Player Warning: Chedeour(Asura)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Player Warning: Chedeour(Asura)
Player Warning: Chedeour(Asura)
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-03-04 17:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally don't get pissed off as I assume all Asurans I don't personally know, or know of, to be dimwits. But this got me angry because I have a personal history with the aggravation of farming Tunga.

So I create a pug group for Itzpapalotl farming, scales reserved. We go off with 4 other people that want +2 items, including Chedeour. Start out with competition from another warrior farming scales, lose claim the first 2~3 spawns. No problem, built time in the meanwhile. We get one full set after a while and then go for another claim, which Chedeour gets.

Then we go to Itzpapalotl to spawn him. I, knowing Chedeour will probably be a flake, ask him to spawn it. After 5 minutes of waiting for a reply he finally says "i no have ki." He meant the KI dropped by Granite Borer, so the other person who claimed Tunga spawns it. Everything goes according to plan, then we get ready to spawn granite borer. He's afk somewhere while everyone else has gathered. I ask him whats up, he says *goes to look at the chat log* quote "am about to go. ran out of time-" we farmed TE, I was at 155minutes at the time, "an got dyn to run".

At least he didn't ninja lot. But in my opinion stealing the only relevant KI for Itzpapalotl is much worse than ninja lotting.

For the record I made it clear in the shout that it was indeed a "Itzpapalotl farm (6+ kills)".

He's not a real troll, but I would say he would do something like this again, so if you do pick up groups for empyrean weapons or +2 items, stay away from him.

(TL;DR: Chedeour left the party prematurely after obtaining Tunga's KI from the party's hard work.)

Edit: Grammar mistakes.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-03-04 17:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the fact you said asuran's instead of asurans makes me more soft than this story of nothingness
[+]
By Leonlionheart 2011-03-04 17:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
the fact you said asuran's instead of asurans makes me more soft than this story of nothingness

Kay. It's a bad habit, I'll edit if you feel that strongly about it.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-04 17:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The dude had Dynamis, that's srsbsnss! >;P

Aside from jokes, a player warning for a guy who left because he thought he could get an Itzpa done before another event isn't really worth it.

He left with a single KI from a 10min repop NM he won claim over your other competitors for you, come on.
By Leonlionheart 2011-03-04 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
The dude had Dynamis, that's srsbsnss! >;P

Aside from jokes, a player warning for a guy who left because he thought he could get an Itzpa done before another event isn't really worth it.

He left with a single KI from a 10min repop NM he won claim over your other competitors for you, come on.

They were fighting the mega boss at the time.

Edit: 2 hours later he's sitting in Jeuno. The point I'm trying to make is his overall poor quality as a player, making him someone to stay away from.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-04 17:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Then next time just ask how much time everyone actually has or plans to spend on the run and decide who gets to build the pop set.
Not trying to be rude now, just using simple logic.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-04 17:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i know you're not a complete derp leon, let alone one in general, but still, player warning threads, specifically ones from asura, are always laughed at, and/or otherwise taken so lightly, to the point where the heads up about [insert piece of ***asura server player name here] affects their public-interaction temperament in no manner whatsoever
[+]
By Leonlionheart 2011-03-04 18:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Then next time just ask how much time everyone actually has or plans to spend on the run and decide who gets to build the pop set.
Not trying to be rude now, just using simple logic.

Well in hind sight there are a number of ways I could've prevented it as the leader of the pug, but to a certain extent I'd like to have faith in people to realize what "Farm (6+ kills)" means when they sign up. I turned away several people who just wanted the kill because of that reason, this guy was indeed there for +2 items and I confirmed that when he sent me /tells asking to join.

I don't want to be defensive about my position, if you can save a little bit of your sanity by not having to deal with this guy, then do so. I've dealt with a lot of people over the years and this is one of the only times I've been so aggravated with a pug member
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-04 18:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh if it saves one person aggravation, then it served its purpose to warn. That most who've posted in here don't interact with most of Asura for varying reasons and thus are unaffected/ unmoved/ uninterested is no surprise.

@OP coulda been worse... coulda been worse... Just count your blessings...
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-04 18:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Claiming Tunga is hard work.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-03-04 21:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
i know you're not a complete derp leon, let alone one in general, but still, player warning threads, specifically ones from asura, are always laughed at, and/or otherwise taken so lightly, to the point where the heads up about [insert piece of ***asura server player name here] affects their public-interaction temperament in no manner whatsoever

one word: MYPIMP

oh wait...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-03-04 21:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well yea, he's an exception of course lol
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-03-04 21:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done things with Chedeour, he seemed like a decent enough guy. All in all I think you just had a bad day man.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]