Forum » FFXI » General » WS Points...
WS Points...
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-12 00:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so this is probably a stupid question... But I can get WS points from campaign/beseiged mobs, right?
 Cerberus.Algrensan
Server: Cerberus
user: Algrensan
By Cerberus.Algrensan 2009-03-12 00:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe so, no, You only get Exp at the end of each event.
 Fairy.Rikhu
Server: Fairy
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-12 00:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Points cannot be gained from monsters that do not give experience points. This includes monsters in Dynamis, Limbus, Besieged, Salvage, Einherjar, BCNM, ISNM, Campaign Battles (even when fighting without Allied Tags) or HNMs. However, you can gain points while using Level Sync at any level, as you still obtain experience points while under its effects.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-12 01:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What Rikhu said, except HNM's, they still give experience.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Oric said:
Ok, so this is probably a stupid question... But I can get WS points from campaign/beseiged mobs, right?

Sadly no. :(

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Skill_Points
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-12 01:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i have no idea if this is how it works but.... dancing edge > sekkanoki tachi: kasha > tachi: gekko.

this closes level 2 - 3 points. opens level 3 - 1 point. close level 3 - 5 points... 9 points total right?

not that it matters to me being a thief, but to you sams out there...
 Fairy.Rikhu
Server: Fairy
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-03-12 01:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
What Rikhu said, except HNM's, they still give experience.

that what you got when you copy paste from ffxi wiki ^^;
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-12 02:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Delirium said:
i have no idea if this is how it works but.... dancing edge > sekkanoki tachi: kasha > tachi: gekko.

this closes level 2 - 3 points. opens level 3 - 1 point. close level 3 - 5 points... 9 points total right?

Almost...

Each weaponskill is only calculated once, so if I were to close Fragmentation with Savage Blade, I'd get 3 points, whether or not a Sam then turns that into light doesn't effect my points at all. So it's actually only 8 points, 3 for Gravitation, 5 for Darkness...

Or 3 for Fragmentation, 5 for Light, w/e that SC you said actually does *shrug*

:p
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-12 11:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Delirium said:

Almost...

Each weaponskill is only calculated once, so if I were to close Fragmentation with Savage Blade, I'd get 3 points, whether or not a Sam then turns that into light doesn't effect my points at all. So it's actually only 8 points, 3 for Gravitation, 5 for Darkness...

Or 3 for Fragmentation, 5 for Light, w/e that SC you said actually does *shrug*

:p

gravitation > darkness. anyway for you sams out there looking to get that extra ooomph when beaking your latents. sekkanoki is your friend don't forget about its recast
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-12 11:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My currert trial to do is Ground Strike (On PLD), which means I'll probably recruit a SAM/DNC partner with Shikakoyo and Soboro and just Tachi: Kasha > Spinning Slash. I could flag Impulse Drive too, but um... I can't think of a reason why.

If you want to know why I'm leveling GS on PLD, the simple answer is "because I can" and because there's an outside chance I'll level DRK or WAR someday and might use it.

As far as WS points mobs, I try hard to do them where I won't interfere with peoples' EXP. Wivre at the Grauberg Guntower work great if you can handle them. They have high def, give you attack down, and if you have an L3 skillchain, you can get 25-30 points per mob.

On top of that, you can use the nifty Sigil bonuses, and hop in on battles for extra EXP/LP when there's one going on.
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-12 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

breaking dissector on thf is just as bad
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-12 11:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, anything where the best you can do is a L2 skillchain is pain and /wrist, especially if you need 500 points for it.

At least when I broke Heartsnatcher on BRD, I had Evisceration to use, and a SAM/DNC to dualbox so I could just Double March. Still took a long time, but it reduced the pain some.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-12 12:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you know this already, Ara, but Shikikoyo is 15-minute recast unless someone's dumb enough to put 5 merits into it. Your best bet would be to pick up a Mercurial Sword so you can almost keep up with the SAM.
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-12 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I'm sure you know this already, Ara, but Shikikoyo is 15-minute recast unless someone's dumb enough to put 5 merits into it. Your best bet would be to pick up a Mercurial Sword so you can almost keep up with the SAM.

lets not forget that merc sword is amazing for pld/dnc
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-12 12:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Great idea, except...

You can't break a trial weapon while you're using Merc. Sword. Trust me, I have a Merc. Sword and I'm whoring it out to all my friends with gimp GS skills.

Trust me, if I could have broken Tachi: Rana with my Soboro, I would have, but you have to have the Windslicer equipped for that.

The only time this idea really works is with one hand weapons when you can offhand Justice, Joy, Prudence, M.Kris, Octave/Kraken (If Octave, you find someone to sync to 72), etc. For two handers, you're stuck with the Trial/Nyzul weapon only.

As for Shikakoyo, when you're helping someone break a weapon, every little bit helps. If you work it right, you can almost skillchain almost 3 times in a row.
 Ramuh.Sidi
Server: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-03-12 13:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Every little bit for gaining tp helps too... so pole strap for extra double-att is worth it (since its at capped skill now to get ground strike), and foods... if your subbing /sam, then +store tp food might help some, even if it doesn't give you a full extra hit to lessen ws time, you get hit as pld, and that gives you some tp as well

if your subbing /war that same food works as well, but theres also tentacle sushi, which gives +2% double attack (apparrantly ffxifood says 1%, read 2% a while ago, but *shrug*), so helps bring up chance for extra hit as well XD

---- looking up, I found a godly food that'd be great for this ----

(30 minutes, All Races)

HP +17% (Cap: 130@764 Base HP)
Agility -1
Charisma -1
Dexterity +3
Mind -2
Vitality +2
Double Attack +1%
Store TP +6

go in the past or in toau and get double-food length, and thats an hour of +6 store tp and +1% double att --- only problem is finding someone to make it for you: ingredients are expensive or hard to come by, just need a cook with 66+ cooking skill, and I believe the noodle key item... because its never on AH

just a cheap supliment to helping you get tp a little faster XD, but in the end, you'll want a friend to help ws-point w/ ya (or do it solo while seal farming like I did XD, I unlocked subduer while skilling it up, and then got groundstrike after painful soloing, and a few starter-wses w/ friend to get him his sword unlocked)-- even if its only a lvl 1 skillchain someone can make w/ ya, more than nothing XD

I personally love ws-points... finished all the ones pld can do (as well as morgenstern and subduer for fun XD), but I'll just go and join someone who needs help randomly for no reason, just because its fun (and now since I have all of club, staff, sword, and gsd's wses (that pld can use), and the weapons on me at all time, I'm pretty versitle in helping them XD)