Super pet soloing
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 05:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So after 2 long brennu solos, (easy cakes, just time consuming) I was wondering how much grief other bst's get for super soloing(if any, at all) Had a mnk and whm lolbst'ing and whatnot the entire fight, and it just gets annoying. Some of us have real jobs, can't be in a ls and play 5+ hours a night, and live in a completely different time zone then the general population of the server (***-ura, est, I live in Hawaii) so even finding a lowman... Sucks... So I solo to get my +2.

Any thoughts?
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 06:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell them to whine to someone that cares, it's not their game. Priority comes to those that pop the NM or claim it. END!
[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-02-12 06:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If they offer to help you, just to speed up the fight and that drops are yours... don't be an arse and super solo ignoring them.

Some people will steal your NM's or the loot but really, please don't take 20-30-45min+ on some things because you can if there is the offer of free help.
Especially at some of the weird off times, when odds are the other lowmann groups are there to avoid being griefed by large groups which would be spamming TE's and every NM pop.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 07:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe they mentioned they were asked if they wanted help.

Just had random comments spammed at them, that's rude... so Screw those people.
[+]
 Asura.Nightbear
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2011-02-12 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Both sides are annoying, any job soloing anything more than 10 min is wasting his/her own time as well the group trying to get a hold of the same NM. If help is offered acept it gladly ask for QM. problem solved. as for ***-ura, well yeah SE invented server transfer :) if you hate the place so much. I know plenty of hawaiin players ( at least 4 ) so just find the right group to do things. or a pet LS there is plenty and always there is a night owl or 2~
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-12 07:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed... if you were taking a "long" time, I woulda been pissed also.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-12 07:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi. I just wanted to say that I hate all your kind. You and DNCs are what's wrong with the game these days.

PS. Don't play the real life card as an attempt to make excuses as to why you can't make any friends in the game. It's very, very transparent.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 07:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nightbear said:
Both sides are annoying, any job soloing anything more than 10 min is wasting his/her own time as well the group trying to get a hold of the same NM. If help is offered acept it gladly ask for QM. problem solved. as for ***-ura, well yeah SE invented server transfer :) if you hate the place so much. I know plenty of hawaiin players ( at least 4 ) so just find the right group to do things. or a pet LS there is plenty and always there is a night owl or 2~

It is their time to waste though, if others don't like it, they can leave and return later, or find another NM (it's not like only one NM drops one type of seal) with an overkill-alliance you can kill pretty much anything. no one person or group has more claim to an NM than the other, regardless of their numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-02-12 07:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone takes 15-20mins to solo an NM so what? You're wasting your own time by standing around waiting for them instead of doing something else.

[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-12 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any problem at all with BST soloing or any job soloing it's just when you take an uber long time to do something my group standing right next to you could do in seconds, and even proc it for you. Even offer help, but no response or a no.

Just when you have an LS of 15+ people all standing around watching, and they offer help PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE GOD take it!! It speeds up the process for everyone.

But yeah if they're just going to say lolbst, and offer no help... screw em; take as long as you want.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-02-12 08:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
I don't have any problem at all with BST soloing or any job soloing it's just when you take an uber long time to do something my group standing right next to you could do in seconds, and even proc it for you. Even offer help, but no response or a no.

Just when you have an LS of 15+ people all standing around watching, and they offer help PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEASE GOD take it!! It speeds up the process for everyone.

But yeah if they're just going to say lolbst, and offer no help... screw em; take as long as you want.

My wife was going to do a NM in Aby-Altep once. A pt was there, proc'ing and such, she wanted whm hands. She asked if she could join and help very politely. She waited for them to kill 2 while asking. They said no, so she popped it and solo'd it. At 25% they all of a sudden wanted to team up.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-12 09:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If they seem nice enough I always let them in to help, especially when they offer to process !! too
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-12 09:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:

Not that this has happened to me, but If i'm soloing something in abyssea, and a group of people offer to help me kill it, while they might have good intentions by offering to kill it quickly, unless I know those people or their reputation I don't think I could trust them not to try steal my ***.

Unfortunately there are people in the game that play dirty like that, and I just don't consider it worth the risk with strangers.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-12 09:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
Hi. I just wanted to say that I hate all your kind. You and DNCs are what's wrong with the game these days.

PS. Don't play the real life card as an attempt to make excuses as to why you can't make any friends in the game. It's very, very transparent.

It's not just a matter of not having friends, a lot of times I prefer to get stuff done by myself and not hassle others when I can do it myself.

Like for pluviale, I never had anyone waiting on me for kill, took me ~30mins tops to solo on SMN each time, and I got it on the 6th kill.

I considered it less hassle doing that than trying to bring a bunch of friends to it for proccing blue etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katsukora
Server: Cerberus
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-02-12 09:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:

My wife was going to do a NM in Aby-Altep once. A pt was there, proc'ing and such, she wanted whm hands. She asked if she could join and help very politely. She waited for them to kill 2 while asking. They said no, so she popped it and solo'd it. At 25% they all of a sudden wanted to team up.

Selfishness and ignorance at its best.

Honestly, if someone can do it, then good for them, often better than having something you want yanked from you. Why I choose to do it with friends or LS members, cause more or less, some people who want it all for themselves will do as they please and just take what they want. Or try to depending. And yeah, if the NM you want is taken, just move to something else, course, only problem is if that's all you're after. Sometimes you have to be patient, or find something else to do, plain and simple.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-02-12 10:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As already mentioned, if they're offering to help to speed it up then sure accept if you trust them. It saves time for both of you. But if they're just gonna *** at you and not help then ignore them.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 10:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, no no help was offered, they just wanted to *** and gripe.. Oh well.

Bismarck.Ihina said:

Now normally, I would just ignore crap like this, being that it's 6 am and I'm bitchy, I'm gonna have at it.

Just because you either A: Live with mommy and daddy, or B: Wouldn't know what a life was if it hit you in the face, does not mean half of us don't have one. I have plenty of friends,(Never said anything about not being able to make any... You pull that out of your *** too?) most are est, don't play late ect. ect..

[+]
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-02-12 10:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were soloing and they offered to help and you didn't take it, then maybe they might get annoyed. Happened to us last night. What did we do? we moved on.

Why do soloers or low man groups not accept help? We are conditioned into believing ppl being out to steal from us. Years of 21hr NMs and horrid drop rates have made us wary of taking help offered.

There are 10 abyssea zones. If you groups have everything for everyone from every other zone and said NM is the last thing you need...you have bigger problems than waiting 40mins for a kill.

Kudos to you Mr.BST. Get your +2s!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 10:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean honestly, it could be worse... Could go back to the stone ages when rdms soloed genbu for 2-3 hours, and you couldn't go help them....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 10:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

ever see a rdm41 solo genbu for 9 hours on principle? lol

No, but i'd be that guy to do it >.>
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-12 11:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:

I'd have to say it's your kind that's what's wrong with this game, jackass.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Trunksc
Server: Lakshmi
user: trunksc
By Lakshmi.Trunksc 2011-02-12 11:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you claim/pop an NM its yours. Its always been that way. People can QQ all they want. If SE thought something was wrong with that they'd put a short rage timer on it.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 11:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that don't know, there's a rage timer on Hedjetgetjetgetjet(lolz, the big scorp in altep... I found out the hard way o.o)
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 11:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a 'pet' group take nearly 3 and a half hours to kill the Ironclad in Uleguer, and when i left it was still at 15% :(

That Would piss me off and i don't care how I'd look, probably screaming like a drunk redneck standing on his trailer porch as the drunk hooker sped off in a car while the neighbors watched.

Outside of that, If someones taking an exuberantly long time to kill something, I simply offer help, tell them they can have all drops and even QM Them if they like. If i'm ignored (99% of the time) I move on, and wish them luck.

By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 12:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
I saw a 'pet' group take nearly 3 and a half hours to kill the Ironclad in Uleguer, and when i left it was still at 15% :(

That Would piss me off and i don't care how I'd look, probably screaming like a drunk redneck standing on his trailer porch as the drunk hooker sped off in a car while the neighbors watched.

Outside of that, If someones taking an exuberantly long time to kill something, I simply offer help, tell them they can have all drops and even QM Them if they like. If i'm ignored (99% of the time) I move on, and wish them luck.

you stood in Abyssea watching someone for three and a half hours, seriously?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 12:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts too......
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 12:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

you stood in Abyssea watching someone for three and a half hours, seriously?

No.

I was doing my Magian Ice Staff trial. Killshot with Ice Magic on 150 Arcana.

Was killing the Sentries. After I finished the trial i did a few NMs with a friend, came back to check and it was still alive, then i left.

You guys are smarter than this... Right? :(
[+]
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2011-02-12 12:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, bringing back my Genbu point, I've seen Ls's wait 4 hours for a rdm to solo it.. So it wouldn't surprise me any if you did.
First Page 2