Going Rates On +2 Items (Asura)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Going rates on +2 items (Asura)
Going rates on +2 items (Asura)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2011-02-15 09:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a price list somewhere some shells are selling on +2 item upgrades that I could see (and compare)?
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-15 10:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Item Search -> insert name of +2 item -> hit enter, and check who is bazaaring the item?
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-15 10:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course not, that'd be a silly thing to waste time making. Just check the Bazaar section.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2011-02-15 10:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Or

I could see if any shells that make it a point in selling +2 items have their own list of stuff they sell on a regular basis.

Gives me a chance to compare prices without having to go to each individual +2 item I want if there is a database of shells that sell this ***for profit.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-15 10:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the problem in checking each individual +2 item - even if you have a shitload of jobs you want AF3 +2 for, surely you would prioritize certain jobs, or certain +2 items? I know I do.

Or you could just be on the lookout for shouts for NMs that drop items for stage 2 empyrean weapons and +2 items, such as Sobek, Cirein-Croin, Itzpapalotl, Ulhuadshi. Usually whoever is shouting wants the empyrean weapon item and rest goes free lot.

Hi Solara! :D
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2011-02-15 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you are saying that no shells on Asura sells +2 items regularly?
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-15 10:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that's what I'm saying. People might sell some items if members are capped and they have to kill w/e mob it is for other reasons (read: stage 2 emp weapon items).

Edit: I can refer you to Gugi and Xenophire, maybe Toxleh, for +2 items for sale.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-15 14:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tamoa nailed it. No one on Asura really farms +2 nms for money, there's not enough profit for the time spent unless you already need something else from it. Doing so would give less reward:effort while creating a competitive market value that would constrain other groups, and that would be silly.

Small groups like mine, or Toxleh's or Gugi's are probably your best bet, but they'll change what their offering depending on what their current needs are.

That said, we're currently (I believe, have to double check with members tonight but I think we're capped) selling Coins, Stones, and Cards of Vision for the next two weeks or so. All are 300k/each, PM me if you're interested.

Hi Tam, grats on your Masamune! :D
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-15 16:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! :D
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-02-17 21:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What solara said. My group pretty much has the same stance. Most low man groups usually clear just enough to get the job done or take care of their members, then move on to the next godforsaken camp. It doesn't always have to be gil on the table. If you have collateral to offer that's more productive for both of us, I'm open. Except Sobek. *** Sobek. I banned my LS from ever doing another sword or Katana. Stones of balance were hitting the floor and a person had a pop so that was the trade. They got their +2, and I had one less f'n peiste to fight 6000 people over.

masamune tamoa?! bah where's your Gaxe o_O

Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-17 21:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The greedier shells will probably charge you 200-300k per. I'd assume there are more modest shells out there that would sell for ~50k per though.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-02-17 22:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
The greedier shells will probably charge you 200-300k per. I'd assume there are more modest shells out there that would sell for ~50k per though.

you realize what server thread this is under right o_O? maybe if you put another "0" after that 50....
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-17 22:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

Who in their right mind would sell for 50k each? It's not worth the time turning on the computer for that, let alone the fact that no one sells any unless their capped on drops while still doing an empyrean weapon.