Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 5404 5405 5406 ... 22716 22717 22718
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-04-17 09:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-17 09:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-04-17 10:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone else hear the opening of "Stuck with You" (Huey Lewis and the News) every time someone does Blade:Shun? :\
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-04-17 11:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My husband bought me two new books in my favorite genre, but he says I can't read them until I finish Dune by Frank Herbert. *sob*

Yes, yes, Dune is very nice, I'm almost three chapters in and not interested yet, now HAND OVER THAT TRASHY ANNE RICE NOVEL!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-04-17 11:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
My husband bought me two new books in my favorite genre, but he says I can't read them until I finish Dune by Frank Herbert. *sob*

Yes, yes, Dune is very nice, I'm almost three chapters in and not interested yet, now HAND OVER THAT TRASHY ANNE RICE NOVEL!
Needs moar Sting.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-17 11:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Needs moar Sting.
The books you really want... :P
Probably not really unless you are into Fantasy XD
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-04-17 11:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm into female protagonists who can take care of themselves and don't rely on their silly boyfriend to make it through. Extra points if they get themselves into impossibly dangerous situations and then get themselves out of it all on their own. Double extra points if they save their boyfriend when he gets himself into some impossible mess! :D Kick-*** female protagonists are my guilty pleasure, I'm afraid.

All points immediately lost if their boyfriend ever has to come save them. Not allowed, ladies!

Er, and Anne Rice, and vampire/werewolf/mythological nonsense (with the exception of Twilight, sorry Meyer), and magic. Guilty pleasures, all of it!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-04-17 12:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest to you...

The Wheel of Time series! Women are the only people allowed to utilize the True Source, and they have a highly revered society centered around that and politics. In fact, in the first book, it's a woman that saves a legion of men.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-04-17 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm into female protagonists who can take care of themselves and don't rely on their silly boyfriend to make it through. Extra points if they get themselves into impossibly dangerous situations and then get themselves out of it all on their own. Double extra points if they save their boyfriend when he gets himself into some impossible mess! :D Kick-*** female protagonists are my guilty pleasure, I'm afraid.

All points immediately lost if their boyfriend ever has to come save them. Not allowed, ladies!

I'm a fan of such protagonists too, however, it's become such a popular trend, that it's not uncommon to see writers spoil the whole thing by essentially "trying too hard."
When it becomes blatantly obvious you're just making a kickass female lead without any remote probability of realism or humanity whatsoever, then it becomes bland and stupid in my opinion.

I want a strong woman. Not Superwoman.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-04-17 12:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds awesome, Mag! :D I'm going to write that down so I can remember it the next time my husband sets me loose in Hastings. :D
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-04-17 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! You're gonna love it. The first book is called The Eye of the World. Mind you, there's still a male protagonist, but the importance in the book is divided equally between men and women. Men in the series are irrational, and women are wise.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-04-17 12:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am the hero Gotham deserves.
I am the hero Gotham needs.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-04-17 12:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

I am the hero Gotham deserves.
I am the hero Gotham needs.

What's this? A challenger?
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-17 12:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, and Anne Rice, and vampire/werewolf/mythological nonsense (with the exception of Twilight, sorry Meyer), and magic. Guilty pleasures, all of it!
Well the female characters are pritty strong in the series but they do get help from the men from time to time, they have the odd weak moment but under the condions I think it is considered acceptable. There is no single protagonist so can't really label it as having a female one, has it's fair share of female characters though.

There is a good ammount of magic too although the lore (theres lots of it) seems to have been built from the ground up rather then using real world base so not sure if it hits your mythological requirement.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-04-17 12:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-04-17 12:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »

[+]
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-04-17 12:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

Well the female characters are pritty strong in the series but they do get help from the men from time to time, they have the odd weak moment but under the condions I think it is considered acceptable. There is no single protagonist so can't really label it as having a female one, has it's fair share of female characters though.

There is a good ammount of magic too although the lore (theres lots of it) seems to have been built from the ground up rather then using real world base so not sure if it hits your mythological requirement.

It sounds good! Not putting men down in order to build women up is always good, so a mixture of both would be perfectly peachy.
By volkom 2012-04-17 12:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yoruichi is my favorite female protaganist
By Artemicion 2012-04-17 12:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
yoruichi is my favorite female protaganist

[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-17 12:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

It sounds good! Not putting men down in order to build women up is always good, so a mixture of both would be perfectly peachy.
Found the prolouges for the first and third books (the second has spoilers) if you want to check them out. The first book was kinda slow to develop but from the second one on I've been kinda hooked... just don't let kids near them because they are on the mature side.

Book1
Book3
[+]
VIP
By alyria 2012-04-17 13:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok someone help me with this math puzzle.

missing data bit

? 7 4 8 9 0
3 5 0 2 6 7
1 2 4 6 2 3

what does the question mark represent?
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2012-04-17 13:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2012-04-17 13:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the top numbers (bar the 9 for some reason) are the sum of the two numbers below it. My best guess for now.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2012-04-17 13:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Power supply finally came in today! Woot!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-17 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said: »
All of the top numbers (bar the 9 for some reason) are the sum of the two numbers below it. My best guess for now.

the 9 is 7+3 =0 carry the 1
VIP
By alyria 2012-04-17 13:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

that was my 1st instinct, was 4
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-17 13:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said: »
The 9 would be the 1 from the 10 at the end carrying over, so its and upside down equation, flip it and you get
+350267
--------

Edit: and beaten
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-04-17 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking through my photobucket and other accounts I never use to find an old drawing a friend made me....lost forever q-q
 Bismarck.Elderberry
By Bismarck.Elderberry 2012-04-17 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

can I use that grape looking one? :x so cute
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-04-17 13:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are borders on these .gifs. I think Haseyo/big nose had something to do with them.
Go ahead take <.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5404 5405 5406 ... 22716 22717 22718