Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22441 22442 22443 ... 22709 22710 22711
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-06 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

converting one of the garages into a gym eventually(tm)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-06 20:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
converting one of the garages into a gym eventually(tm)
We talked about maybe converting the part of our rec-room that has our workout equipment into a hybrid gym/projection theatre. But yeah, that's probably just never going to happen either.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-07-06 20:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Idiot Boy said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
It also reminded me of Lufia 2. And for that I'm gonna remember it forever.

*High fives*

Awww yeah, another Lufia 2 lover.
The soundtracks from those games are still top shelf. I know we're never going to get a re-release of them, but they were criminally underrated.

(Closest we're ever going to get was that Curse of the Sinistrals DS game we got a decade ago, and I liked it fine, but it changed the story significantly)
I did not like what they did character design wise with that, so I didn't pick it up. My brother did, but he didn't like it.

Artea had a gun!

I did want to pick up the game but I couldn't find a copy of it anywhere when I tried looking. Ah well. I know I probably won't enjoy it as much as the OG but I wanted to give it a fair shot. Probably going to try to emulate it in the future.
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2023-07-06 21:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
It also reminded me of Lufia 2. And for that I'm gonna remember it forever.

*High fives*

Awww yeah, another Lufia 2 lover.
The soundtracks from those games are still top shelf. I know we're never going to get a re-release of them, but they were criminally underrated.

(Closest we're ever going to get was that Curse of the Sinistrals DS game we got a decade ago, and I liked it fine, but it changed the story significantly)
I did not like what they did character design wise with that, so I didn't pick it up. My brother did, but he didn't like it.

Artea had a gun!

I did want to pick up the game but I couldn't find a copy of it anywhere when I tried looking. Ah well. I know I probably won't enjoy it as much as the OG but I wanted to give it a fair shot. Probably going to try to emulate it in the future.

I refuse to give up my copy of the game, it will be buried with me I swear, Lufia 2 is something special.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-07 05:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's tragic they only track physical copies. Patently waiting for an actual "oops we *** up" headline.

Quote:
Japanese Final Fantasy 16 Sales Plummet by 90% in Second Week
Quote:
UK Final Fantasy 16 sales down 78% in second week
[+]
By Afania 2023-07-07 05:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's tragic they only track physical copies. Patently waiting for an actual "oops we *** up" headline.

Quote:
Quote:

We've seen this 3 years ago when FF7 remake was out:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/78621945

[PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2020.04.10} (¥8.980) - 70.652 / 773.505 (-90%)

It looks like FF16 performance isn't better nor worse than FF7 remake. It's roughly about the same so far, not sure if that'll change later.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-07 07:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't do better than last time, you get fired. Grow or goodbye.

They took a bribe for ps5 exclusivity, so I don't give a ***about the ps4 vs ps5 availability.
By Draylo 2023-07-07 07:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad they won't learn from it
By Afania 2023-07-07 07:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Yoshida already said he won't be making FF17 so of he keeps his promise it'd be like he's fired already lol.

Just wait for FF17 maybe it'll be a completely different game from a different creator again.
By Viciouss 2023-07-07 09:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:

What's the point of only tracking physical sales?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-07 11:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Processes not adapting to the new reality
By Viciouss 2023-07-07 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It just feels like they are trying to generate a negative headline. Cut out digital sales, which are probably more than 50% of total sales, and go with that number.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-07 11:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, watching Ever Crisis closed beta streams, it looks great and all but I'm concerned it's going to end up like First Soldier and run like ***for most people. Really hope SE puts it on Steam like they did Mobius, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
By SimonSes 2023-07-07 11:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Man, watching Ever Crisis closed beta streams, it looks great and all but I'm concerned it's going to end up like First Soldier and run like ***for most people. Really hope SE puts it on Steam like they did Mobius, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Then cancel like Mobius.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-07 11:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
It just feels like they are trying to generate a negative headline. Cut out digital sales, which are probably more than 50% of total sales, and go with that number.

Like 90% of all physical copies are collector sets and special editions. No one buys disks after the preordered special editions. Half of ps5's have no disk drive. Computers really don't have disk drives anymore either.

So it kinda says something, just not the thing they think it means. The fans buy week one/day one and randos buy after that. They only care enough to track fans.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-07-07 11:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how Tigerwoods is doing sometimes.

Him and his never washed bowl.

His biking like 30 miles a day or whatever.

His Vegeta RL workouts.

Somehow still having the time to rock out on Monk in XI.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-07-07 13:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Threads is over 70m users now. It's bad..for now. The one thing they did right was making it easy to register via Instagram. With Musk over there doing every single thing wrong, this could be another Zuckerberg coup.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-07 14:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Criterion Dungeons.... reeeeeee

Like 90% of all physical copies are collector sets and special editions. No one buys disks after the preordered special editions. Half of ps5's have no disk drive. Computers really don't have disk drives anymore either.

So it kinda says something, just not the thing they think it means. The fans buy week one/day one and randos buy after that. They only care enough to track fans.

And all of the fans would have bought the CE day 1. This logic would make tracking physical sales and saying "gee they've dropped 90% in week 2..." even dumber.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-07 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With Musk over there doing every single thing wrong, this could be another Zuckerberg coup.
The huge wave of people that Musk fired from Twitter went to work for Meta, and now he's trying to sue Meta for having trade secrets and insider knowledge.

This seriously feels like a parody of real life. These people are treating these billion-dollar companies like how a 5 year-old plays with toys.
By Viciouss 2023-07-07 14:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with that lawsuit. Firing people voids whatever noncompete they had.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-07 14:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can imagine those are gonna be a real pain later on. In the beta losing max HP isn't a huge issue since they seem to give so many restoratives between bosses, but I can't imagine they'll stay that way for long.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2023-07-07 14:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
my dad mailed me pokeman cards for christmas, i was so trying to avoid the pokeman card itch and now i've went down the ebay rabbit hole... but i cut down my original cart from a $2.1k to $70!... for now

one day i wanna have all the vaporeon cards lol but *** gold star is like $800 for just a psa 9
the vaporeon card collection has been completed, last vaporeon card came today! a ~7 month journey and 43 cards later (got specific ones as reverses too, etc)

i have every iteration of vaporeon card art produced, as far as i know - (except for the last set that came out recently in japan ffs - but i want it in english!)

super cute water themed binder
haven't sorted them yet, maybe oldest to newest? or newest to oldest...
also picked up some extra eevees, the gary ones were too cute lol
did i miss any? list i made
note: i see people block out the PSA bar codes/numbers, not sure if it matters but w/e!

(insert repurposed ffxiah MSpaint)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-07 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can imagine those are gonna be a real pain later on. In the beta losing max HP isn't a huge issue since they seem to give so many restoratives between bosses, but I can't imagine they'll stay that way for long.

Least it shows that there is in fact tons of content outside of story mode. That's where the gacha comes into play as predicted
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-07-07 15:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Least it shows that there is in fact tons of content outside of story mode. That's where the gacha comes into play as predicted
Yeah, there's supposed to be a "battle tower" mode seperate from the dungeons too, but I don't know if that's available in the beta, so there should be plenty to do.
I like the stamp system for the gacha pity. Guaranteed one stamp per multi was to be expected, but the small chance to get multiple stamps is a nice bonus. 12 multis at most to get the costumes, with a chance to get them from less. Just like with WotV though, I fully expect to have to do the full 12 for everything I want. ._.;
One thing I don't like is the rarity upgrade ***on weapons. That was one of the worst things about early Record Keeper; pulling a 5-star only to find it's just some upgraded 3-star feels like ***.

EDIT: One thing I'll give them props for is the wishlist. Being able to choose which non-featured weapons you're more likely to pull is an amazing feature, and I wish more games would add it because chasing specific off-banner stuff suuuucks.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-07-07 15:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with that lawsuit. Firing people voids whatever noncompete they had.
Its not the fireing per se, its the voiding of the contract.

Workers without contracts have no noncompete and are, save for Montana, subject to termination without cause (at will employment.)

Fire a contracted worker and you have just abrogated the contract. Nor can you claim any piece of it is still intact.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-08 10:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I learned that NFT Bros had been taking out loans to buy those Bored Apes, but can't make their payments so the banks are having to repossess them. And the banks are losing too because the value of the NFT has dropped to basically nothing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-08 10:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why banks are fighting against all things crypto. There's nothing of value to take back.

You default on your house, they get a house. Default on your car, they get a car. Default on your shitcoin, they get to eat a ***.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-07-08 11:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For Vic:

Cubs End Yankees Record Unbeaten Home Streak Against Them With 3-0 Win

TLDR: For the first time in franchise history the Cubbies won at Yankee stadium!
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-07-08 13:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, we have only played a few games there! Hmph
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-07-08 17:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why banks are fighting against all things crypto. There's nothing of value to take back.

You default on your house, they get a house. Default on your car, they get a car. Default on your shitcoin, they get to eat a ***.
I wonder though if they can just whine to the government and ask them to use taxpayer dollars to compensate for their dumb choice to loan money to people looking to invest in something so volatile.

Because that's really the problem. If the lower- or middle-class tries something risky, we're expected to bail ourselves out. If the upper-class tries something risky, we're expected to bail them out.
First Page 2 3 ... 22441 22442 22443 ... 22709 22710 22711