Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22639 22640 22641 ... 22643 22644 22645
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-06 07:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-06 09:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I somehow get a little bit proud when the teacher try to explain a 3 dimension plot of a function with 2 variables using metaphors, but I feel like I dont need it because I kinda remember that from university.

And I always felt like I was the dumbest student there, because my grades were pretty poor in the many calculus subjects.

But if I can still remember bits of theory I learned more than a decade ago and never touched again, maybe I wasnt that shitty student I always consider I was
By Pantafernando 2024-07-06 14:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Congratulations England!

Well, it was a close call
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-06 15:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kien, the most-delayed video game in history, released after 22 years

The makers of Italian action game have endured the longest development journey in history. Their game is now finally out – on the long-discontinued Game Boy Advance
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-06 15:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the guy wrote the game during his coffee breaks.
By Wordspoken 2024-07-06 15:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What next? Half-life 3?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-06 19:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For a second I thought the Scadutree Avatar was just gonna keep coming back to life without some key item lmao
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-07-06 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we have a literal hurricane bearing down on us. It's freakin' July. Earliest Cat 4 to ever hit Texas. Hopefully people don't lose power because this state cannot get the lights back on for weeks at a time.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-06 20:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For a second I thought the Scadutree Avatar was just gonna keep coming back to life without some key item lmao

"Wow this was pretty easy...wheres my loot?? aw gdi"
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-07 02:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I guess we have a literal hurricane bearing down on us. It's freakin' July. Earliest Cat 4 to ever hit Texas.

Hopefully people don't lose power because this state cannot get the lights back on for weeks at a time.
oh my sweet sweet summer child
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-07 03:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who woke up late this sunday.

Well God took the seventh day to rest, after creating the world.

So it is fair sleeping a little more on sundays
By Pantafernando 2024-07-07 03:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sunday news: Lily Allen starts her OnlyFans.

It is her feet OnlyFans.

Expected to earn 1M per year.

Well, humankind never ceases to disappoint me. At least demand pics of her butt....
By Draylo 2024-07-07 06:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The Beverly hills cop was enjoyable. Glad when old school movies have success in come backs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-07 06:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I started to read a supposely random manga (Mahou Shoujo Site), the story is quite average too (traumatized children receiving random powers and doing shits while being targeted by an evil organization).

But somehow, in a blink of the eye, Im already at vol7.

I suppose the storytelling must be quite good. Never a dull moment, never a meaningless chapter, always something incrementally being told toward an objective.

Yeah, you dont need to reinvent the wheel to have success. You only need to use technique and competence
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-07 08:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 15'd Excalibur i though it would do 25k KOTR unbuffed lol oh boy its really not that good huh? Should have done almace instead?
By Pantafernando 2024-07-07 08:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Rank 15'd Excalibur i though it would do 25k KOTR unbuffed lol oh boy its really not that good huh? Should have done almace instead?

Long time no see.

Thought you were arrested. Or abducted by aliens. Or kidnapped by the mafia.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-07 09:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Reached Promised Consort today...

I might need to go back for Tiche. He is relentless. And phase 2 only kicked it up a notch!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-07 09:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I guess we have a literal hurricane bearing down on us. It's freakin' July. Earliest Cat 4 to ever hit Texas. Hopefully people don't lose power because this state cannot get the lights back on for weeks at a time.
Calm down. Its going to hit as a cat 1. With lots of rain.

Don't worry though. Texas can't deal with rain either.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-07 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I might need to go back for Tiche. He is relentless. And phase 2 only kicked it up a notch!
This calls for a live stream
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-07 09:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There are several Relic Weapons which have seen a lot of positive talk in the recent years after a lot of avoidance for almost a decade prior...but us talking big on them aren't doing so because they suddenly are #1 among the RMEAP weapons....its that with modern mechanics inserting Weaponskill Walls more commonly, having an "acceptable" option as a secondary DD in a setup can be a massive advantage.

Examples of this that arise- Excal for both PLD and RDM has great moments like Hard Mode Aminon for the PLD, allowing the COR to ride Naegling Savage without competition; Mandau BRD or RDM in piercing situations, letting the DNC or THF enjoy the proper big boy Dagger WSs- again, neither is the strongest option of their class for the jobs mentioned, but they allow the stronger DD paired with them to fully function without competition and still let the mentioned jobs contribute.

FFXI is truly never about only doing what parses the strongest and ignoring anything else. Its much more about finding setups that allow a group to get the most out of what's available, and sometimes that's not about just jumping to what looks the best on the parse...and there will be times when you having a strong #2 is a better asset than just having the expected #1.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-07 09:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

There are several Relic Weapons which have seen a lot of positive talk in the recent years after a lot of avoidance for almost a decade prior...but us talking big on them aren't doing so because they suddenly are #1 among the RMEAP weapons....its that with modern mechanics inserting Weaponskill Walls more commonly, having an "acceptable" option as a secondary DD in a setup can be a massive advantage.

Examples of this that arise- Excal for both PLD and RDM has great moments like Hard Mode Aminon for the PLD, allowing the COR to ride Naegling Savage without competition; Mandau BRD or RDM in piercing situations, letting the DNC or THF enjoy the proper big boy Dagger WSs- again, neither is the strongest option of their class for the jobs mentioned, but they allow the stronger DD paired with them to fully function without competition and still let the mentioned jobs contribute.

FFXI is truly never about only doing what parses the strongest and ignoring anything else. Its much more about finding setups that allow a group to get the most out of what's available, and sometimes that's not about just jumping to what looks the best on the parse...and there will be times when you having a strong #2 is a better asset than just having the expected #1.

ok so its not a bad idea to keep it until i start doing aminon
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-07-07 10:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

they're functional. they even bring unique benefits to odd situations. Definitely keep anything you put that much work into, and hell- even if 3 years from now you find yourself forcing it into a situation to feel better, oh well^^

All I'd say is a) its ok that it won't be your primary weapon til the end of your days in Vana'diel; and b) if we're talking Excal for PLD, I'd still argue its a better call than an Almace :P Empy 1h sword is in many opinions a complete waste these days because all it does is damage, so who cares when there are non-RMEA choices that actually equal its damage for 1/10th the cost? Enjoy the fruits of your labors, appreciate the limits of it and the nature of FFXI being a collector game more than a pathway game. Its not a journey to just one weapon/gearset combo for endgame like some games are- its a game of resources and collecting various things for various situations.

....truth is most PLDs I know make their Burtgang and are so happy with it they only give it up when absolutely forced to due to the situation. You're not there for the damage.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-07 10:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if Im buying poor quality "gaming" chairs, but this one here took me a 7 months before the coating started to rip.

It wasnt expensive but not terribly cheap either. I was expecting 1 or even 2 years life but less than one is horrible.

The chair is confortable to sit, but those cracks starts to irritate the skin. Plus, once it opens, its not long before the material get out.

Debating if I should look for another char, or maybe put another coat over it. Probably a new coating can make the char last for over a year at least. But at this rate, it will be unusable before 2025
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-07 10:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

This calls for a live stream
Actually got chores and things to do, so I've backed off to farm and think on approaches.

Farming craftables, chiefly Runes for Bolt making. Gonna traipse around SoTE areas and see if I can get more than 16/8 on my Scadu/Spirit Ash KIs. Probably finish up Ranni sidequest and some others and see if any inspiration follows.

I've only done about 30 minutes of attempts, and I could probably beat him as is, if I really learned him. But I'm done with learning. I just wanna use tools and win, Edgar Roni Figaro style.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-07 10:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, after skimming the Coursera course on ML, I guess this is why Coursera is better than Udemy: its time for a practice lab! (Udemy only send you a little above Youtube quality courses without any real evaluation).

Gonna need to write a linear regression for the first task.

Its not the first time I do a Coursera course. Last time it really gave me chills every time I had to deliver an assigment task. Those used to take a lot of time to do it, though it was mostly due to me being new to python.

Now its python again, but I hope im more used to it
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-07 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

But I don't have all my flasks or upgrades for that either. Gotta get serious mode.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-07-07 11:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

But I don't have all my flasks or upgrades for that either. Gotta get serious mode.
Oh definitely
I made a backup save file just before the boss because I wanted to experiment with different builds & strats

I wanted to try 99 vigor & endurance with a heavy shield to see if I can tank the boss without having to learn it, while using a thrust weapon (to attack while the shield is up) or colossal weapon with shield counters

But I found myself getting close to killing him with the dual GKs I just switched to, so I just rolled with what I had lol

Then tried something and it worked really fast (obviously at that point I had already defeated the boss once so I had learned most of the fight). Not gonna say what it is in case that ruins some of the fun for you
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-07 11:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
The Beverly hills cop was enjoyable. Glad when old school movies have success in come backs.
Did you see that new movie about the foster children crisis thing in possum bottom or w/e? Wife wants to go
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-07 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I dont know if Im buying poor quality "gaming" chairs, but this one here took me a 7 months before the coating started to rip.

It wasnt expensive but not terribly cheap either. I was expecting 1 or even 2 years life but less than one is horrible.
I had that problem too. My current chair has lasted two years so far.

It didn't cost me near that much, must have been on sale. The seat "cushion" is like a rock but an auxiliary cushion is WAY CHEAPER than a new chair every 9 - 12 months.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-07 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I dont know if Im buying poor quality "gaming" chairs

Not sure how it is in your local area, but in many places for the price of a gaming chair you can often get used office furniture. I paid $180 for a steelcase think that survived 2 1200 mile moves and 8 years of heavy daily use. Far more comfortable than any gaming chair, too.

Look for Herman Miller Aeron, Steelcase Think/Leap, and similar. They cost $1000+ new, but frequently available for under 200 used and they are almost all steel parts and very reliable.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22639 22640 22641 ... 22643 22644 22645