Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22535 22536 22537 ... 22700 22701 22702
By Viciouss 2024-02-15 11:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that Xmen trailer...reminded me that it's a cartoon. Not an anime.
By Afania 2024-02-15 13:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
30 years of animation improvements and it looks worse than the OG.

Does it? I looked at the video, the OG looks like it is cel animation with wiggly lines(which I find it hard to tolerate these days tbh) with flat lighting.

The new one looks 3D or partially 3D, so character animation with rotation looks more smooth to me.

If I look at everything as a whole, including the use or lighting, cinematography, animation etc, not just one pose from a static image, I honesly don't feel the new one looks worse.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-15 13:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Does it?
Yes, it does.

Rogue looks *** terrible. (not unhot or unsexy or whatever incel ***, just legit terribad)

They all look worse https://thecosmiccircus.com/xmen-97-character-designs/ They look flat and halfassed. Low effort from underpaid animators.
By Shichishito 2024-02-15 14:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The big improvements in animation of the past decades were focused on cutting costs by moving to 3D or vector based animation. We are long past the golden age of 2D animation.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-02-15 19:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fug. This FFVII x FFVII "crossover" actually has me hook, line, and sinker. Tour guide Tifa, "it's not a phase, grandpa" Red, and hints that the second part might have a Yuffie costume. M-my wallet is moving on it's own... >_>; <_<;

By Draylo 2024-02-15 19:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that wasn't the original wolverine at first.. jeeze he changed
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-15 19:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

He got old man. That gruff is hard on the chords.
By Afania 2024-02-15 20:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it?
Yes, it does.

Rogue looks *** terrible. (not unhot or unsexy or whatever incel ***, just legit terribad)

They all look worse https://thecosmiccircus.com/xmen-97-character-designs/ They look flat and halfassed. Low effort from underpaid animators.

If it is art style or design that you don't like, that is unrelated to animation techology or animators tbh.

In terms of character designs, the one one the right in the link imo has better pose and more appealing female looks. I think it is color saturation and contrast that you don't like since they have less contrast overall. Which is just a design decision really.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-15 20:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a decision, yes, to put less effort into it for the cash grab.

It's not a different style, it's just visibly lower effort. Less definition, less facial features, less shading, and all AI pixel smoothing.

Different would be Xmen evolution. Not better, not worse, not comparable. Different.

This is just wish/temu Xmen animated series. WehaveXmenathome.meme If you like it that's fine, but call it what it is. A flat downgrade.

"It's just a different style"
By Afania 2024-02-15 21:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a decision, yes, to put less effort into it for the cash grab.

It's not a different style, it's just visibly lower effort.

Low effort, like the brick wall here from the OG?

(0:28 and 0:29 in the new trailer has bricks in the background for detail level comparsion)

Shichishito said: »
The big improvements in animation of the past decades were focused on cutting costs by moving to 3D or vector based animation. We are long past the golden age of 2D animation.

That is some serious nostalgia goggles right there lol. I even re-checked on the old version from the 90s, which has all the cel animation flaws visible: static cameras and background, wiggly lines, character rotations in action scenes looks off-model etc. And the background doesn't have high quality, see the SS above.

I find it tough to understand all the 90s era obsession tbh....
By Pantafernando 2024-02-16 02:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Less effort on production, higher effort for butts
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-02-16 03:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

which has all the cel animation flaws visible: static cameras and background, wiggly lines, character rotations in action scenes looks off-model etc.
3D isn't without it's flaws either, often you get static line quality. Sometimes they try to compensate this with filters or shaders applied to the outlines but it doesn't look natural. Sometimes you can even catch the geometry corners of the 3D models, especially in lower budget productions.

Then the overuse of movement without purpose. Does a camera have to be mounted to a helicopter blade in order to shoot a compelling scene?

More frames doesn't automatically equate to better animation either. FFXI for instance looks weird with high framerate and the WS animations loose weight and impact.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-16 12:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it tough to understand your obsession with being contrarian about this.

The new cartoon is not being faithful to the original, it has a worse style, and has radically altered several of the characters already. (look at how they massacred Storm's hair)

It isn't giving any greater care to its background objects or things like that either. Even if it was, the concern should be the characters, and they are all maimed.

Didn't even give Rogue the southern accent that she has in the original.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-16 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

brah is insane
YouTube Video Placeholder

servers will crash D4 will die.
IT ALSO REFRENCES ALOT OF CRONO TRIGGER
By Viciouss 2024-02-16 14:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
I find it tough to understand your obsession with being contrarian about this.

The new cartoon is not being faithful to the original, it has a worse style, and has radically altered several of the characters already. (look at how they massacred Storm's hair)

It isn't giving any greater care to its background objects or things like that either. Even if it was, the concern should be the characters, and they are all maimed.

Didn't even give Rogue the southern accent that she has in the original.

Probably pushing a little too hard. Gotta remember the original show was designed to bring long running comic book characters to life. It combined all of the biggest arcs into one episodic mess of awesome. Days of Future Past, House of M, Age of Apocalypse, Weapon X, etc. And the characters were designed to closely resemble their comic book counterparts, with one exception. Rogue was given Ms. Marvels powers to make her a more compelling character. Which essentially created a lifelong misconception of her actual abilities.

This season is going to do the same thing. Follow a major comic book storyline using up to date character models, with Rogue being the glaring exception once again. She hasn't had those powers in over 30 years. As for Storm, she had had that hair for at least 10 years. She had it in the Nintendo Switch game Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. So that's not a big deal.

As for the animation and voice acting, we will just have to see. It's been 30 years, they tried to bring the same people back, but obviously there will be new ones. That trailer could have been cut six months ago, the show could be very different when it comes out.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-16 14:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
D4 will die

Already has
By Pantafernando 2024-02-16 16:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Back from vacation, i had so much work in 2 days that im already relieved i will be soon moving out.

May is when they expect me to start.

Gonna be rushed till then, with people trying to suck till my last drop of blood before i leave
By Draylo 2024-02-16 18:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheerios giving cancer, is anything safe anymore
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 19:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Never was. Im confident literally everything will give us cancer. So many chemicals.

(Not that chemicals are inherently bad, but they're overused and cheaper than real flavor and substance)
[+]
By Wordspoken 2024-02-16 20:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

huh. listened more or less randomly to latest stuff from hikaru utada. Feels like rediscovering the wheel, since I've know since day 1 that she's awesome. Why haven't I kept up to her latest stuff again? like, this is the kind of stuff I like to listen.

for reference
By Pantafernando 2024-02-16 21:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Never was. Im confident literally everything will give us cancer. So many chemicals.

(Not that chemicals are inherently bad, but they're overused and cheaper than real flavor and substance)

Meh

Statically, the more you live, the more chance any organ can start failing.

Human body wasnt developed based in redundancy. It cant afford any organ to critically fail. So, a persona has like hundreds of single point failure, so much that in a sense, its a miracle human can live, let alone outlive many species.

Personally i dont overestimate the concept of control. There is only so much control we can have in our lives. Basically people live and die by chance. Maybe an entire life of commitment to some supposed standard of life can only amount to a fraction of chance to extend some organ life expectancy. But then, you could simply die for another cancer/unexpected disease in another organ. Or simply die due a tragedy. Or simply you die long before that focused organ has its life expectancy to end.

I always think silly how many articles pop everywhere nowaday, people throwing some extremelly hard to prove trying to in a sense crtiticize some supposed “wrong” standard. Tomorrow someone will bring another article doing a 180 degree turn of the previous one.

Thats not to say everything must be refused, but surely that not everything must be believed.

And by the end of day, dont believe you have fully control of your life. Chances are, you only control the most irrelevant aspects of it. Everything else is already dictated by a logical conclusion of a life, again, that no person have control, or simply result of chance.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 21:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that every superhero movie is worse than the last this last year. Not just worse, but holy ***, drastically worse.

Worst thing ever until the next one lul.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-02-16 23:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
huh. listened more or less randomly to latest stuff from hikaru utada. Feels like rediscovering the wheel, since I've know since day 1 that she's awesome. Why haven't I kept up to her latest stuff again? like, this is the kind of stuff I like to listen.

for reference
Been watching "Fumetsu no anata e" anime, and hearing Utada sing the opening was a pleasant surprise
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-17 04:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that every superhero movie is worse than the last this last year. Not just worse, but holy ***, drastically worse.

Worst thing ever until the next one lul.

Did everyone enjoy madame web
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-17 07:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

guys am having so much fun with TACTICS OGRE REBORN IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!! BUT ITS ALSO HARD AS FFFFFFFFFFFF compared to FF TACTICS
iv only played the game boy advance version years ago
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-17 12:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

MAN SIR LEONAR IS THE ***!!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-17 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No mater what anyone thinks of recent cartoons animation will never sink to the apaling low of Hanna-Barbera's Flintstones.

Or so I hope.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-17 13:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
No mater what anyone thinks of recent cartoons animation will never sink to the apaling low of Hanna-Barbera's Flintstones.

Or so I hope.

You take that back- Betty Rubble was HAWT.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-17 13:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Hanna Barbera cartoons go... I gotta admit for me best waifu is Daphne Blake. (Velma is cute too, but I'm just bein' honest. Plus Velma being extra sexy is more of a modern take, what with the uber hot live action version and then nerd-dom entering the popular mainstream. Go search Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkley. I guaran-cotton-pickin'-tee that Velma's will return more suggestive results sooner).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22535 22536 22537 ... 22700 22701 22702