Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Cruor Party Questions
Cruor Party Questions
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 14:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't really sound worthwhile even if it worked. Also the only lights that would effect xp is gold. Also you did have other lights in the form of abyssites.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
getting 630/kill soloing after 20 mobs? I'm sure it would have its uses if we can hammer out a system
Except it wouldn't be per kill. It would be running around making a chain then breaking it. So would really be more like 200-300 a kill. I think I'd much rather just get 600+ per kill and another 3k or so every 5 plus some notes and extra cruor. At least for those 1-2 weeks after they raise the lvl cap that I actually care about xp
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Enygma3 2011-02-13 15:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, we killed 6 glows at start, and 1 carby all azure'd then another glow with pearl. No one left zone, was just 3 of us, our plan was to max lights then start maxing cruor/kill and do that for a few hours to get massive amounts of cruor, and only use keys on cruor or time(if we needed), we were getting time and cruor np maxed for about 30mins, then we stopped getting them at all.

So then we decided to move to fairies and recap time killing the same mob over and over in hopes that lights would stay the same. I killed 3 more glows with azure, and baby yaga with azure, then we got 1 more time, 5mins later we got a small xp chest, at this point i was the only person dding...

Idk what we were doing wrong.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-02-13 15:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally like having 1 camp in middle with 2 pullers and 1 sleeper in nonlinking camps rather than splitting into 2 groups. 2 pullers can keep a monster in front of you always. and everyone focusing full blast on 1 thing at a time causes the monsters to vaporize in 3 seconds. There is no lost time on communication or main assists. Its just back to back 3-10 second kills. Its also idiot proof. You pretty much have to be a moron to break the chain if ur doing it this way.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-13 22:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm inclined to agree with Josiahfk, there could be somethere here we're missing. Last night I was aoe farming Tahrongi, swapping from mob to mob 'cause I couldn't find one I really liked. Each time when I started on a new mob, you could see the exp go 10 11 12 13 14 15, but the cruor was ~300 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 or something.

So I think there is something in that breaking chain theory, but how big does the chain have to be? Is that initial bonus reliant on the size of the chain you break? For instance, maybe Josiahfk got 600exp because he had an absolutely massive chain broken, while I only got 300 cruor because I only had an exp chain of ~20 mobs. It shouldn't take long to test, instead of killing one of each mob, kill two and see what happens, kill three and see what happens. Maybe kill mob A A A B A B A A A etc. So that you build each chain to 3 before breaking it. Just to see how it effects the initial exp/cruor amounts.

If you're going to be farming for hours, simply sticking to the chain you want might be the answer, but if you only have half an hour or so, maybe this is a viable option.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [883 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ummibear
Server: Bismarck
user: Ummibearr
By Bismarck.Ummibear 2013-07-19 11:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Your explanation is fantastic and answered all my questions. Thank you!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-07-19 11:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My answer to cruor parties....join Voidwatch.

Can't beat 10k-20k per kill :D
[+]