Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22444 22445 22446 ... 22708 22709 22710
By ashcrow 2023-07-14 11:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Out of all the games coming out taking inspiration from classics to give us modern takes and spins on their formulas, the CD-i Zelda games was not one I expected to see. But I gotta admit, this looks really charming XD

YouTube Video Placeholder

I love when small developers opt to make games that you just don't see anymore. I actually picked up Ex-Zodiac because I just gotta accept we're never getting another proper Star Fox game. I've got not one, but two Command & Conquer-inspired games on my radar. There's one that looks like an old-school Treasure title. And I mean there are so many cool ones out there that I could just keep going on about.

In a sea of roguelikes, metroidvanias, soulslikes, and whathaveyou, it's great to see people taking the reins on formulas that don't really get much spotlight nowadays.
WAIT THIS IS A TREASURE GAME? I LOVED MISCHIEF MAKERS!!! help me mariaaaaaaaaaa!!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-14 13:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
WAIT THIS IS A TREASURE GAME? I LOVED MISCHIEF MAKERS!!! help me mariaaaaaaaaaa!!
No, no. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There's a game coming out by the same indie team who developed Sonic Mania called "Penny's Big Breakaway", and it just happens to kinda look like something Treasure might have developed.

Though if you're as big of a fan of Mischief Makers as I am, there's a team out there making DLC for Smash Bros. on the N64 that's completely playable on real hardware, and Marina Lightyears is one of the many characters they've added to it <3
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-07-14 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just block the lane, let’s all wait for your turn signal together. Thanks.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-14 15:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY THE *** IS THERE HALF INCH HAIL FALLING IN JULY!

I'm like what the *** is... is that hail. It's hail. Why.
By Viciouss 2023-07-14 15:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

O_O
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-07-14 16:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
WHY THE *** IS THERE HALF INCH HAIL FALLING IN JULY!

I'm like what the *** is... is that hail. It's hail. Why.
It has to do with updrafts, thunderheads, and the fact that the higher it gets the colder it is.

I could give you more meteorological details if asked.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-14 18:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what causes hail lol, asking why isn't asking how

Also Turdbox 2 is out today on netflix
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-07-14 19:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I know what causes hail lol, asking why isn't asking how
How about because Thor, the god of thunder and other meteorological phenomena, got cranky?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-07-15 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, great.

Went to my tests, but then i got here 1h earlier than scheduled.

Time for some review i guess
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-15 15:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd turdbox is actually pretty aight. Much more interesting story to follow. It really opens up the story you get zero of in the first one. It's a shame people aren't going to see this one.

It's also fully subtitled and not much english, so that's gonna cost it some viewers.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-15 18:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-15 22:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's turdbox because it's so similar to the crappening.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-07-16 12:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Scooby Dooby Doooooo!

I feel like rewatching Castlevania.

Also 91 Days.

Also One Punch Man.

I haven't watched any anime in a good while.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-16 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I rewatched D&D Honor Among Thieves yesterday. It's one of the few movies that I could stand rewatching, and I'd almost say it was better the second time around. Just a really good movie. Well-paced, good characters, fun set-pieces.

The whole thing feels like a proper tabletop RPG and has tons of great nods to its source material, yet its storytelling, action, and comedy are all strong enough to carry it even if you don't know a thing about D&D.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-16 18:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Scooby Dooby Doooooo!

I feel like rewatching Castlevania.

Also 91 Days.

Also One Punch Man.

I haven't watched any anime in a good while.
I've been working my way through some older anime lately since very little new stuff really grabs me.
One upside of so much of this stuff never making it over here back when I was a kid is that it's all new to me. :D

I rewatched D&D Honor Among Thieves yesterday. It's one of the few movies that I could stand rewatching, and I'd almost say it was better the second time around. Just a really good movie. Well-paced, good characters, fun set-pieces.

The whole thing feels like a proper tabletop RPG and has tons of great nods to its source material, yet its storytelling, action, and comedy are all strong enough to carry it even if you don't know a thing about D&D.
It's probably my favourite film of the last decade at least, if not longer. Can't really put into words why, other than it's just fun.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-16 20:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
It's probably my favourite film of the last decade at least, if not longer. Can't really put into words why, other than it's just fun.
It's way up there for me as well. I think everyone who made the movie had a good time making it, and that usually transfers to the audience.

Another big part of it is that most action movies in the last decade or so have been relying very heavily on the protagonist being quippy for all of their jokes. Honor Among Thieves has jokes beyond that. I'd almost go so far as to say it sort of reminds me of the first Ghostbusters movie in terms of humor and pacing.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-07-16 20:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I also watched that on Friday, wow. Pudgy Dragon!
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-07-16 20:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-16 20:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
The fat dragon was the cutest thing <3
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-16 21:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oof. War of the Visions global version will be rebranding to "worldwide" version and catching up to Japan because they're consolidating the two dev teams. After the catch-up, seasonal units will release at the same time, and collabs will release ~1 month afer Japan at most. No foresight means no spending for me. Not that that really changes how I play anyway, since I only pull on collabs to begin with. Pull for FF chars, then save for the next. FFV soon(er than expected).

Last time a game I played started rushing out content like this, it was First Soldier, because they were just trying to get everything out as fast as possible before the EoS announcement. Hope it's not the case here, but if it is, I guess that just means I'll have more time to play Ever Crisis when that comes out. :I
By Blazed1979 2023-07-17 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
"And I object! I object that he interrupted me while I was watching Ow! My Balls!"
yes is the answer.

Also, random thoughts: When did FFXIV become more of a social game than XI ; ;

Also going to watch D&D since you guys hyped it up so much. Ever since Thor 4 and Dr Strange 2, I don't pay for movies.
I'll bootleg D&D and if turns out to be good, I'll buy a digital copy or something.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-17 11:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, PC bluescreened. First time I've had that happen since Windows 98. I guess the hard drive is getting worse. @_@;

EDIT: Welp, FFV collab for WotV has been pushed up to this week. Already had to skip Kefka in the VI rerun to save for this and I still don't even have enough visiore to pity a single character, let alone both Lenna and Faris. Feels like it might be about time to drop the game.
By Pantafernando 2023-07-17 12:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Im so fed up with projects that never consider the product maintenance, and simply assume the architects gonna be dealing with end-users.

All of that while my boss keeps complaining my own projects aren’t progressing
By Blazed1979 2023-07-17 13:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Im so fed up with projects that never consider the product maintenance, and simply assume the architects gonna be dealing with end-users.

All of that while my boss keeps complaining my own projects aren’t progressing
Incompetence. Incompetence everywhere.
The bosses these days are the ones who have climbed a ladder built of skeletons.
little to no competence.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-07-17 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Also, random thoughts: When did FFXIV become more of a social game than XI ; ;
When XIV 1.0 launched the social aspect of XI was already in trouble due to trusts and multi boxers. The party structure and slow leveling of XI was the basis of its social side.

XIV 2.0 wasn't at all a social game. Many ways to level but XI's forced party leveling wasn't among them. As the game progressed it got more and more possible to level without ever talking to anyone. Today you can effectively solo the game.

But surprise! Player inventiveness and player housing led to a rich social scene which was aided by its party finder system. Today for every combat entry in the party finder there are 6 - 10 listings for venues or other player driven social activities.

As to when? I would guess the introduction of the BRD quest, Plucking the Heartstrings in patch 4.15 (11/27/17), which introduced the ability to preform as a BRD, was the tipping point.

Edit: Odd note, we have linkshells in XIV but they are hardly ever used.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-07-17 15:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the social aspects in XI are entirely and utterly dead it seems.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22444 22445 22446 ... 22708 22709 22710