Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22624 22625 22626 ... 22628 22629 22630
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 13:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno
I dont even use Tiktok because of its repeated ties to chinese spyware

Also cause im a grown adult
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-14 14:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Weibo is just Chinese Twitter, innit?

It is closer to blog. However it is a closed platform due to the difficulty of getting an account as non-Chinese, it is pretty much an echo chamber anyways.

You won't see that much "not-mainstream" opinions on Chinese social media.

That's kind of a opposite situation from Twitter, which is full of people (or bot/alt account) with political intent posting.
By Viciouss 2024-06-14 14:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Let me just quote this so you cant delete it
Viciouss said: »
Yep, that looks fake as hell too. That's the great thing about Twitter, one random dude can just post whatever they want, put whatever made up spin on something they want, and call it real. Even if its not.

There we go.
So I guess the official video posted on the GDC youtube channel is fake too. Just skip to the 25 minute mark for the very fake AI edited clip that is hosted on the GDC channel.

Why would I delete a factual post? Just lol. Thanks for posting the video that shattered his fake narrative. That's the fun thing about conspiracy theorists, they like to deceptively edit clips so they fit their conspiracy. You're angry white boy cut the clip right before she said "I say that as a joke out loud." Of course he can't post that, it destroys his narrative.

But that's what makes Twitter so great, no one is going to hold him accountable. And if they try to, he will just delete their posts. Fortunately, you took care of him. Great job.

Also, you might want to stop following that guy, he is angry, he is white, he is British, and he needs to get outside a lot more.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 14:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes
The ol “its just a joke”, as effective as “its just a prank, bro”
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-14 14:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

he is angry, he is white, he is British, and he needs to get outside a lot more.

So being white, British, or spending a lot of time inside makes your opinion less worth hearing? What kind of shareblue *** is this, 2/3 of those are out of his control and the last is borderline irrelevant.

Being angry is a typical response to something you don't like, so it's also irrelevant without context.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-14 14:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You're angry white boy cut the clip right before she said

Your
[+]
By Draylo 2024-06-14 14:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate how acceptable it's become to be racist only towards one group of ppl.
By Zehira 2024-06-14 15:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Every FFXI vet is constantly angry until SE does something like a new expansion.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 15:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does being at the gym count as outside? In the context presented, im presuming “inside” means being in mommys basement.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-14 15:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
What about 2?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

“People who are anti-woke are racist pieces of ***and their opinions are irrelevant, they think they have a voice because Elon bought Twitter and lets them spew their rhetoric”

Hows Star Wars: Acolyte doing again? Guess its the anti-woke racist people that are the reason its dogshit. Same with Dr Who, right?
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-14 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
or spending a lot of time inside makes your opinion less worth hearing?

It depends. The thing is that for people with limited life experience, when they comment on things that they have never experience for real, some of the comments may ended up being only partially correct. Because the knowledge came from random internet articles that cherry pick what information to include.

If you have real life experience on what you comment on, then you are more likely to digest information from every angle before forming your own opinions. Hence the opinions are less of a surface level conclusion.

I am not saying everyone should learn fluent Japanese and live in Japan for years before commenting on anything about Japan. But I think it would be wise to at least not make statement that sounds like universal fact if knowledge only came from internet articles not real ones.

And I do think that going outside and talking to different groups give people wider and deeper pov on many topics because of the reason above.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-14 15:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alls I knows is, y'all all need to work on your spontaneous and random posting.

We need some RAWR XD up in here.

And maybe some blackjack and hookers. The Hookers are for Chanti and they're male.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 15:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Still wondering where J-Hesi is.

And maybe some blackjack and hookers. The Hookers are for Chanti and they're male.

Are these connected or?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-14 16:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Any anti-woke post has a high chance to gain traffic atm, it is entirely possible that people randomly post fake ***for traffic just to put fuel in the fire.
POSSIBLE??? Known tactic.

At least once per week some politician is called out for reposting or retweeting some absolutely false shitpost. Sometimes its even from s clearly labeled parody site.

Pretty much. Its censored though. Not for false BS but for political sensitivity. And the CCP is quire sensitive.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-14 16:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Assuming you're referring to:

Also, you might want to stop following that guy, he is angry, he is white, he is British, and he needs to get outside a lot more.

Which um...I don't think that's racist? In context it means something like: "You shouldn't go asking a White man what it's like to feel the lack of non-White representation in media"? Which um...yeah. Growing up as a honky I can assure you that I didn't have problems finding role models on TV, books, movies, comic books, in positions of leadership, etc.

I also wouldn't ask me for my nuanced take about how a lack of diversity is affecting the viewpoints at C-suites...because um...I didn't grow up with the non-White man perspective...I'd definitely say my race is relevant in that discussion, and telling me that I don't understand what it's like to grow up as a Black/Indian/Native woman in the US isn't racist?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-14 16:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The paragraph didn't say you shouldn't trust his opinion on DEI, it didn't even attempt to contextualize or limit the scope of the comment. It said what you quoted, and I don't see how that's anything other than racist. Again, why would being white, British, or needing to get outside more[which is really just a coded insult], preclude someone from being worth following?

Afania said: »
It depends. The thing is that for people with limited life experience, when they comment on things that they have never experience for real, some of the comments may ended up being only partially correct.
Viciouss said not to follow him, surely he is able to fairly comment on some of the topics he covers, even if he has literally never stepped outside.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-14 16:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I could easily have misinterpreted some of the comments being made here, but that was my takeaway from it.

I don't know anything about what other content this hateful idiot posts on Twitter, but if he's posting about how angry he is about DEI, I would point out that the fact that he's White and British are pretty relevant to "don't take advice from this guy about DEI". I'm not going to go into a deep-dive on his account to figure out whether or not he provides valid criticisms about CPU fans, I (personally) would stop following the guy who posts *** he knows nothing about, and would point out the reasons that he has very little standing to talk about underrepresentation in American and Japanese media, as a British White guy.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 16:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only people I follow on Twitter are my RL friends, some people I played XI with, Roberto Luongo and Randy Orton.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-14 16:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Video: “Machisms that she agrees”

“(…) she agrees with man who opens the door and let her in first”

Well, i got more surprised that there are women that consider this courtesy as a machism.

“(..) she agrees with man who do the barbecue, who wash the dishes, who make repair at home, who kill bugs, who pay the bill”

Me:…
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-14 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Randy Orton
hell yesssss
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 17:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

WHAT ITS CALLED WEIBO LOL
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-14 17:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Randy Orton
hell yesssss
I followed him for this banger and he hasnt posted anything good since
https://x.com/RandyOrton/status/1761951463499026655

I feel cheated.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-14 17:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

wait for it
By Draylo 2024-06-14 18:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2024-06-14 18:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ready for Dawntrail! Probably will be a hrothgal for a bit but end up back as an angry potato eventually. Can't wait to see my friendlist active again. Also hi.

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-14 18:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The DT launch trailer is up on the DT site.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/dawntrail/media/

Also a cast of characters. If you consider official pre release stuff spoilers the site is full of them.

Question: is there any lore on the 2 headed mamool ja?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-14 19:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Question: is there any lore on the 2 headed mamool ja?
Galool?

OOPS Gulool

Wiki says "The double-headed "Autarch" of Mamook."
By Wordspoken 2024-06-14 19:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

am drunk, halp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-14 19:31:29