Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22494 22495 22496 ... 22709 22710 22711
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-11 19:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my first Sortie today. I have no idea what I'm doing lol, so I only got 2251 galli.

Guess it'll take me about 4 or so more days to get enough for the Prime to finish TVR.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-11 20:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
I done did it! I got every Empyrean WS unlocked!

*** you Devious Dice!

Now just need to quest Dimidiation and Exudation. Even though I never intend to seriously play GEO. And only mildly think, "Yeah, I guess I might play Rune if I had to play tank."

Animation and sound for Myrkr is like ASMR.

Last to get was Dagan. Didn't use it. Yet. I guess. Idk, should I try sneaking in some Ambu groups as WHM? I do have a Daybreak (and all the weapons from Lilith).

Also my brain kind of wants to remerit merited WSes and just put 1 merit in all of them, just to have'em.
Thank god for bahamut economy because doing that on some servers right now made me just move everyone to asura lol

and for the latter, I succumbed to the same quirk so I can't judge lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-12 06:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the price on Devious Dice is ludicrous.

I actually farmed about half my dice myself, and I only bought them when I saw them for 40k or less.

Though I succumbed to temptation when I only had 59 more dice to go, bought about 47 of them for like 42k out of a person's bazaar and then the last 12 out of someone else's for 60k.

This one Taru in Port Jeuno mart keeps listing them at like 120k per die, and that's just super dumb.

Like, looking around at bazaars on Bahamut, I'm not sure if people are just trying to play/scam the lazy or if they're listing stack prices and expect you to talk to them
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-12 10:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
This one Taru in Port Jeuno mart keeps listing them at like 120k per die, and that's just super dumb.
That's insane. I certainly don't remember paying that much when I was trying to unlock a couple weapon skills. Now I'm wondering if I should get into the business of selling them.

Or maybe you're right that they think they're selling a full stack at that price. How devious XD
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-12 10:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the Bazaars of Bahamut make me miss being on Odin.

On Odin the Bazaars were mostly in Upper Jeuno with some leak into Lower. Also a healthy amount of them near AH in East Adoulin.

Prices were much lower too, on most things, and I actually got a few people to drop their prices for me by talking to them.
By mhomho 2023-11-12 12:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

All I wanna know is, who is Jimmy and who is his daughter? One week most popular viewed LS: FreeJimmysDaughter. Next week? ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-11-12 14:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was browsing through Twitch yesterday and found someone trying out FFXI for the first time. He's a XIV player, and he admitted that the only reason why he didn't try FFXI out originally was because "why would I play the older one when there's a newer one". But he quickly realized just how different the two were, and now he's even ranting that Square-Enix needs to add a joint subscription or at least promote the game more.

"I could see so many people trying this out for shits and giggles, and then realizing that they even like it more than XIV. I think I still prefer XIV myself, but this game is so different and I can so easily why people love it."

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-11-12 16:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao. Trying to clear very hard difficulty Shiva on Ever Crisis to unlock Diamond Dust. Keep getting her to ~5% and losing. Forget to take Ifrit one time and somehow that's the time I manage to win.
By Pantafernando 2023-11-12 18:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why you consciously choose the suffering?

Just do Extremelly Very Easy.

The history is written by the winners, in the ending
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-12 18:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
All I wanna know is, who is Jimmy and who is his daughter? One week most popular viewed LS: FreeJimmysDaughter. Next week? ***.

It's an inside joke from like 5 years ago. All day people would shout about jimmy's daughter.

Someone probably said something dumb and idiots glommed onto it for a long *** time
By Draylo 2023-11-12 21:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-13 11:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

After FFRK, i promised to never again play mobile gacha games, mas now, in respect to NieR series, Im feeling compelled to sub on NieR Reincarnation...

I already watched the season 1. I also watched the gameplay and I didnt feel particularlt attracted to play it. Its a turn based RPG, but im kinda done with turn based games
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-13 14:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My gym closed with no notice to the clients. Got there and there was a fat eviction notice from the landlord about lack of payment on their lease.

gg
By Pantafernando 2023-11-13 16:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we have a major gym franchise that has lower than average price, and most small to medium gyms went bankrupt.

Nowaday, kinda there is only 2 types of gyms: the high class, thats place in rich neighborhood, costs a lot, and have the richest people, and the rest.
By Pantafernando 2023-11-13 16:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
One of the worst things ever is being pressured by a dozen to fix a problem, but that problem is like contradicting everything you believe, and internet doesnt give any relevant hint about what’s happening

Finally solved my IT problem after a lot of sweat and blood.

Microsoft technical support was the garbagest thing ever. I have my ticket open for 3 weeks already, and the most i got was three attendants asking me shitz, then simply vanishing.

I suppose we lost our premium support, still we are an enterprise costumer. We deserve at least someone who respects SLAs.

The problem was simply checking a box in a configuration normally not discussed in the deployment made.

My luck is that after dizens of different searches, i found one suggestion that basically nailed my problem. Otherwise, i could well be suffering for more a month to comr
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-13 17:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that sure was a lot of dark black blood. Might be time for the emergency room
By Pantafernando 2023-11-13 17:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you ok, my lad?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-11-13 19:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Well that sure was a lot of dark black blood. Might be time for the emergency room
/comfort
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-14 09:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

YaY the thing everyone knows and doesn't care about
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-14 09:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhc-qGAldw
Apparently if you make more than 32k a year, you are in the global 1%

So it's a pretty easy barrier to exploit the other 99% for humanity sadly in this globalized day and age
By Pantafernando 2023-11-14 14:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

But can you live a good life with only 32k a year?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-14 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe these figures are a bit closer to reality, which put ~100k in the world's top 1%, not 32k.

As to whether or not you can live a "good" life on that, it depends what your standard of "good" is. Plenty of people in the world's population would be absolutely gobsmacked to live at the standard of living of a citizen of the US/EU making 32k/yr, though I'm sure plenty of people making 32k/yr in those countries probably think they're living a miserable existence.

If you judge your quality of life by having liberty, opportunity, safety, health, safe working conditions, clean water, a safe place to live, etc. then you're probably living a pretty good life even on 32k. If you judge your quality of life by whether or not you can afford to own a home, save for retirement, buy the latest gadgets, take vacations, etc. then you're probably going to be struggling in most US cities on that income and might consider yourself as not having a good life. Also depends how many kids/pets/financial responsibilities you have to go along with that income, and how you choose to live your life.

It's all a matter of perspective really.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-14 15:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

32k, not considering if thats after taxes (30%), here can maybe lead to a somehow confortable life if single with no children.

1/5 of those 32k are only to rental a poor flat in a upper middle class neighborhood. Barely have 2 room if any.

Then comes the other necessary costs like electricity, food, etc. probably another 2/5 of those 32k.

For a single guy, thats fine living with the leftover 2/5 of 32k to either save or whatever extra needs/wants.

But then if you add a car in this, wife/children, school is already expensive af, family increase other costs. Their other needs also cant be neglected to maintain family cohesion.

Then, i think its a quite shitty life one can live, either accepting living barely on the edge, or moving to a worse neighborhood/city.

Not wanting to enter politics, but i surelly believe there is an implicit mechanism that is not that far off from slavery. People already need to work their frigging *** off, to barely make means meet ends. For the sake of the family, there isnt the option to give up. The only alternative is to spend their entire life in this vicious circle
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-14 15:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Not wanting to enter politics, but i surelly believe there is an implicit mechanism that is not that far off from slavery. People already need to work their frigging *** off, to barely make means meet ends. For the sake of the family, there isnt the option to give up. The only alternative is to spend their entire life in this vicious circle

I think it is a massive stretch and a very good example of western privilege to compare working for a company for wages and getting by paycheck-to-paycheck to slavery.

I also don't believe these are the only alternatives, there are plenty of ways to change this situation like seeking more responsibility/pay at the job you're working, finding another, better paying job, learning new skills (either at the job or in your off time), and a million other things. Options, I would point out, people in many countries don't have.

So like I said, depends on your perspective. Some people would be thrilled to trade places where they can work 40-60 hours/week in an air-conditioned building, be home every night before sunset and have a day or two off per week, all the while living surrounded by the conveniences of modern living.

A good life is very subjective, that's all I'm saying
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-11-14 16:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
A good life is very subjective, that's all I'm saying
My subjectivity:

I am poor enough to get food stamps, between my partner / housemate and I we don't make $20K / year.

BUT!!! I own a cheap house in a cheap place, I have REALLY LOW electric rates, we have a car and a truck, I was able to replace my roof (thank you all the magic cards that no longer clutter my space), and live a fairly good, if tropical vacationless, life.

Sure there is a lot of stuff I can't afford but I mostly don't want any of it.

People would be a whole lot better off if they could differentiate between wants and needs.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-11-14 16:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My standard for good life is basically:

Can I afford food, place to live, keep the lights on, and have spare time to video game/smooch with Sarah?

If yes = Good Life

If no = Bad Life

My standard for styling on life?

International or transcontinental vacation. Big house. Decked out PC. All consoles. Expensive HQ food often. Able to take lots of time off to video game/romance Sarah.

I don't live much in the styling portion of life, but I do live a good life more often than not. :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-14 17:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhc-qGAldw
Apparently if you make more than 32k a year, you are in the global 1%

So it's a pretty easy barrier to exploit the other 99% for humanity sadly in this globalized day and age

It's all about cost of living, which is heavily correlated with the cost of labor.

32K a year comes out to 2.6K USD a month. With that you could live a nice lifestyle in many places in the world.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Buenos-Aires?displayCurrency=USD
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Medellin?displayCurrency=USD
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Quito?displayCurrency=USD
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Phuket?displayCurrency=USD
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Bangkok?displayCurrency=USD
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Hanoi?displayCurrency=USD

Of course if we're trying to live in the same overpriced western hellhole you grew up in, then yes your going to need to be quite well off to afford it. Having spent most of my adult life in other countries, I have zero expectation to actually retire / settle long term in any western country. Whenever I hit "screw it", going to sell off my property, put into a long term dividend bearing account, then take off for a better priced location.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-14 19:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That kind of money is almost below poverty in NYC, no way you can afford to live here even going to the Bronx with that salary. Would need like 3 roommates, its just become such a dystopia here. My plan is to eventually move to Spain, like you said the cost of living is so much cheaper literally anywhere else and the quality of life 100x better. Not having to walk on egg shells if you don't say the flavor of the month politically correct thing or the fact that most Americans are constantly angry 24/7 over anything. You really begin to see how much better it is literally anywhere else if you travel... Sadly, most of the money/jobs are here. I think if you could work remotely and live in one of those places you would be very happy.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-15 01:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
dystopia

Now that you mention, its really becoming like those cyberpunk medias like Battle Angel Alita: the big, shiny cities are becoming too expensive to even 5% of population to live, so they segregate the city with barrier to prevent the 95% to enter.
By Pantafernando 2023-11-15 01:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not saying its like that, but i feel like those stories never made that more sense than nowadays
First Page 2 3 ... 22494 22495 22496 ... 22709 22710 22711