Anyone Have A Good Resheph Strategy?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Anyone have a good Resheph strategy?
Anyone have a good Resheph strategy?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-13 16:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a good 4-man strat for Resheph that doesn't include pet jobs?

I read some about kiting it during TP moves, but wouldn't that be difficult with the Gravity Aura?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-13 16:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DD + WHM is fine. The aura sometimes messes you up, sometimes doesn't - best not to rely on kiting as a strategy. The hate reset spam is SUPER ANNOYING near the end so you may want extra DDs. WHM likely to go splat at some point.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-13 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

More worried about Tarsal Slam > Spinning Top lol.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-13 16:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
More worried about Tarsal Slam > Spinning Top lol.

Nothing really too it... Tarsal Slam doesn't erase shadows, just ignores them. So when you see 2hour put your shadows up, and make sure you have 3.

Plus theres a good bit of delay between TP moves during Meikyo, Your WHM should have plenty of time to Cure VI you.

He is really laughably easy, just need to have a good WHM.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-13 16:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been in a party that has killed him twice but never really paid attention, is Tarsal Slam a long enough move to stun reliably? Or will he just 3 TP moves no matter what even if one is stunned?
 Asura.Raignes
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2011-02-13 16:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Good 4-man strat for Resheph... Get a WHM that doesn't suck?

No, really, though. Awahondo's prolly harder than Resheph coz Hundred Fists sucks. I'd imagine DD DD WHM BLM(grellow) would be able to do him fairly easy if the WHM is attentive and the DDs can share hate well enough. Like Karb said, he takes a while to use TP moves during 2hour, so a half-decent WHM should be able to pop off a C6 should you get Slammed.

2nd DD is for when Slam goes off and hate gets reset so it doesn't go after the mages, BLM can pull off a Stun in a pinch, also can proc grellow for +2 items if that's what you need. Grav aura isn't much to worry about, only thing that would really kill you is Slam > Top if the WHM is off fapping or something.

Good luck :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-13 17:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Awahondo is harder
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-02-13 17:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Rdm + Nin, since I don't have whm.

A little annoying without being able to spam anything but Cure III/IV after tarsal slam and hate reset, but it was an easy fight.
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-02-13 17:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dnc would be a great main or second tank with it if their good. Waltz to take he back and heal yourself etc. Id imagine a well geared/skilled dnc could solo it really. Its more a slow annoying fight than anything depending on setup.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 17:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

thfs make pretty nice tanks since you can steal hate back after hate reset. Also if something bad happens you can back tank so easy even weakened with no buffs/debuffs
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2011-02-13 18:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did nin + whm and was very easy, was 2boxing a 2nd character as blm/brd or blu/blm for yellows, and could even warp to change to the other job if needed while healing the nin and we never died.
If the whm is paying attention the cure V/VI will land at the same time that tarsal slam hits so wont be any danger.
Can even hold it a while after hate reset with some pdt gear and cure v spam until the nin recovers hate.
Idk if evasion does matter, but a nin, thf or dnc, plus a whm can do it for sure, idk about other melees.
Definitely Awahondo is much harder lol
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-02-13 18:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki is wrong regarding the gravity aura and defense down aura unless it's incredibly small. He ONLY gained aura after using filamented hold. Never experienced gravity or defense down during 2-hour unless he used filamented hold first. Even if he does have gravity aura, if you walk in a straight line, his tp moves will not hit you. You can stand there and eat tarsal slam if you want to, but it seems kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when you can just walk outside 10' and avoid it completely.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-13 19:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always lowmanned it.
Ninjatank: When it 2hrs, head to a rock.
His first TP is rarely slam... ,
just circle rock till he's done.

Other than that, he's a breeze...
Just keep shadows up, have a whitemage, presto.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-02-13 19:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Two BLM/RDMs can do Resheph very easy using the big-*** rock next to its ???. You just bounce hate and run in opposite directions. Time stuns after Filamented hold to avoid death from the gravity aura(the aura only lasts ~30 seconds)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-14 07:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A thf, nin and I (BLM/WHM) triod him for a bunch of +2 items a while back. Thf and Nin alternate tanking while the nin and I nuked for yellow proc and I cured. It's a cakewalk.