Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22663 22664 22665 ... 22700 22701 22702
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-28 12:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
The issues people care about are privacy and ownership which have nothing to do with how the operating system runs.

Microsoft is certainly not blameless and definitely has a lot of big brother issues, but not liking the company for its business strategy doesn't really answer the question of whether or not the product itself is any good.
I think it's unfair to claim that this does not relate to the product. Any telemetry has inherent overhead, your CPU is working to handle that telemetry. Hopefully it's optimized enough that it doesn't matter in practice, and that seems to be the case (every controlled test I've seen put Windows 10 within a couple % of Windows 11 performance-wise).

But, more importantly, it's part of the product. Since the average consumer cannot remove all of the telemetry, and doesn't even know the exact extent of how much is there.. it informs a decision on the OS. If I sell you an amazing shower head, but it has a built in digital camera and LTE module to upload pics of your wife, is it still an amazing shower head? You could argue that a consumer can remove those components, but you can also fairly observe that most consumers aren't able to do so without risking damage to the device.

There's a good deal of dislike for new OS coming from fear or dislike of change. But, there's also legitimate reason to distrust a fresh OS because historically every major OS release has come with numerous fresh bugs. These usually get ironed out over a year or two, and that's the point at which you can start to make an argument that the new OS is objectively superior to the old. I think it is fair to say Windows 11 is past that point now, but the sentiment tends to outlive the reality.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-28 19:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FF13 ch9 was such a drag.

So many battle that takes around 3 to 4 minutes.

That wasnt the worst though. The worst is fighting to barely any reward: my characters had already unlocked all they bonus and had loads points just sitting there.

Only way to improve my party was by upgrading gear but this system cost money what still is hard to come by and makes me wait till I get get better gear to improve.

So, fighting boring fights for no reward for 1h.

The story part was also pretty weak, just seeing the group rushing through a weird flying fortress.

Worst chapter so far.

(Dysley even killed the hot milf Jihl. I wish she comes back, she is the hottest milf in game so fa )
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-28 21:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Found another thing about 11 I don't like, screenshots.

On 10 you just hit print screen, it takes the pic. 11 you have to pick full screen, window, section, video. An entire extra pointless step.

Have to google how to set a default fullscreen and remove the step, when i get annoyed enough to look.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-07-28 22:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up gang.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-29 02:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who use W11. Also you who use W10. And even you who is still sticking with WXP (yes, it still exists).

Just remember that youre forced to migrate to W11 2025 august 25.

Just shut your mouth and do it.

Why do you think youre paying? To have free will?

O sweet summer child
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-29 02:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
What's up gang.

Sup.

Got out of the prison already?
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-29 06:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Found another thing about 11 I don't like, screenshots.

On 10 you just hit print screen, it takes the pic. 11 you have to pick full screen, window, section, video. An entire extra pointless step.

Have to google how to set a default fullscreen and remove the step, when i get annoyed enough to look.

I always use snipping tool for screenshot personally, so I don't need to open another program to crop it.

Win 11's snipping tool/print screen is better than 10 imo. It also saves automatically, which is nice.

Have 1 button to call my favorite snipping tool feels convenient imo.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-29 09:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up gang.
OS wars.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-29 09:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, i need to vent some

Usual stuff, bad communication stuff hurting workers (me).

But that annoys me more because the main problem is that important information is being passed to only a few colleagues, leaving the rest to figure by themselves whats up.

Not just that is annoying by itswlf, but its worse for me because the information was given to the supposed class representative, and that went to the others via whatssap thats not the corporative tool for communication. I didnt feel like joining an unofficial social media related to work, so i ended getting the information later than my colleagues, and having my opportunities reduced.

The representatives are DEI, so its also frustrating feeling left out by the same people who were supposed to be the most inclusive
By Pantafernando 2024-07-29 09:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vent over.

Take some funny dog gif

By Pantafernando 2024-07-29 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Venting here reallyy helps

Thanks FFXIAH for this

You guys deserve a cup of water.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-07-29 11:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
What's up gang.

Sup.

Got out of the prison already?

Let me out early for being a good boi.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-29 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So you either spend 100$ to get ultimate bunny or grind for her in the first descendent.

I started that grind and already 3/4 blueprints outside of the matts. Might be done by the weekend.

way more fun then sortie...
By Pantafernando 2024-07-29 18:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The grinding in FF13 isnt balanced at all.

At certain points Im capped, the next cutscene they expand the limits for like 2x or 3x everything I had so far.

That incentivizes me to simply skip the foes in current level to reach the endgame earlier. Because there is no way I will grind the amount required for noticeable boost with only the mobs on my level.

Better waiting the better foes that also can give more money. Till then, I suppose its a matter or running away from fights and watching cutscenes.

The story already slowed down a lot by this point (ch10). As most mystery is solved and the guys are reunited finally, there isnt more the internal discords. Now is simply a group trying to achieve a single goal, kinda giving up their individualities that made the first half of the game that interesting.

Now they all seems like a plot device
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-29 21:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I did the meme already.

But I'm doing it again. First episode of the new season today.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-30 02:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who are unhappy with your high paid job.

Quoting the other guy: "Money cant buy happiness, but poverty cant buy anything!"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard Question to answer

Anyone watch any of the newer Star Trek shows, are they any good?

Discovery?
Lower Decks?
Prodigy?
Strange New Worlds?

As an objective liker of TNG DS9 Voyager Picard etc (the Orville)

They keep putting out more, unlike Enterprise which was pretty whack.
By Drayco 2024-07-30 12:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You liked Picard? You liked how they took all the characters and just absolutely ***all over their personalities and traits?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Objectively, I didn't dislike it.

The only one I don't like is Enterprise. Which is the general consensus.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-07-30 12:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, my first watch through I couldn't get over how none of the characters behaved anyway like they did in TNG. Even accounting for years of experiences between shows, they were all just different people. Picard was the most egregious.

If you removed all the memberberries from Picard and just put new characters in... It would have worked great. The story isn't bad, but I just couldn't help but feeling like the writers hated TNG.

I even watched them all a second time after hearing everybody say how good season 3 was. Felt the same way and couldn't understand S3's hype, besides all the original actors being in it. The only character I felt acted the way the original would have acted was Lore.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mostly the memberberries that get the people riled up. The whole cast. The ship. Ro coming back. Just like No way home, just like deadpool and wolverine, just like multiverse of madness. So much fanservice.

It wasn't "bad" it just wasn't "good". A phrase I've used a LOT in 2023-2024 so far.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-07-30 13:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the new shows have been any good, imo.

Complete retconning of previously beloved, strong characters into man-children has-beens relying on memories to keep people engaged while constantly told they suck and are too old to be worthwhile to anyone.

Guess I don't have to watch that drivel then if they are so old and worthless.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-30 14:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard Question to answer

Discovery?
Lower Decks?
Prodigy?
Strange New Worlds?

I really enjoyed Voyager but never got into any older or newer treks, last few years have been mostly HBO shows like dragontales etc with the wife
By Viciouss 2024-07-30 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard Question to answer

Discovery?
Lower Decks?
Prodigy?
Strange New Worlds?

From what I have heard, SNW has a good cast led by Anson Mount, who was amazing in Hell on Wheels. His character got introduced in Discovery in what was probably the only decent season of that show.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-30 16:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Guess I don't have to watch that drivel then if they are so old and worthless.
Its ALL drivel. Not just Star Trek.
By Josiahafk 2024-07-30 16:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wife is addicted to the new local Brazilian restaurant chain that opened up and I had never heard of this drink before but really liked it.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-30 16:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That soda is Guga's favorite drink too

Brazilian lemonade by all accounts is also incredibly good.
(It's limeade though)
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-30 17:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fogo is the ***. So good, I could eat that bread all day
By Pantafernando 2024-07-30 18:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Brazilian lemonade