How Hard Is It/ Which Mobs Should I Solo In Abyss

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » How hard is it/ which mobs should I solo in Abyss
How hard is it/ which mobs should I solo in Abyss
 Phoenix.Valefar
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2011-02-17 13:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to get myself a refresh pin from highlands, I have a 90 blu/ 90 dnc, I'm wondering which job i'm better off soloing there for a decent killspeed, also- which mobs are best for soloing with either job?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 13:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can do it Crour style in Kon as well.

On blu you can get Pearl and Azure lights easily as well as Amber for the Gold boxes.(Might have to tweak atmas around a bit to see what works best.) But just rotate killing Imps and Tonberries(might wanna reset hate but they die very quickly.) if you want do to it Crour style.

If you don't care about Crour Tonberries are still a good choice since I think they give enhanced lights. Once you are getting enough TE's just switch over and try to Amber everything. Its a good way to get nice Dark Rings as well.

GL!
 Phoenix.Valefar
Server: Phoenix
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2011-02-17 13:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Err, I actually need some Atmas, what are good ones to get ASAP? >_<;

EDIT: thanks for the advice as well!
 Caitsith.Amonk
Server: Caitsith
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2011-02-17 13:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma

The good ones to start with will most likely be different synthetics, depending on what you've killed so far in abyssea. If you are talking about the best general purpose for your jobs then you'll want to look into Razed Ruins, Minikin Monstrosity, and Voracious Violet in particular.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 14:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In the beging you'll want just standard Blu *** kicking Atmas..but when you make the switch to Amber kills you might need to boost whatever WS you will be doing with Atma's just making it that much easier to cap Amber.

In the end it really might not matter. Just cap Azure/Pearl first, get a few TE's under your belt and then Amber everything that you see. There are at least 2 Emps that are easy to get to at Tonberry/Imp camp..which should speed the process up a little.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 14:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
I'm looking to get myself a refresh pin from highlands, I have a 90 blu/ 90 dnc, I'm wondering which job i'm better off soloing there for a decent killspeed, also- which mobs are best for soloing with either job?
Atma of the Sea daughter is very handy as well, highest constant regain possible but for the hairpin I would join an exp party to cap lights and time extensions then solo mobs. Dnc would probably be a faster killer if they were both atma-less and Atma of the Razed Ruins + Atma of the Gnarled Horn are the two staples for a good dnc. If you see any shouts for those two or sea daughter I would get on it.
On blu do you need Sea Daughter and solo I thought SD wouldn't be the best expecially with the whole Slow+13% that goes along with the Regain.

Might be wrong tho..Just experiment and see what works best.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-17 15:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I did most of my farming for a fresh pin solo as blu/nin.
I mostly killed bugards, no specific reason, I just liked them:P
Die fast and stuff!
Used VV + RR + MM mostly
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 15:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I did most of my farming for a fresh pin solo as blu/nin. I mostly killed bugards, no specific reason, I just liked them:P Die fast and stuff! Used VV + RR + MM mostly
How long did it take you to get Pin solo?

I've been wanting to try to do this solo for a while now. My best job solo would prolly be Drg but thats not the best for Ambering stuff. I could do it on rdm melee style nuking when I needed to but I'd be afraid it would go sooo slow.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-17 15:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When I actally got the pin it was in a group :P
I spent alooot of hours in there trying.. probably made close to 1m on dark rings along the way tho >_>
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 15:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
When I actally got the pin it was in a group :P I spent alooot of hours in there trying.. probably made close to 1m on dark rings along the way tho >_>
Canadian all the sudden? Aboot alooot..
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-17 15:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
When I actally got the pin it was in a group :P I spent alooot of hours in there trying.. probably made close to 1m on dark rings along the way tho >_>

may have spent 3 RL days in my vigil for a hairpin or decent ring in which i was rewarded with abooot 9 sets of every key item in zone and a mountain of ***and no refresh hairpins or good rings

*** that ***
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-17 15:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Sorry if writing alooot was a huge fault in my english! <_>
*points at norwegian flag* Far from my main language! :p
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sorry if writing alooot was a huge fault in my english! <_> *points at norwegian flag* Far from my main language! :p
Lol I understand what you were trying to say..but when I first read it..I did read it alooot(damn Canadians..) Just giving you a hard time lol.

I know a guy in my linkshell spent give or take 20 hours trying to get a refresh hairpin. He got some really good Dark Rings and finally got a Pin, I don't think he's been in that zone since then..lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-17 15:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sorry if writing alooot was a huge fault in my english! <_> *points at norwegian flag* Far from my main language! :p
Lol I understand what you were trying to say..but when I first read it..I did read it alooot(damn Canadians..) Just giving you a hard time lol.

I know a guy in my linkshell spent give or take 20 hours trying to get a refresh hairpin. He got some really good Dark Rings and finally got a Pin, I don't think he's been in that zone since then..lol

Made alot of EE pops aswell, got ocelot gloves for both my chars and shoes for my mule + sold a pair for 5m >_>
So all in all I'd say it was time well spent :P
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-02-17 15:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have about.... 45 hours total worth of time in there, with no refresh pin to show for it :/ Some decent Augs on Dark Rings, but thats about it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 16:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Lol I understand what you were trying to say..but when I first read it..I did read it alooot(damn Canadians..) Just giving you a hard time lol. I know a guy in my linkshell spent give or take 20 hours trying to get a refresh hairpin. He got some really good Dark Rings and finally got a Pin, I don't think he's been in that zone since then..lol
Made alot of EE pops aswell, got ocelot gloves for both my chars and shoes for my mule + sold a pair for 5m >_> So all in all I'd say it was time well spent :P
Indeed lol.

I still want Fast shoes for Sam..

Wonder how well..drg could solo it.