Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Feet
Feet
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-02-21 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I had a chance to do some recent Aby. soloing and was wondering what are the best TP and WS feet for BST. I'm currenting TPing in Aurum Sabatons and WSing in Ferine Ocreae +1.

Is there anything new I might be missing?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-02-21 12:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lawlz. I saw the title and was expecting some NSFW stuff going on. Please continue... >.>
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-02-21 12:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, no no. This isn't THAT type of thread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-21 12:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tzaellia said:
Why not?
[+]
 Cerberus.Bikpik
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-02-21 17:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I TP in Dusk+1 and will WS in Ferine Ocreae +1 once I can get the damn base boots to drop for me lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-02-21 17:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TP and WS in +2 Ferine since I capped haste with other options
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-21 17:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tzaellia said:
So I had a chance to do some recent Aby. soloing and was wondering what are the best TP and WS feet for BST. I'm currenting TPing in Aurum Sabatons and WSing in Ferine Ocreae +1.

It would help to know your set, to see where you stand on your haste build, but you've got the right idea. If you have the Body+2 to upgrade, once that's done, you can full time either +1 or +2 feet for a net gain. I'm assuming you'd be missing the body+2, since that's the hardest thing to get for Beastmaster's Haste set.
[+]
 Asura.Broki
Server: Asura
user: Broki
By Asura.Broki 2011-02-21 18:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious to know what would be an optimal TP and WS set for BST, if anyone could show both sets it would be greatly appreciated.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-21 18:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Broki said:
I am curious to know what would be an optimal TP and WS set for BST, if anyone could show both sets it would be greatly appreciated.

This is probably the best for TP.
Some Debatable Changes: Richardet's +2 is the OAT version, but the Double Attack+10 may be nearly as powerful when considering the additional bonus to Weapon Skills.

The Charmer's Merline could be ousted for the Empyrean, but currently, the Empyrean is kind of disappointing in Abyssea, even when factoring in the aftermath, the loss of Rampage with RR is pretty staggering, but I haven't run a parse to back it up with hard data.

For Rampage, this is likely hard to top, aside from Armada Hauberk as opposed to NQ, perhaps Twilight Mail in Abyssea, but 5strength for 15 attack? Tough call. Moonshade is ATK+4 TPBonus+25.

There's also this for the Empyrean Weapon skill.
[+]
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-21 22:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@Zicdeh
Rampage set:
Depending on whether Ferine Gausape +2 affects melee damage, I'd say replace Adaman Hauberk with it when fighting mobs affected by the killer effects. I also wouldn't ever Rampage in Twilight Mail in Abyssea since attack isn't even capped against most mobs, unless you're fighting easy preys, and accuracy generally is not a problem. Killer shortbow (if augment killer effects works with melee damage) or Flame sachet in place of Astrolabe, assuming optimal set. Soil gorget in place of Ferine necklace.

Cloudsplitter set:
Teutates subligar and Suzaku's Sune-Ate.

Primal Rend set:

[+]
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-02-22 00:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, that all looks like some really interesting stuff. I need to really get the Epona's ring and the Twighlight belt. I have most of the rest.
 Asura.Broki
By Asura.Broki 2011-02-22 00:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For WS if one does not have Adaman Hauberk or Ferine Gausape +2 would Twilight mail be better than Hauberk +1?
[+]
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-22 00:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Broki said:
For WS if one does not have Adaman Hauberk or Ferine Gausape +2 would Twilight mail be better than Hauberk +1?

It's hard to say, but best way is to test it yourself if you have both. I'm guessing Twilight Mail, 9STR 9DEX vs 12atk, also, it's free.
[+]
 Asura.Broki
By Asura.Broki 2011-02-22 01:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What about legs for WS if Hecatomb Subligar is not an option right now, i am assuming Tumbler Trunks would be the next best thing, is that correct or did i over look some better WS legs?
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-22 01:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:
Lawlz. I saw the title and was expecting some NSFW stuff going on. Please continue... >.>
I also was expecting some kinda foot fetish ...
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-22 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Broki said:
What about legs for WS if Hecatomb Subligar is not an option right now, i am assuming Tumbler Trunks would be the next best thing, is that correct or did i over look some better WS legs?
Tumbler Trunks are indeed your best option then.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-02-22 09:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Tzaellia said:
Why not?

*Throws a bucket of ice cold water*

NO.

Bad Dasva.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-22 10:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tzaellia said:

Nope. Looks like those are excellent choices for TP phase and WS set.
[+]
 Asura.Broki
By Asura.Broki 2011-02-22 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I know i derailed this thread a bit, but thanks a lot for all the helpful information Omgwtftaru & Zicdeh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-02-22 17:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is my current TP set:

I still have the Bibiki Seashell because I haven't gone out and gotten anything better yet like Astrolabe.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-22 18:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the movement speed penalty really messes with you, you're probably better off getting NQ Dusk gloves, or if you're lucky enough to get the drop, Ocelots.

Also, with how easy it is to re-do divine might (Recently did with 4 people, though it requires Perfect Defense) you might want to consider dropping the Beastly for a Suppanomimi. It's probably common knowledge, but if you (or anyone else) wants to know about low-man Divine might strat, I'd be happy to oblige.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-02-22 20:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Unless the movement speed penalty really messes with you, you're probably better off getting NQ Dusk gloves, or if you're lucky enough to get the drop, Ocelots.

Also, with how easy it is to re-do divine might (Recently did with 4 people, though it requires Perfect Defense) you might want to consider dropping the Beastly for a Suppanomimi. It's probably common knowledge, but if you (or anyone else) wants to know about low-man Divine might strat, I'd be happy to oblige.

Yeah, those look great. It'll be two birds with one stone as I still need that Atma from Eccentric Eve. And yeah, I guess it's time to change that earring. Thanks for the constructive criticism!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-03-26 12:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So had some time to improve the Tp and WS sets. Still need to get that Astrolabe.

TP

WS