Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » What Atmas For Fuath Duo
What Atmas For Fuath Duo
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-09 09:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently this NM is duoable as THF and WHM. Well, what atmas would you recommend for THF, and would you recommend an evasion set, or just normal DD set?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-09 10:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips? ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-02-09 10:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This nm is beyond easy, just use rr+gh+aoa thf/nin (or use dread, replace with gh or aoa, i'd stick w/ rr+gh personally.) evasion/mdt sets work well, with gh on and all further abyssites its really hard to not keep shadows up. spam evis, swap to mdt when casting aga3 -> cast ni after -> whm cure5, repeat. only thing to really worry about is that one blight tp move, but its super easy to evade or absorb w/ shadows.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-09 10:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:
This nm is beyond easy, just use rr+gh+aoa thf/nin (or use dread, replace with gh or aoa, i'd stick w/ rr+gh personally.) evasion/mdt sets work well, with gh on and all further abyssites its really hard to not keep shadows up. spam evis, swap to mdt when casting aga3 -> cast ni after -> whm cure5, repeat. only thing to really worry about is that one blight tp move, but its super easy to evade or absorb w/ shadows.

^

NM is super beyond easy. Doesn't do anything super dangerous... I fought Fuath and the other (Carabosse Colored) NM there so much i forget which one has which abilities...

So i Can't remember entirely but Fuath was like 10x Easier than the Body Seal NM <.< Its really a matter of not a full Aurore Peto-bismal THF.

IF you're not gimp, It'll be easy. Use your normal atmas, RR/GH/Apoc.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-09 11:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

^

NM is super beyond easy. Doesn't do anything super dangerous... I fought Fuath and the other (Carabosse Colored) NM there so much i forget which one has which abilities...

So i Can't remember entirely but Fuath was like 10x Easier than the Body Seal NM <.< Its really a matter of not a full Aurore Peto-bismal THF.

IF you're not gimp, It'll be easy. Use your normal atmas, RR/GH/Apoc.

Well, I don't believe I'm gimp lol. I don't have AoA yet tho. Tried twice to get last night but he just wouldn't give it up. Was Blade: Ei twice in a row...the only WS the group didn't have.

+1 body and legs atm, twilight belt, aethling, capped haste, will prolly use VV RR GH
 Bahamut.Rocha
user: aaron3126
By Bahamut.Rocha 2011-02-09 11:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

wiki doesnt say much about Teuggiah but why is he hard i dont have much experience with pixis
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-02-09 11:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Well, I don't believe I'm gimp lol. I don't have AoA yet tho. Tried twice to get last night but he just wouldn't give it up. Was Blade: Ei twice in a row...the only WS the group didn't have.
Go WAR/RDM with a NIN(w/ GK Skill) and Brew Shin, Go through the Ele WS until you get the message then do the WS or have the NIN do the needed WS. As long as you don't cure him with a WS in the middle of the brew you will do enough damage to kill.

I think other subs will work besides /RDM for Energy Drain but you have RDM leveled so meh.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-09 11:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocha said:

wiki doesnt say much about Teuggiah but why is he hard i dont have much experience with pixis

Teugghia is just annoying. He also does -ga IVs with quite high Magic Attack. Autumn Breeze gives it an undispellable stoneskin and resets hate on it's current target. It also seems to gain Instant Cast while this undispellable stoneskin is on. I actually found Lorelei more annoying than Teugghia lol. Lorelei seemed to take less melee damage and had really weird hate shedding for no apparent reason.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-02-09 12:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's duoable by two BLM/RDMs as well using a few rocks in between the Clionids and the Bugards. I'll post pics of spot later. I used it to duo Fuath, Teugghia, and Lorelei. Sometimes brought a few people in to make it go faster / get yellow proc.

I've never done it for THF/WHM duo so I couldn't tell ya what to use atma wise on THF...
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-02-09 19:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Here it is: I know this thread wasn't specifically for a BLM duo of Fuath/Teugghia/Lorelei, but hopefully it'll help someone somewhere. =x

The Strategy:

Fuath is a world-spawn, so what you do is have one BLM stand by the conflux, and another pull. You have the BLM pull and run to the conflux and conflux the adds + NM. The second BLM waits until Fuath goes passive and then stuns it and starts running it to the rock at (G-8)

After this, you want to have both blms at a different rock, both pictured here:

Your plan is to basically pseudo-pin it around the line(the line isn't in the exact spot to turn it, but it's somewhere around there) but you have to be careful because it's not an actual pin - let it get too close and it will chase your *** down until you can get some distance and re-pin it.

Once one of you has it pinned, the other BLM is free to nuke. The BLM at #2 can tank the NM with the strongest nukes while the BLM at #1 would try for Yellow. This is especially useful on Fuath beacuse of her ability to use Zephyr Arrows whenever hate shifts. Once you figure out if you get yellow or not, BLM #1 nukes until he has hate, he takes it to his rock and then you start taking turns nuking the NM, kiting it back and forth and pseudo-pinning it along your rocks. Repeat until dead. There's a few tricks to Teugghia and Fuath though, when they ready TP moves.

Teugghia: This can be a real pain in the *** sometimes, depending on when it decides to use Autumn Breeze. Autumn Breeze makes it so she gets an instant case, shadows, and a stoneskin effect. How I dealt with it was that the BLM that didn't have hate would diaga once the animation finished(this is because for some reason, if you diaga'd while the animation was still going, the shadows wouldn't be wiped), and then stun it while the blm with hate would run the *** away and around South of the rock for ~30 seconds, until the fast cast wears off. After, the BLM would situate himself at one of the rocks and pseudo-pin, and the fight would continue again. Usually, when I fought this, the BLM that didn't have hate on the NM at the time would enmity douse and try to kill it before it turned.

For Fuath, her little trick is Cyclonic Blight, which is a big aoe move centered on the NM. This move has a range of about 15'. If the person who's being targeted runs to about 16+ away from the NM, the move won't go off and you won't get hit. The fight will continue as normal. Although, if you're duoing it's probably safer to just run the hell away if you see it being readied. With more people, it's harder to effectively outrun it.

That's about it, I think. Good luck to anyone who attempts this. It's a very easy group of NMs once you get the strategy down.
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-02-09 19:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

mad paint skills sir