Magic, What Color Do You Use?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Magic, what color do you use?
Magic, what color do you use?
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-21 22:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:

counter decks without anything but counters seems kinda silly to me

unless you have some mind controls or watever the *** they are

That was the idea, silly wizardy stuff. It actually DID have two creatures in it, black ones I couldn't play on account of only having islands.

Forget the name, but they were like, 2/2 and mostly-useless, but I think could block flying and had a nice ability of being able to return to PLAY from your graveyard if they were the only creatures in it.

I'd just hold them until I had to discard, then drop them and get them into play for free on my next turn.

It worked sometimes, though. Being able to bounce virtually anything to someone's hand, including fresh creatures during attack rounds and mana, was a fair trade.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 22:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
Most slivers were introduced in Time Spiral iirc So they must have lifted that Ban D:
Tempest block and onslaught block too. And they weren't banned back then either. Not from offical DCI sanctioned events. I actually used them a bit in onslaught since they were actually good and kinda rediculous if you could get a whole bunch in a draft deck.

Also you only posted the banned list for block constructed. There is also no bans on anything for type 2 or 1.5. Type 1 still has a huge banned/restricted list lol
[+]
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2011-02-21 22:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Most slivers were introduced in Time Spiral iirc So they must have lifted that Ban D:
Tempest block and onslaught block too. And they weren't banned back then either. Not from offical DCI sanctioned events. I actually used them a bit in onslaught since they were actually good and kinda rediculous if you could get a whole bunch in a draft deck.

Also you only posted the banned list for block constructed. There is also no bans on anything for type 2 or 1.5. Type 1 still has a huge banned/restricted list lol
I dont understand why they even created slivers!
At least give them ridiculous mana costs because you can play a sliver starting from turn one and so on :/
I hate sliver decks!
And Elf Decks!
Trample decks are fun tho :<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 22:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I got out of it for awhile when they banned the key card in a combo deck I had that was on average winning by turn 4 in type 2.
 Caitsith.Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-21 22:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I should go on to mention again a lot of this cockamamie counterstuff would happen just to make sure I lasted until the bell rang to go to next class/home/whathaveyou.

Without any actual cards designed to make my opponent discard, it didn't work as a mill without an hour or so to wait out the whole process of slowly discarding due to hand limit.

I guess I wasn't very good at the game, but neither were my friends, so I guess it was successful?
 Bahamut.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Ixe said:

At least give them ridiculous mana costs because you can play a sliver starting from turn one and so on :/
I hate sliver decks!
And Elf Decks!
Trample decks are fun tho :<

ive hated elf decks since my brother somehow got like a 30/30 or some ***and just shat on me
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 22:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:

I hate sliver decks!
And Elf Decks! Trample decks are fun tho :<
Most slivers have bad manacost. Why play a meh 1/1 for 1 mana when you can play a 3/3 for 1 mana? Espeically when the decent ability ones were usually much worst costed. Like 5 mana for a 3/3 or 4 for a 2/2
[+]
 Caitsith.Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-21 22:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I got out of it for awhile when they banned the key card in a combo deck I had that was on average winning by turn 4 in type 2.

Mirrodin's... uh... what's it... The Shackle-artifact-discard-I-win combo? Last 4-turn instawin I knew of.

Edit: This is the combo, for those not in the know/interested

INFINITY COMBO: Up to infinite life (Scrapheap) or damage (Disciple of the Vault). You need two Myr Retrievers to do this. Sac the Myr Retriever to the Altar for 2 colorless mana. When the first Myr goes to the graveyard, assuming you have another in your graveyard, return the other Myr to your hand. Repeat this. While you can't get infinite mana without a Helm of Awakening, you can get infinite life with the Scrapheap since the Myrs will keep hitting the graveyard. Or, you can choose your opponent to lose up to infinite life with the Disciple of the Vault. I see the Disciple being abused in this block, and its only a common! Thanks Kaervek for the awesome combo. You can click on the Infinite Deck button to go to the infinite decks but right now there isn't a deck for this one. It's kind of tough to pull off. If you want a little control in your deck with this, add Lumengrid Sentinel and Opposition your opponent.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i used to know someone who would go to that site where you could create magic cards and he would print them and paste them over his cards and try to use them

they were only games between friends but it was pretty funny to watch
 Caitsith.Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-21 22:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
i used to know someone who would go to that site where you could create magic cards and he would print them and paste them over his cards and try to use them

Proxy-gaming is some of the more fun stuff, since you're allowed to freely craft a deck without spending huge money on anything.
 Caitsith.Princessbubbles
By Caitsith.Princessbubbles 2011-02-21 22:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Deck I'm using atm is a Green/Black deck :D, mostly use the black half of the deck for killing off creatures while I get the green creatures out and buffed up.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lyall said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

Proxy-gaming is some of the more fun stuff, since you're allowed to freely craft a deck without spending huge money on anything.

he was the only one doing it

and he would try to convince us that they were real
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2011-02-21 22:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally had one of these decks <333 FLash

By Serj 2011-02-21 22:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing with a friend and using any cards? Try this combo out.

[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

and i <3 orinthopters
 Caitsith.Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-21 22:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Caitsith.Lyall said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

Well then *** that guy.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lyall said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Caitsith.Lyall said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

Well then *** that guy.

yeah he was stupid
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 22:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lyall said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Mirrodin's... uh... what's it... The Shackle-artifact-discard-I-win combo? Last 4-turn instawin I knew of.
Turn 1 play

and

Imprinting something blue... cast

End turn

Turn 2

play

Creating a 1/1 token

Play

Equip for free draw 2 cards proceed to play lots of free artifact creatures equiping drawing (gets kidna boring) end up playing the entire deck do some bouncing tricks to get spell count up even more if you want and replay moxes, play some more moxes for mana then for the coup de grace

[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 22:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

trollface.jpg
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 22:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lyall said:
Edit: This is the combo, for those not in the know/interested INFINITY COMBO: Up to infinite life (Scrapheap) or damage (Disciple of the Vault). You need two Myr Retrievers to do this. Sac the Myr Retriever to the Altar for 2 colorless mana. When the first Myr goes to the graveyard, assuming you have another in your graveyard, return the other Myr to your hand. Repeat this. While you can't get infinite mana without a Helm of Awakening, you can get infinite life with the Scrapheap since the Myrs will keep hitting the graveyard. Or, you can choose your opponent to lose up to infinite life with the Disciple of the Vault. I see the Disciple being abused in this block, and its only a common! Thanks Kaervek for the awesome combo. You can click on the Infinite Deck button to go to the infinite decks but right now there isn't a deck for this one. It's kind of tough to pull off. If you want a little control in your deck with this, add Lumengrid Sentinel and Opposition your opponent.
Yeah but that's type 1 I think so decks already do rediculous stuff then. Mine was type 2 ie only the 2 most current blocks.
 Caitsith.Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-02-21 22:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I love good combos. Those are awesome, guys.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 22:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Lyall said:
I love good combos. Those are awesome, guys.
Me too. I particularly liked making up unused combos. So people just look at you strange when you play usually unused cards or play common cards in unusual ways... then they think they are fine and you are just doing something dumb... then the groan when they realize wtf you are doing... sometimes a really long groan if you ended up playing your whole deck in one turn
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ive never been good at making actual combos

i normally just run burns and the only combo there is lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 22:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unrelated note: think they are doing a midnight release for bulletstorm?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-21 22:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

i dont know but i want that game
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-21 23:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

i dont know but i want that game

I called, they are doing midnight for Killzone 3, but he said he will give me bulletstorm if i come in.

The demo was fun for bulletstorm. Not worth 60 bucks though. So they attach the gears 3 beta, and im there.
[+]
By Drjones 2011-02-22 14:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
ive never been good at making actual combos

i normally just run burns and the only combo there is lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt
I prefer the deck my friend and I built that goes ball lightning ball lightning ball lightning.

Definitely one of my favorite decks ever.