MM (Durinn) Or VV Atma

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » MM (Durinn) or VV atma
MM (Durinn) or VV atma
By shady504 2011-02-24 17:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a returning player and still need MM and VV atmas. I really want MM for my mage jobs and was trying to see if anyone plans on fighting these mobs any time soon or wouldn't mind assisting in killing them. Someone told me Durinn can be low-manned but I have no clue if that's true.
Ingame name is Whodat or can PM or post in thread.
Thanks.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-24 19:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

shady504 said:
I am a returning player and still need MM and VV atmas. I really want MM for my mage jobs and was trying to see if anyone plans on fighting these mobs any time soon or wouldn't mind assisting in killing them. Someone told me Durinn can be low-manned but I have no clue if that's true.
Ingame name is Whodat or can PM or post in thread.
Thanks.

its true.

ive low manned durinn with nins virtualy taking zero damage.

your problem is finding someone with all the proc's willing to help rather than the killing part
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-24 19:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout groups are quite common for this, or just read up on it and make a run yourself. It's Asura, you should have no problems.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-02-24 21:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said:
It's Asura, you should have no problems.

shame on you arkane! a few examples:

1. I recall a friend joining a shout group, where guy made it sound like he had pop set, then had no items and wanted everyone to farm it.
2. A person organizing the group justified reserving all drops b/c he had come up with the "strat" to win the fight.
3. 1 and 2 together.
4. everything else I forgot, like joining afking whole time, ninja lotting, etc etc

So instead, assume the worst, and then be ready to work through it to get the atma! I don't believe my group will be in vunker anytime soon, but farming with a low man group would be no problem, especially since the NMs are in the same general spot.

By shady504 2011-02-25 16:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for responses. I just ended up going out to pop sight and there was a group there fighting Durinn that kindly let me join for the atma. I just joined and helped farm the pop items.
I'll probably try the same for VV. Just camp the site and see if I can join a group out there.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-02-25 17:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

VV might be a little more difficult to do that with but GL if you try.

I have not had a horrible experience with shout groups Echa, although I rarely join them and I am super picky when I do.