Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 5802 5803 5804 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-05-22 21:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
It's not necessary, but for aesthetic purposes, one would ideally want to match the matte color of their motherboard with everything else.
Sadly red motherboards are few and far between, and ones that are available to my specifications are nearly $300 lol.
For socket 1155 the gigabyte UD series looks pertty good IMO, has great specs and would save you a fair bit in comparison. Hell I'd also say the G1 Sniper and build your case around black and green. Which is easy just get nvidia cards and use green LED fans over red.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-05-22 21:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wizard costume was a success. I was in the lead for the biggest wizard stick for most the night but then I got really drunk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-05-22 21:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oye. Had to reformat.. reinstalling XI takes forever.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-22 21:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreadnot said: »
Oye. Had to reformat.. reinstalling XI takes forever.
Installing XI takes longer than updating it. :x
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-05-22 21:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yeah. I ment updating XI takes forever. I had it installed in 20 min.s Been updating for 2 hours. and.. 7 hours to go on the timer.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-22 21:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yeah. I ment updating XI takes forever. I had it installed in 20 min.s Been updating for 2 hours. and.. 7 hours to go on the timer.
Oh, well, in that case, you should have downloaded and installed the updates manually! :3
By Jetackuu 2012-05-22 21:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said: »
It's not necessary, but for aesthetic purposes, one would ideally want to match the matte color of their motherboard with everything else.
Sadly red motherboards are few and far between, and ones that are available to my specifications are nearly $300 lol.
For socket 1155 the gigabyte UD series looks pertty good IMO, has great specs and would save you a fair bit in comparison. Hell I'd also say the G1 Sniper and build your case around black and green. Which is easy just get nvidia cards and use green LED fans over red.

I'm definitive going to use the 1155 socket on my next build (if it's not too long from now) it has too many options to pass up.
By Artemicion 2012-05-22 21:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ramuh.Urial said: »

I'm definitive going to use the 1155 socket on my next build (if it's not too long from now) it has too many options to pass up.

Ugh, now I'm even more indecisive than I already was. Luckily I think I narrowed it down to being either Alexander, Nayru or Din. Now it's just a matter of finding the right color-friendly hardware. Also I have my eyes on the Corsair 800D, and possibly using water cooling for a change. What do you guys think?

Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-05-22 21:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Oh, well, in that case, you should have downloaded and installed the updates manually! :3

Link please. I will do that.
By Artemicion 2012-05-22 21:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Link please. I will do that.

PM Krizz if you can. I think he still uploads up to date patches to his server so updating is a thing of the past, or at least finished in a fraction of the time it'd take to get from Playonline.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-22 21:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

wish i had the money to custom build a pc for myself lol
By Irohuro 2012-05-22 21:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.tehkrizz.net
By Jetackuu 2012-05-22 21:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to find a friend who can work 3d modeling, so I can have them design me a case and have it made, I don't like most cases I see, I love side panels, hate air ducts, and front panel covers, also detest hdd bays that are sideways...

miss the cases when side panels first were coming out /nostalgia.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-22 21:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

anyway of getting purple leds?
 Alexander.Drokin
Server: Alexander
user: drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-05-22 21:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Put blue and red together.
By Artemicion 2012-05-22 21:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »

They're hard to find in proprietary form for CCFLs and case fans, but if you were a decent tinkerer, you could purchase your own purple lights and attach them to your own fans or create your own florescent tubing.

Alexander.Drokin said: »
Put blue and red together.

Or that.
 Alexander.Drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-05-22 21:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and my random thought for the day: I hate "phantom" phone notifications. (The ones where you could swear you felt your phone vibrate, or think you heard it, but when you check, there's nothing there.)

Especially right now. :/
By Artemicion 2012-05-22 21:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to find a friend who can work 3d modeling, so I can have them design me a case and have it made, I don't like most cases I see, I love side panels, hate air ducts, and front panel covers, also detest hdd bays that are sideways...

While you're at it, you should get really creative and fix the faulty nature of tower cases in the first place. Motherboards are fixated to the side of cases which is not exactly conducive to exhausting the heat from which it emits. Though laying it down while maintaining a mount and having room for the PSU can be rather troublesome. Good luck on that one.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-22 21:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

was thinking for if and when i et the money to do a black case with purple and teal lights.

if ya can get an idea of the char im going for ;x
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-22 21:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

or get red and white for Gilgamesh
By Jetackuu 2012-05-22 21:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
like this?

with money...
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-05-22 21:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-22 21:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
and that kids is how Cabbits are made
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-05-22 21:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

While you're at it, you should get really creative and fix the faulty nature of tower cases in the first place. Motherboards are fixated to the side of cases which is not exactly conducive to exhausting the heat from which it emits. Though laying it down while maintaining a mount and having room for the PSU can be rather troublesome. Good luck on that one.

for my own personal use: sure, as I don't mind the size, however towers just work better for most, as lay down units take up more space.

I mean you could always lay a tower on it's side...

I need to find a simulator for air flow currents though, to give better air cooling, also using an entire aluminum case for a heat sink would help dissipate the heat better. (since conductivity is better than radiation)
 Alexander.Drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-05-22 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't he be sort of reinventing the wheel here? I mean, when I was younger and CD-ROM drives were new, desktop PCs were always set up like that (where the monitor sat right on top of the case).

Wonder if I can find a picture in case I'm coming off as a crazy old man. D:

They actually did it way before CD-ROM drives, but that was the first thing that came to mind. Dual-floppy drive!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-05-22 21:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

no the actual desktops were a thing for awhile, they typically were harder to work in though, with riser cards and such, and stacked drives. (thinking particularly of these ibm 133 pentium pro's that I had the pleasure of working with when I was learning for the first time.

Had to remove the cd drive, and floppy (I think) to get to the hdd.. and they had a 2gb hdd in them :D
By Artemicion 2012-05-22 22:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you got something that was perfectly efficient in performance and cooling, it'd ultimately create a compromise of sorts in another (and usually more practical) field. I suppose towers are just a friendly medium in practicality and relative efficiency.
 Alexander.Drokin
By Alexander.Drokin 2012-05-22 22:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

no the actual desktops were a thing for awhile, they typically were harder to work in though, with riser cards and such, and stacked drives. (thinking particularly of these ibm 133 pentium pro's that I had the pleasure of working with when I was learning for the first time.

Had to remove the cd drive, and floppy (I think) to get to the hdd.. and they had a 2gb hdd in them :D

My family's first "modern" PC had an 8GB HDD and ran on an AMD 333 processor. 64MB of memory, if I remember right.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-05-22 22:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

arte where are ya getting ya components at btw?
By Jetackuu 2012-05-22 22:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember the exact specs of my mother's first pc, it was a pos compaq, my first was a 66mhz pos (after a powerpc mac) then used a 233mhz p2, then a 450mhz amd (my friend gave me) then a 900mhz amd (fried it trying to flash the bios to upgrade the video card to play xi) then went to a 850mhz p3, then my next one I built: 2.26ghz p4, upgraded hdd, ram, psu, and I used it until I got my laptop.
First Page 2 3 ... 5802 5803 5804 ... 22712 22713 22714