Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » PS3/FF13 Help needed
PS3/FF13 Help needed
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-02-11 22:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just bought Final Fantasy 13 the other day and popped it in today (was finishing off another game I was in middle of). I get to the opening FMV and it starts going into a stuttering fit. I skipped through that and went to the main menu and started a new game. Again more stuttering on the next FMV. Anyone else had this problem and know of a potential solution perhaps? The game was used but it has no scratches and I cleaned it. My PS3 is a first generation (the Fatman as I call it). I gotta be able to watch the FMVs man... that's part of the allure of the game.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 22:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I always read your posts in House's voice. ~.~

As for your problem, sometimes a disc can be damaged without any visible clues.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-02-11 22:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Take it back to store.
2. Replace it.
3. ???
4. Profit.

If that fails then id asume your ps3 is the thing with the problem.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-02-11 22:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Another detail I left out, while in middle of the FMVs, I'd hit the Playstation Button and the FMVs would stop while the XMB menu was up. After I closed the XMB, the FMVs would run smooth for about 5-10 seconds then stutter again. I don't think it's the game itself but the system can't handle the FMVs. Just wondering if perhaps it's a heating issue or the system can't read the disc fast enough. I really don't want to have to click the XMB menu every 5 seconds just to watch the FMVs...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-11 22:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Something is wrong with your PS3 or the disc! It works beautifully on it.
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-02-11 22:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya i'd get a new copy of the game and if that doesnt work i'd get a new ps3. plus a side note: FFXIII is not a very good game. Just get Two Worlds 2 if you want a good rpg.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-02-12 00:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i have the original batch of ps3 that was made, "fatman" as you liked to call it :D

my ff13 disc works perfectly, bought the game when it came out, its more than likely the disc, unless your ps3 is just really busted.

but more than likely the disc~! take it back and get a diff one.

the gameplay itself wasn't so great but the fmvs are amazing! :Q
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2011-02-12 00:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
Ya i'd get a new copy of the game and if that doesnt work i'd get a new ps3. plus a side note: FFXIII is not a very good game. Just get Two Worlds 2 if you want a good rpg.

13 May have been a flop for some, (I myself liked it)but Two Worlds 2? I'm sorry that is at the least just as bad lol.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2011-02-12 01:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember off hand since I haven't played it on over a year but do you have to install software to play FF13 on PS3? If you do, delete the game data (not save files) and reinstall. Had that problem with a game before and re-adding the game data files fixed it. Think it was MGS4 ...

Could also be you need to update your PS3. Newer discs use different bluray versions.