Looking For Some Help With ACP.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Looking for some help with ACP.
Looking for some help with ACP.
By sandolphonasura 2011-02-21 12:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So, uh...some friends in my linkshell and I decided to tackle ACP, being as it looked relatively straightforward and quick and the rewards looking pretty apetizing as well.

We went through the entire add-on in one sitting but now we're stuck on the final fight. Our problem is that with the four of us doing it, we can't figure out a strategy that will claim our victory.

We have either a 90blu or 90dnc, a 90mnk, a 75nin, and a 61 sam. So you see why we're having a hard time. Our first try we got two 90 sams to come help thinking we could zerg him down pretty fast...nope.

So, to get to my point, I was wondering if there are any groups or linkshells on the server that are experienced with the fight and would be willing to help us win it? I figure what would be best is making an adequate set-up and then running the fight 2-4 times until all of us has the win.

I don't know if this is a reasonable request or not, but I assume its the only option we have other than waiting on them to get 90s and even then the set-up still might not work.

I appreciate any help or constructive responses ahead of time.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-21 13:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Have someone cast Stun while you hit it til it dies. Seriously, that's the whole fight.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-21 13:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that hard of a fight.

I've been spamming it for the pet accuracy augmented rings

3 bst take it np.. don't even need stun
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-02-21 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...interesting. So with a 90 blu spamming headbutt, and a 90 mnk and 75 nin going at it, (also a 61 sam but i dont count that as doing much), what else should we get? Should we find a rdm/drk to stun gun and another 90 dd? or another rdm/drk?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-21 14:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The "old-school" strategy for this fight is to have a pld hold hate and run away from it while it spams draw-in. Healer keeps PLD alive. Stunner stuns agas. the other 3 members are DDs which are capable of hitting from outside aoe range (Rng, Sam/rng, Smn, etc.) I recently re-did this fight using this strategy, and it was laughably easy.

Zerging it is also viable, just make sure you can take it down fast enough that the agas/aoes don't kill everyone. I would highly suggest getting your lower members to 90 (would only take a few hours in abyssea). A 61 Sam will contribute next to nothing for this fight, and same goes for a 75 Nin.

If the jobs you listed are the only ones possible, I'd suggest the Blu attempt to stun-lock it while you zerg it.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-21 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
Hmmm...interesting. So with a 90 blu spamming headbutt, and a 90 mnk and 75 nin going at it, (also a 61 sam but i dont count that as doing much), what else should we get? Should we find a rdm/drk to stun gun and another 90 dd? or another rdm/drk?

Kind of off topic, but rdm90/blm gets stun.

If you are planning to zerg it, you need more DD.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-02-21 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of why i was thinking itd be best to find 3-4 adequate jobs and running it 2-3 times until all four of us have it. hard to figure out what jobs to get with four of us that need the win. and id feel like a bad ls leader if i did it without them. xD