Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22551 22552 22553 ... 22583 22584 22585
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-22 23:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't actually know healing w/ Lunge broke the dmg cap like that
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-22 23:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I put about 5 hours into DD2. The pawn system is really cool and I like the world so far, lots of exploration and the combat is fairly engaging, although things can go south fast. The pawns seem really useful and somewhat intelligent when you pass them instructions.

It seems promising, but the UI seems straight out of 2008 and the tutorial sections disappear so quickly, it's difficult to make sense of some of the mechanics. I'm obviously not super far in but my concern over hating the early parts of the game are kinda mitigated for now, it's been engaging so far and not excessively difficult.

The performance in cities definitely slows down but it isn't unplayable. It's considerably better than BG3 was in Act III upon release, it's just kinda shitty to have frame rate drops with a high end system. I hear it's worse on consoles, which is just unacceptable. I have crashed twice, which is less by about 7 at this point when BG3 was out and 2 compared to Helldivers.

I nearly refunded due to the microtransactions alone. Some of them are abysmally stupid but almost all of it you can get in-game, so it just seems kindof lazy. I get why people are review bombing it due to this and the performance, but the game actually seems decent. The real test is if I can make it to the point you start fighting bigger, more difficult mobs
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-23 00:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Was a first for us too. Besides Barrage, any other interesting 99999+ caps broken?

I've seen DRK break the 10k hp mark.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-23 03:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when you can open FFXIAH and check what ppl are shouting for but now u cant coz of all the PLVL Spam?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-23 06:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At some times in my life, I feel that I dangerously went too far.

Somehow I managed to come back, but once you pass certain pain, the struggle is constant for every new game you start getting fond of.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-23 08:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

Was a first for us too. Besides Barrage, any other interesting 99999+ caps broken?

I've seen DRK break the 10k hp mark.

Could you technically push a multi-hit weaponskill that far while dual wielding or something? Same premise as Barrage? Probably not, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-23 08:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll still display 99999

It has to be broken to do/show higher. Hotshot was for a while but that's it (maybe flaming arrow but never saw one)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-23 11:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dawntrail June 28th. Was going to be the 22nd like the others but Yoshida wants to play Shadow of the Erdtree lmao

"I'll give you one week for elden ring dlc"

Also mentioned changing gameplay mechanics to make things more emergent and variable, "1.5x rewards" to make the subscription feel more worthwhile "you have been paying the same sub for so long and we want to give back" (Fujito could never, inflation andies in shambles)
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-03-23 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it, I want that Dawntrail collector's edition, but without the shitty statue.
Ark as the CE mount is 10/10, Chocobo Brush instead of one of Zidane's weapons for Viper is 0/10. (y'A')y
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-23 12:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-23 14:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Damn it, I want that Dawntrail collector's edition, but without the shitty statue.
Ark as the CE mount is 10/10, Chocobo Brush instead of one of Zidane's weapons for Viper is 0/10. (y'A')y
You can buy the digital CE and a CE box ...
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-03-23 15:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But the CE box still has the ***quality statue jacking up the price. I just want the cloth map, journal, and pen case to go with my 1.0 cloth map and metal flask. :<
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-23 16:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also mentioned changing gameplay mechanics to make things more emergent and variable
Is this the part where he basically said the gameplay was too easy? I read an article about that, sounds fantastic. Good for them.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-23 16:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Also mentioned changing gameplay mechanics to make things more emergent and variable
Is this the part where he basically said the gameplay was too easy? I read an article about that, sounds fantastic. Good for them.

Pretty much, also that even at the top end where things get hard they've been doing a lot of the same things so they're going to try to reimagine their development philosophy on fight design going forward. The idea is that they don't want to stagnate for the next 10 years of XIV, they want to evolve as an MMO.

It honestly sounds and feels like they've been given extra budget. He mentioned that small scale and large scale (like PotD and Eureka) content will be developed in parallel for Dawntrail so that there aren't big gaps in content whereas before they could only do one or the other.

But the CE box still has the ***quality statue jacking up the price. I just want the cloth map, journal, and pen case to go with my 1.0 cloth map and metal flask. :<

Guess you could always try to resell the statue after the fact. I'm sure there's someone out there who wants it (for some reason) but none of the other tat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-23 17:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

they're going to try to reimagine their development philosophy on fight design going forward.
This makes me excited and I dont even play.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-03-23 17:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, also that even at the top end where things get hard they've been doing a lot of the same things so they're going to try to reimagine their development philosophy on fight design going forward. The idea is that they don't want to stagnate for the next 10 years of XIV, they want to evolve as an MMO.

It honestly sounds and feels like they've been given extra budget. He mentioned that small scale and large scale (like PotD and Eureka) content will be developed in parallel for Dawntrail so that there aren't big gaps in content whereas before they could only do one or the other.

Wish 14 nothing but the best, but I probably won't ever go back. Could never find a FC that could both avoid drama and keep things tight-knit. Keep making money though.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-23 17:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

they're going to try to reimagine their development philosophy on fight design going forward.

I hope it's awesome, but something tells me it won't be. Any serious change from the current 1/2/3 rotation spam or burst-every-2-minutes-around-boss-mechanics encounter design would be too risky, and even Yoshi-P doesn't have the balls.

Does anyone remember the non-stop bitching from the XIV players with 0 XI experience when they got to Eureka? Mechanically, it was far more enjoyable and interesting than anything they've done since, but the casuals couldn't handle XP loss or true sight aggro.

Also, being able to completely disrespect 99% of every one of XIV's open zones makes them feel dead and pointless. There's 0 challenging content outside of Savage/Unreal.

I'm gonna end my rant here out of respect for the thread, but I could *** about XIV for at least a couple pages.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-23 18:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez there's still 7ish million subs active for wow and it's never fallen below 4 million.

Quite interesting.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-23 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Wish 14 nothing but the best, but I probably won't ever go back. Could never find a FC that could both avoid drama and keep things tight-knit. Keep making money though.
No drama in my FC but I must asl what do you mean by tight knit? Main reason for no drama I think is because we hardly talk and don't raid.
By Draylo 2024-03-23 18:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

I hope it's awesome, but something tells me it won't be. Any serious change from the current 1/2/3 rotation spam or burst-every-2-minutes-around-boss-mechanics encounter design would be too risky, and even Yoshi-P doesn't have the balls.

Does anyone remember the non-stop bitching from the XIV players with 0 XI experience when they got to Eureka? Mechanically, it was far more enjoyable and interesting than anything they've done since, but the casuals couldn't handle XP loss or true sight aggro.

Also, being able to completely disrespect 99% of every one of XIV's open zones makes them feel dead and pointless. There's 0 challenging content outside of Savage/Unreal.

I'm gonna end my rant here out of respect for the thread, but I could *** about XIV for at least a couple pages.

Gear swapping being added, look forward to it! lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-23 19:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Jeez there's still 7ish million subs active for wow and it's never fallen below 4 million.

Quite interesting.
The new Battle Royale thing is pretty cool.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-03-23 20:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It turns out I bought a game that is controller onry.

I have never used a controller, or had a gaming platform either. These might be related.

Whats a decent controller that's easy on the hands and can be used on a PC. Seeing as how I play on a PC, wireless is no advantage.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-23 20:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the duality of Sylvie...

*Gets blinded*

"Oh I'll Blindna that."

*Gets blinded a few moments later"

"MUST INDI PRECISION!!!!!!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-23 21:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never used a controller, or had a gaming platform either. These might be related.

Whats a decent controller that's easy on the hands and can be used on a PC. Seeing as how I play on a PC, wireless is no advantage.
Ok, in my experience N64 and Dreamcasts were my favorite, but you cant lose with a good ole Playstation controller

EDIT: I cant say anything about the quality of 3rd party makers. I use a sony ps4 wireless controller to play THPS on PC
By Viciouss 2024-03-23 21:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say at your age a Playstation 4 controller would be your absolute best option.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-23 21:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-suily-Joystick-RetroPie-Emulators/dp/B07M7SYX11/
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-23 21:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Negan, come back and flex on me by duoing poxhounds with me :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-23 21:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Negan, come back and flex on me by duoing poxhounds with me :P
Checking crysta...
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-23 21:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

69 Crysta, nice.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-23 21:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Partial to Xbox One Elite controllers, drivers already exist in Windows and it's super easy to connect via bluetooth settings. Wired version of xbox controllers work fine as well.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-23 21:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Lag-fueled double post.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22551 22552 22553 ... 22583 22584 22585