gives just as much and gives triple attack.

Atma of Tremors and Atma of the Earth Wyrm are just as much but are DT instead of pdt.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-03-07 00:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't managed to get lion yet.. still missing one KI for that set.. its in the works..

i figure most everybody has done nylulz tho and should have zenith (zenith is DT also)..

and ovni's atma is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE easy to get also..

then just need DG

most anybody should be able to get a 100% pdt atma set in a couple hours