Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22673 22674 22675 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-08 11:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess what happens when people get "free" money?

They do nothing and keep collecting the free money.

How do I know? Because I more or less did that. I collected free money when I quit my job and received unemployment. Sure I was looking for work, but I wasnt looking for any 25/hr week minimum wage job when I was collecting that amount in unemployment.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-08 11:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Guess what happens when people get "free" money?

They do nothing and keep collecting the free money.

How do I know? Because I more or less did that. I collected free money when I quit my job and received unemployment. Sure I was looking for work, but I wasnt looking for any 25/hr week minimum wage job when I was collecting that amount in unemployment.

Stop using empirical evidence to comment on this concept. You're only allowed to use theoretical, perfect world simulations for how it would work.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-08 11:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry
UBI is amazing, everyone should have it. Daddy Govy should print out more and more money for us so we can have basic income to do whatever want. Govern us harder daddy, they know whats best for us. Daddy Govy would never lie to us.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "free money", it's free basic needs meeting.

So that you don't have to slave yourself out, to exist. The things you need to simply exist, shouldn't cost money. No one chooses to be born, you don't get to opt out of birth. But you have to pay to live.

That shits a scam.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-08 12:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not "free money", it's free basic needs meeting.

So that you don't have to slave yourself out, to exist. The things you need to simply exist, shouldn't cost money.

Yeah, other people have to slave out so you can exist then.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They already do. The money is just misappropriated.

Quote:
In its most recent audit, the Pentagon was able to account for just half of its $3.8 trillion in assets (including equipment, facilities, etc). That means $1.9 trillion is unaccounted for
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-08 12:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You always say things like this. What makes you think that more government will solve this issue?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't. Because humans run government.

The point is, it doesn't have to be this way. It's just the way humans make it.

Things are inherently corrupt and you can see no other way because it is human nature to corrupt everything.
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In its most recent audit, the Pentagon was able to account for just half of its $3.8 trillion in assets (including equipment, facilities, etc). That means $1.9 trillion is unaccounted for

That money isn't anywhere close to paying for 345m people's basic needs though. See math above.

The things you need to simply exist, shouldn't cost money.

Should? So who will generate food, products and houses for millions and billion people to exist if nobody wants to work? Lol.

The problem isn't if we should or shouldn't, but we can't.
You aren't being realistic at all.

(I know you are going to say let AI do the work, unfortunately our robotics technology isn't there either. I have never seen a house built entirely using AI. Get real)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-08-08 12:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We could all go back to before Eiryl's hated capitalism and we're all farmers that basically just subsist. We'd have to turn around birthrates in all major developed countries though, cause your family is going to need 8-10 children to run the farm. Lol.
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
We could all go back to before Eiryl's hated capitalism society

I doubt Eiryl actually have a real idea on how economy works, as none of the theory was backed up by any evidence, but quickly debunked with simple math.

But it's okay, it's always easy to find a scapegoat to blame in the society. In this case: capitalism.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-08 12:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Should? So who will generate food, products and houses for millions and billion people to exist if nobody wants to work? Lol.

Try to imagine a world without communism or capitalism, and you'll see why people imagine things like Star Trek

We cant just be given replicators right now by a superior alien race because our current societies would just hide it away and charge the rest of the planet for the resources they create with them etc and use it purely for profit and exploit. Because that is how society functions currently.

Since greed is the current common denominator. We need to grow as a civilization past that point before we can have these kinds of true basic human rights for all, so our time can be put towards more than just slaving away to exist.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't get any evidence it will work, because we know it won't work.

Because humans can't make it work. It works, Humans are the problem, in everything. Anything that has ever existed has been altered from it's intent, for more profit or for fame or power or some other self interest. And it always will.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2024-08-08 12:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
We cant just be given replicators right now by a superior alien race because our current societies would just hide it away and charge the rest of the planet for the resources they create with them etc and use it purely for profit and exploit. Because that is how society functions currently.

Since greed is the current common denominator. We need to grow as a civilization past that point before we can have these kinds of true basic human rights for all, so our time can be put towards more than just slaving away to exist.

Saw that episode of the Orville too eh?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to imagine a world without communism or capitalism, and you'll see why people imagine things like Star Trek

Someone watched The Orville, and yes, it was summed up correctly. It is factually accurate.
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't imagine things that has never been proven to work in the history. It's a waste of time.

Maybe after 200 years when a house can be built entirely with robots, and food and every products in the world can be made with only robots, then UBI had a chance(I don't know) to work.

And even then it is a big question mark.

Since our robotic technology is nowhere close yet. Arguing about that is a waste of time at this stage anyways.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The arguments ARE going to happen. The sooner we get past the ***, the sooner it can happen.
(It won't be our lifetime)
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's idealist's role to dream.

It's realist's role to tell them WAKE UP!
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The sooner we get past the ***, the sooner it can happen.

And why does it needs to happen, lol.

You tell me. Convince me.

Let's say if one day I can wake up and receive free $2500 per month, what's the benefit?

The benefit is that I don't need to work for money? What if I tell you that I love working? What if I tell you that I love working and I don't like paying tax?

What makes your ideal world objectively better than current world? If I already love current world very much, and don't hate it nearly as much as you do?

Idk, you tell me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If humans aren't forced to work to survive, they can be creative and live a "happy" life instead.

They'll be "inspired" to create out of passion, not out of necessity.

This is common sense. Your entire identity is based around how and who you work for. The first thing you do in an introduction is say what is that you do for money.

Who could you be if broken from that enslavement. The potential, is limitless, human mind can be so creative, when it's allowed to be.

Not 100% of them, obviously, and not immediately.
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If humans aren't forced to work to survive, they can be creative and live a "happy" life instead.

This is common sense. Your entire identity is based around how and who you work for. The first thing you do in an introduction is say what is that you do for money.

Who could you be if broken from that enslavement.

What if I tell you that I find happiness and creativity in work, because needing to survive and compete makes me a better worker?

What if I tell you that a large amount of my creativity at work came from tons of hardwork because I feel I need that to survive? And I enjoyed it for that matter?

What if I tell you that I only work for myself and my passion, and my identity is based on the work that I choose for myself?

Your "common sense" makes no sense to me because it contradicts my life experience in every aspect. And yet you are acting as if your ideology is the ideal for everybody lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Your lived experience is all you know because it's all you've ever known.

Literal text book closemindedness.
By Afania 2024-08-08 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Your lived experience is all you know because it's all you've ever known.

Literal text book closemindedness.

It's equally closemindedness if you think YOUR worldview applies to everyone.

There people who hates work, sure.

But there are people who love it and experienced personal growth from it.

Your closemindedness is forcing everyone to accept your pov and disregard other people's different opinion on this matter.

If you want to argue emotions, I can do the same and reject your ideology with emotions too.

If you want to argue reasons and evidence, so far you haven't provide any.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 12:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And with UBI you CAN work, if you want to, and don't if you don't want to.

You can literally do what makes YOU happy. If that's work you have the choice, to do it. You can be a worker bee if you so choose.
By Afania 2024-08-08 13:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

And with UBI you CAN work, if you want to, and don't if you don't want to.

You can literally do what makes YOU happy. If that's work you have the choice, to do it. You can be a worker bee if you so choose.

But a VERY large amount of money will be taken away by the government, which lessons the satisfaction from personal growth.

Like I said, I have np with free money every month.

The problem is someone has to pay for it, and that money is huge with current robotic technology. which kills the whole incentive to work hard.

You can also do what you want in current society. I am literally typing on FFXIAH for hours and not being productive atm. Current society doesn't turn me into a slave that works all day.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 13:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything we have right now is predicated on fear.

Fear of losing your healthcare. Fear of losing your house. Fear of starvation. Fear of "others" taking from you.

Optimally, things should be predicated on choice. The only choice you have right now is work or die.
(unless you won the birth lottery, of course)
By Afania 2024-08-08 13:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The only choice you have right now is work or die.

What about those who retired at 35-40? Come on. Plenty of people can live without work through passive income in current society. You just need to plan early and work for that goal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-08-08 13:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people win capitalism, 99.9999% don't.

It is a winnable game. (It requires a lot of work, to get there, physical, or mental(Or extreme luck)(Or insider trading))
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-08 13:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Who could you be if broken from that enslavement.

What if I tell you that I find happiness and creativity in work, because needing to survive and compete makes me a better worker?

What if I tell you that a large amount of my creativity at work came from tons of hardwork because I feel I need that to survive? And I enjoyed it for that matter?

What if I tell you that I only work for myself and my passion, and my identity is based on the work that I choose for myself?

Your "common sense" makes no sense to me because it contradicts my life experience in every aspect. And yet you are acting as if your ideology is the ideal for everybody lol.
This sentiment of "I need to be a better worker, or else I will be homeless" is great for a profit based system like your country currently has. But the only reason you state it's also good for you because you can't imagine any alternative being better currently.

"Go to work today, or you will lose your home" is not how you make happier people. it's how you make more efficient workers for a more profitable business.

But baby step wise theoretically, try to imagine a life where your basic needs are met and you work to improve the life for you and your family. Capitalism and communism still run the world, but you can put in effort to give your kids more and give yourself and your family a better life than the bare minimums.

And before you say this is impossible. it already exists rudimentarily. We have plenty of reserves in Canada where you can stay on the reserve and collect money from the government and have a home and necessities given to you because Canada took the land from your people and it's owed to your people etc. But people still make the active decision to leave the reserve where their income and free homes and basic needs are met, to earn more for themselves and their families and pursue careers and education around the world. Not because they will die or be homeless if they don't. Because they have the ambition to earn more than the free minimums they and their kids are given.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-08-08 13:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Saw that episode of the Orville too eh?
I've never seen the show, but have seen people talk about clips and the screenplay enough to agree with the sentiment conveyed yeah lol
First Page 2 3 ... 22673 22674 22675 ... 22706 22707 22708