Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22478 22479 22480 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-07 10:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Random img.

But i like pics that break the fourth wall
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-07 10:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So creatively bankrupt they can't even destroy their second game differently from the first
Third Final Fantasy MMO when?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-07 10:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So creatively bankrupt they can't even destroy their second game differently from the first
Third Final Fantasy MMO when?

mobile gatcha games only from this point on.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-07 10:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hohoho, even worse OTL
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-10-07 13:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »
He is right lol
Oh, are we already at the point where the grifters start making "the game is dying (for real this time!)" videos? I guess they've gotta set the groundwork for their inevitable "FFXIV is saved! X.0 is the best expansion yet!" videos in a few months after all. This ***is just as predictable as the game's patch cycle.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-07 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And yours?

Where this sexy mithra comes from?
Omaha the cat dancer.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-07 15:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Oh, are we already at the point where the grifters start making "the game is dying (for real this time!)" videos?
Already? This has always been in fashion.

I mean ever since 1.0 when it was accurate.
By Viciouss 2023-10-07 15:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait until the trolls come and declare the next expansion a failure because it didn't sell as much as the last one.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-07 16:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And yours?

Omaha the cat dancer.

Kinky

Gonna make sure to read it as soon as i can
By Pantafernando 2023-10-07 16:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Random img.

But i like pics that break the fourth wall

Thats the difference of a random dog and a genuine one
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-10-07 16:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, are we already at the point where the grifters start making "the game is dying (for real this time!)" videos?

Yeah, it's been like this for the last decade. But there's specifically a point in every expansion (usually around X.5 or X.55) where there's an uptick in these videos, taking advantage of the lower player counts (because of the longer wait between the patches and expansion launch) to prop up their claims that it's dying.
Most of those same people will then start singing the game's praises the second the next expansion drops to try and ride the hype, despite it just being more of the same stuff they previously complained about. It's incredibly blatant clickbaiting, and it's disappointing that it still seems to work after so long.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-07 16:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They're just selling what their viewers want to see. It's just money.

Hate the algorithm
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-07 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's been like this for the last decade. But there's specifically a point in every expansion (usually around X.5 or X.55) where there's an uptick in these videos, taking advantage of the lower player counts (because of the longer wait between the patches and expansion launch) to prop up their claims that it's dying.
Most of those same people will then start singing the game's praises the second the next expansion drops to try and ride the hype, despite it just being more of the same stuff they previously complained about. It's incredibly blatant clickbaiting, and it's disappointing that it still seems to work after so long.

Modern media has trained people to be even dumber and more easily cowed than ever before. A simple, cyclical pattern that has been in place for 10 years? Ignore that, it's actually Armageddon and if you don't click my video/article about it you're a nazi.
By Draylo 2023-10-07 19:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Game dying aside, hes right about a lot of things hes brought up. Nothing new though that came with that recent expansion, its always been like that. They also do have a rabid fanbase that attacks any and all criticism of the game. Funny a lot of those were the same people who did that for XI ages ago, they'll probably bop to the next ff MMO and do the same lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-07 19:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

most ironic post of the year goes to...
By Draylo 2023-10-07 19:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like yall haven't even seen the video, because nowhere in the video does he say "the game is dying" or even imply it. Hes just saying the gameplay is dumbed down so much, which is true. I wouldn't be surprised if they just simply make all combo into 1 button like for PVP. Every time I check the game they delete abilities to dumb it down further. It was nothing new though, never had much dept outside of raids where its just a jump rope game.

Man I miss Radial, his opinions were always nice to read on this subject.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-07 19:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure Radial is hidden behind some sock account.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-07 19:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It looks like yall haven't even seen the video, because nowhere in the video does he say "the game is dying" or even imply it. Hes just saying the gameplay is dumbed down so much, which is true. I wouldn't be surprised if they just simply make all combo into 1 button like for PVP. Every time I check the game they delete abilities to dumb it down further. It was nothing new though, never had much dept outside of raids where its just a jump rope game.

I agree to an extent and wish there was more of just about everything, especially with how much money the game makes. That said, personal opinions (especially ones like yours and RA's, who want the game to be something completely different than what it is) mean absolutely nothing here. The game is and will continue to be wildly successful doing exactly what they've always done, there's no incentive to change or make a new one. Whether you like it or not, the way XIV is designed is how the masses want to paly MMOs these days.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-10-07 19:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt it, he was really bothered by SE and their treatment of XI, rightfully so. This forum is for XI, despite what others want to make people think. That was its primary focus, and it used to be very open to free discussion so once it starts to lose a lot of those aspects a lot of people don't post here anymore. Has happened a few times over the years.
By Draylo 2023-10-07 19:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I agree to an extent and wish there was more of just about everything, especially with how much money the game makes. That said, personal opinions (especially ones like yours and RA's, who want the game to be something completely different than what it is) mean absolutely nothing here. The game is and will continue to be wildly successful doing exactly what they've always done, there's no incentive to change or make a new one. Whether you like it or not, the way XIV is designed is how the masses want to paly MMOs these days.

I have no objections there. They will treat it just like they did XI, and he even mentions it in his video. They will just keep taking peoples money from those casuals that do those over exaggerated streams of the storyline, and cash shops purchases and others and then use those funds on literally anything else besides the game itself. Only I saw this happening since day1 of ARR really, the same pattern was there for ages so either he just woke up to it or idk.

Just like they did with XI. The next FF MMO will come out and they will repeat, all thanks to their rabid fanbase. When the new one comes out they will hate on XIV and say its old and done for and a whole new rabid fanbase will be created.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-07 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't just an FF thing, that's how games work now. This isn't like early 2000s where you had a game that you stick with 'for life' or anything like that. New games come, people get addicted, the cycle continues. Every game is like this, even single player games experience it now. It is how it is.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-10-07 19:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it is an MMO, so there isn't much precedent for successful MMOs in that regard. Most of them had the intention of keeping people subbed forever but now MMOs are not in favor and most new ones aren't successful at all. That is why it kills me how SE treats XI, the only place I can still enjoy myself as far as MMOs and they keep messing it up.
By mhomho 2023-10-08 07:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Draylo,
Did you move into the new place?
What kind of house warming gift should I bring over?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-08 09:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And yours?

Omaha the cat dancer.
Kinky

Gonna make sure to read it as soon as i can
Do that, its a good read and the naked catgirls don't hurt a bit.
[+]
By Afania 2023-10-08 09:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it is an MMO, so there isn't much precedent for successful MMOs in that regard. Most of them had the intention of keeping people subbed forever but now MMOs are not in favor and most new ones aren't successful at all. That is why it kills me how SE treats XI, the only place I can still enjoy myself as far as MMOs and they keep messing it up.

I am pretty sure most MMOs were not made with the intention to keep people sub forever, only as long as it remains profitable. Otherwise they will make FFXI's structure much more expandable from the start, without PS2 limitations and such.

During MMO golden era 13 years ago I also heard many smaller MMO company's policy was releasing 1 MMO every 1-2 years and shut them down within 1-3 years so they can release new ones in the market and grab cash. So "stayed alive forever" intention never existed. By comparison SE MMO stayed alive for MUCH longer than average mmo.

Anyhow if you get into a mmo and expect them to be maintained forever then you will likely be disappointed. Sometimes it happens to stay alive for long enough, like EQ or FFXI, most of the time they don't.

Getting upset over it is not worth it. Better keep the expectation low from the get go.

Also...Almost any popular dead mmo would have private server anyways, as long as people still want to play. so it's not like FFXI will be gone soon. It is still alive right now, and even if SE completely give up on it there is private server. So it's whatever.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-10-08 13:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Also...Almost any popular dead mmo would have private server anyways, as long as people still want to play. so it's not like FFXI will be gone soon. It is still alive right now, and even if SE completely give up on it there is private server. So it's whatever.

I've always been somewhat surprised SE legally allows these to continue operating, similar projects from other companies have been shut down with C&Ds or other legal maneuvering, especially with how high profile Horizon was/is. It seems odd to me that a company that size, who likely has teams to dedicate towards protecting their IP, would allow that to continue.

I know a lot of other private MMO servers continue to exist, even some from notoriously litigious companies like Blizzard, it never really made sense to me why some were shut down (some for dead games even) and others were not. I've always gathered the legal situation around deriving and hosting work from reverse engineered assets is a little murky, but I know projects have been shut down for doing the same thing, so it was never clear why those are and projects like Horizon aren't. Maybe they are all just hosted in countries overseas, maybe SE doesn't care (doubtful), or there is some legal boundary around modifying the content that isn't clear. Whatever the case is, it seems risky should SE decide to go after them and protect their IP unless there is some mitigating factor that prevents them from doing so.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-08 13:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Juice ain't worth the squeeze

Nothing would be gained by C&Ding horizon, those players aren't going to come to retail they'll just play eden or nasomi. Or the next one that pops up.

They aren't going to bother playing whack a server spending six figures when there is no money to gain or lose.

(if nothing else they're probably happy to have the free advertising as they spend zero on it. if even one person decides the want the real experience after trying a trial server then they're coming out ahead)
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-08 14:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I know a lot of other private MMO servers continue to exist, even some from notoriously litigious companies like Blizzard, it never really made sense to me why some were shut down (some for dead games even) and others were not.
Got lawyers on staff? Are they doing anything important? Is the private server in a country your lawyers can sue in? Is there any chance that a suit will get it shut down?

Yes, no, yes, yes = go for it. Otherwise fagetaboutit.

Example that has cropped up in several fields: servers located in Russia. And anyone can rent server space in Russia, even Russians.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-08 14:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

But how far are the private servers content-wise?

Everytime I heard about private server, is about shits like lv75 era.

Is there any that is up to date with current content?

Or, at least, reached Adoulin?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-08 14:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't quote me, but I think most private servers make it up to WoTG update wise, but content wise I think they reach ToAU at most.
First Page 2 3 ... 22478 22479 22480 ... 22706 22707 22708