Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22661 22662 22663 ... 22700 22701 22702
By Afania 2024-07-27 08:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
do you force your dog to drink when it doesn't want to? Has it had kidney failure and blood clots? If not aren't you worried about your cherished pet?

Allow me to share one scientific fact:

Close to 20% of old cat died because of kidney failure, by comparison only 7% of old dogs died because of kidney failure.

One of the reason why dogs suffer from kidney failure less than cats is because they drink more water than cats. Kidney failure is a very common health problem for old cats.

There it debunked your false belief that "animals don't die to kidney failure because they drink enough water on their own!"

Comparing different kind of animals directly is unscientific anyways, as different animals have different behavior thus it affects their health condition differently.

If you don't like mega corp, then don't buy bottled water. But drink more water anyways.

If you try to preach people "drink more water" is propaganda, then provide scientific evidence. Link them.

Otherwise it's troll bait at most.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-27 08:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kidney stones are mainly diet related, much less hydration (unless chronic). Kidney failure is also more related to diet and the resulting high blood pressure that comes from that.

Also there is a health risk from drinking from plastic bottles too, due to the microplastics and other chemicals that leech into the water. So what are you actually gaining.

I don't mind people drinking more water if they want, my annoyance about this in general is that this is a manufactured need that companies like Nestle have instilled into people over the years using fear.

You can say you don't drink expensive bottled water and bring your own, but most people do and it's a very lucrative industry now when it wasn't before.
By Afania 2024-07-27 08:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind people drinking more water if they want, my annoyance about this in general is that this is a manufactured need that companies like Nestle have instilled into people over the years using fear.

It is not, most of the "drink more water" statements came from health industry research papers.

Mega corp could use them to sell products, but that doesn't mean those scientific papers are false. Whether science is true or false is not related to how mega corps do their advertising.

Again, if you think it's false, present the evidence. Because to me you are jumping to conclusions without evidence AGAIN.

Quote:
You can say you don't drink expensive bottled water and bring your own, but most people do and it's a very lucrative industry now when it wasn't before.

It's their choice to waste money, and that shouldn't change scientific evidence. Just because people like to waste money on bottled water, it shouldn't change healthcare professional's opinions that more water reduces the risk of kidney failure.

Kidney stones are mainly diet related, much less hydration (unless chronic). Kidney failure is also more related to diet and the resulting high blood pressure that comes from that.

There are multiple cause. High sodium/sugar is one of them, the lack of water makes it worse.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 09:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, tap water is pretty gross. That water comes through 100(+) year old pipes. Usually visible ***floating in it. It's seemingly quite difficult to find quality city water.

It's of no surprise that manufactured water is so popular.

An unlimited list of water purifiers are out there too.
By Afania 2024-07-27 09:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, tap water is pretty gross. That water comes through 100(+) year old pipes. Usually visible ***floating in it. It's seemingly quite difficult to find quality city water.

It's of no surprise that manufactured water is so popular.

We have water filtration system at home and we boil it after they are filtered. That fixed most of the problem.

I am not a fan of drinking tap water personally.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 09:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's inconvenient, and convenience is the selling point.

I basically guarantee everyone who can see this, their water filters need to be replaced (in fridge, ice, undersink) and they have no idea. Your air filters too, car and house.
By Viciouss 2024-07-27 09:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not a doctor, you have no idea what you are talking about. Which is always true.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-27 09:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither are you and you brought it up.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-27 09:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Viciouss 2024-07-27 09:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither are you and you brought it up.

Except I didn't pretend to diagnose the problem. Which is all you are doing, you are pretending. My coworker had to have surgery because she had a kidney stone from not drinking enough water. You can't dispute this, so stop pretending to.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-27 09:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I always like to think the difference between humans and non-intelligent animals is how close or far from behaviourism they act.

Without memory and processing of data, animals cant make decisions for time +1, +2 ahead: they can only react to the input they receive and thats it.
Animals have memories. Even ones as simple as Planarian worms.

Quote:
Humans can think ahead, and they can make decisions that maybe can make not sense in short time, but will eventually pay off with interest in the future.
Squirrels and ants can do that.

Quote:
Thats one reason that made human in the top of food chain: by not simply reacting to what the body says
We are not at the top of the food chain except locally. If you disagree talk to a polar bear or a boa constrictor.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-27 09:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
My coworker had to have surgery because she had a kidney stone from not drinking enough water.
Your[her] doctor is still not qualified to say this part without an extensive evaluation of diet and behavior patterns. Kidney stones are caused by a ratio of minerals to urine, which means they require either or both of insufficient water and excess minerals. If they did that extensive evaluation, I doubt they gave it to you, so you're just making a deferral to authority argument to back up an irrelevant anecdote because you don't like Radial.

Personally, I drink well water that's been through an air injection iron filter and a basic activated charcoal fridge filter. Probably still has some residuals, but at least it's not full of microplastics and there's no leftover estrogen byproducts like city water. Tastes better, too.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-27 09:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a fascinating article last year, that skim milk is the most thirst quenching drink we can consume, even moreso than water and 11 other beverages in the study due to the fat and sugar plus electrolytes content keeping you satiated for a longer amount of time and reducing how much of it you lose to urination as well.

Quote:
According to a study by researchers at Scotland’s St. Andrews University, however, those water bottles should be milk bottles.

The scientists’ study suggests water isn’t the best beverage for a body in need of hydration. The team studied the effects of 13 common beverages when consumed in the euhydrated state (neither dehydrated or hyperhydrated).

Researchers recruited 72 healthy, physically active men ages 18-35 and divided them into three groups. During the study, each participant drank still water (Highland Spring) and three of the following beverages that were randomly picked for them: cola (Coca-Cola), diet cola (Diet Coke), sports drink (Powerade), oral rehydration solution (Dioralyte), orange juice (Tesco Everyday Value), Lager beer (Carling), hot black coffee (Nescafe Original), hot black tea (PG tips), cold black tea (PG tips), full fat milk (3.6% fa) or skim milk (0.1% fat).

By tracking the men’s urine output after each beverage, the scientists could assign a beverage hydration index, or BHI, to each drink.

The St. Andrews team found that beverages with a little sugar, fat or protein did a better job than water of keeping the men hydrated.

Skim milk — which has a little fat, some protein, the sugar lactose and some sodium— did the best job of hydrating the participants. The sodium in milk "acts like a sponge and holds onto water in the body and results in less urine produced," CNN wrote.

Fruit juices and colas had higher hydration in first four hours, however, don’t hydrate as well-long term because of their high concentrations of sugar, the researchers found. When that sugar enters the small intestine, water is pulled from the body to dilute it. That results in dehydration.

The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-27 09:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
It is not, most of the "drink more water" statements came from health industry research papers.
The original study said that we should have the equivalent of eight glasses of water a day. People including doctors and advertisers almost instantly forgot the equivalent part. We get a lot of our hydration needs from food.

Personally I never drink water. They would kick me out of the W. C. Fields fan club if I did.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-27 09:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
We are not at the top of the food chain except locally. If you disagree talk to a polar bear or a boa constrictor.
You might not be, but anyone carrying one of those explosion-sticks you hate so much is pretty well above both. The ability to innovate and use tools has given even the more feeble humans the ability to sit at the top of the food chain.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 10:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you disagree talk to a polar bear or a boa constrictor.

I called a bear friend of mine, asking if agree with you.

He told me to drink water
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-27 10:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The original study said that we should have the equivalent of eight glasses of water a day. People including doctors and advertisers almost instantly forgot the equivalent part. We get a lot of our hydration needs from food.

Harvard says differently.

Quote:
For healthy individuals, the average daily water for men is about 15.5 cups and for women about 11.5 cups. That might mean you need only four to six cups of plain water, depending on other fluid sources such as coffee, tea, juice, fruits, and vegetables.

Personally, I'd rather believe in Harvard. Going to washroom 3-4 times a day isn't the end of the world compare to kidney problems, lol. People saying they live perfectly fine without water is like smokers bragged about having healthy lungs after 50 years of smoking. Probably doesn't apply to everyone.

(Further more, I don't live healthy lifestyle anyways, that means I pretty much need every other "don't do this" box checked for balance)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 12:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, subject change. Windows 11 sucks ***.

WHY do you have to click "other options" to copy or paste on EVERY right click, the UI is Abhorrent.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-27 12:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesnt know about ctrl+c and ctrl+v lol
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 12:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he only has one hand, thus making easier to copy paste by mouse than using the keyboard.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 12:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Setting up a new pc copying a trillion files over from old to new

Turns out theres a simple fix to revert the right click, it's just really stupid that it's not the default.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 12:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you kick dogs, make fun of disabled people, whats next?

Leaving ***unflushed inn public bathroom?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 12:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Steal candy from babies, too
By Kaffy 2024-07-27 12:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

At least for me, there is a copy icon instead of the word copy on the right click menu.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, we dont accept people with less than 3 digits in posting count.

Please come back when you at least meet this criterua
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-27 12:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Harvard says differently.

Quote:
For healthy individuals, the average daily water for men is about 15.5 cups and for women about 11.5 cups. That might mean you need only four to six cups of plain water, depending on other fluid sources such as coffee, tea, juice, fruits, and vegetables.
Cups and glasses are both slippery measures. Both should be 8 fl oz. In common usage cups can be 4, 6 or 8 fl oz. Glasses are usually 8 fl oz but can be 10, 12 or even 16.

I would hope that to Harvard they are both 8.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-27 12:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Sorry, we dont accept people with less than 3 digits in posting count.

Please come back when you at least meet this criterua
Not a great way to accumulate new shitposters.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 12:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ma dear,

Its not because a woman could want to get married that she will accept any crook out there, any dirty old man, any fat incel, any FFXIAH user out there.

Sometimes even failure is the best option
By Kaffy 2024-07-27 13:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been particularly attached to a forum name to accumulate a large post count, and am mostly a lurker anyway. It bothered me at first too not seeing stuff in Win 11 menus though so I figured I might not be the only one who overlooked the icons that replaced them.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 15:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think ive ever realized just how big a difference newer chipsets on with simple volume.

Previous board I had volume set at 20, same setting on new board it's *** deafening.
First Page 2 3 ... 22661 22662 22663 ... 22700 22701 22702