Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22436 22437 22438 ... 22709 22710 22711
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-27 08:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
LOL

Netflix US and Netflix Canada are adding the 1997 Titanic movie this weekend to their streaming services.

Should've last week. Laggin behind.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-27 09:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I was just thinking... if they already had Titanic available for streaming, they would've made millions off of it and nobody would've batted an eye. The fact that they're adding it now is not only too late to truly capitalize on it, but it makes them look insensitive. A total lose-lose.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-27 09:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking... if they already had Titanic available for streaming, they would've made millions off of it and nobody would've batted an eye. The fact that they're adding it now is not only too late to truly capitalize on it, but it makes them look insensitive. A total lose-lose.

What's the use in having ***-you-money.....if you never say *** you?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-27 10:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXVI heating up

PS5 says I'm 49% of the way through the story.

I keep wondering how accurate the % through a game PS5's tracker is.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-06-27 12:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
*buys proper certified Italian San whatever tomatoes for badass homemade pizza and authentic sauce*
*gets lazy and buys frozen dough balls*

It was a pizza of contrasts.
Meh. There's really no such thing as "from scratch" anyway. You're always going to have to buy something from a store. Somewhere down the line you'd have to get something that you didn't produce yourself.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
-Carl Sagan
Hey if you have chickens on your land and you make a chicken omelette all from the same animal’s meat and eggs who started just as an egg you cared for into the full bird

That’s pretty damn scratch lol
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-27 13:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW San Marzano and completely worth it
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-06-27 21:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
BTW San Marzano and completely worth it
You are correct sir. Italy knows pizza tomatos man, made 6 good pizzas out of that serving
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-27 21:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This silo show is a lot better than I assumed it would be.

Generic "mystery" (not really) oh we're stuck in here cause the atom bombs destroyed earth but not really. Same ol ***. Standard nontwist "twist".

But it ain't bad. So far.
 Asura.Kenaithus
By Asura.Kenaithus 2023-06-27 22:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to sleep so bad... but I dont want to waste the few free time i have to do other stuff
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2023-06-28 04:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
I just discovered Horrible History.
Lol. Pretty great.

~super glad I never had to use “gravy stockings”.. or TNT hair dye

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/paint-on-hosiery-during-the-war-years-29864389/

I had to look it up.

the absolute area is a very dangerous place!!
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2023-06-28 10:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXVI hit 3 million copies sold in 6 days.

Wasn't someone claiming it was going to bomb hard?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-28 10:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Several hundred thousand people at the very least.

Glad they're wrong. Love this game.

Jill Warrick best waifu since Terra Branford.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-28 10:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »

I was just thinking this, but sort of the other way around. 3 million copies on its opening week is bad. Sales drop steeply after the first week as most people who were sold on the marketing buy it within the first three days.

For a game with a $300M budget, they'd need to sell between 10M and 20M copies depending on marketing costs (probably on the higher end) just to break even.

EDIT: Sony only paid for 6 months of exclusivity, which is pittance. What's worse is that Yoshida has said it's going to take minimum one more year of dedicated development time to get the game ported to PC, which is going to cost them several more million dollars to do. The marketing will have worn off by then as well, so that's even more money. So even when it does come to PC, they're going to have to sell that many more copies. Which itself is going to be a hard sell because PC gamers are tired of the awful console-to-PC ports.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-28 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the cost of PS5 exclusivity.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-28 11:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, 3 million sales doesn't even break even.

Objectivity skewed by big numbers. They spent 3 million sales worth on advertising.

15 sold 2.5m week one and 15 is terribad. So 16 is only slightly better than terribad?
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-28 11:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

15 was multiplatform, it's that simple. PS5's install base isn't as large as what the PS4 and X1 was back then. We will see how the weeks play out, but I doubt that 16 will have the dramatic drop off in sales that 15 had. Word of mouth was incredibly negative back then. We aren't seeing that kind of negativity this time around. 16 is reviewing well within the playerbase.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-28 11:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Objectivity skewed by big numbers. They spent 3 million sales worth on advertising.
Oh, probably way more than that.

Final Fantasy VII's marketing budget adjusted for inflation was nearly $190M USD. XVI's marketing has been literally everywhere. Big, showy trailers at every event, ads on Twitch, YouTube, and Google (and probably a lot more that I haven't seen), plus the massive push right at the end complete with a demo. If XVI's marketing costs don't exceed $200M, I'd be genuinely surprised.

So we're looking at a game with a $300M development budget plus at least $200M (probably closer to $300M) marketing budget. They're going to need to sell to every PS5 owner on the planet.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-28 11:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also not that it means much but it's brand new and is only (already) 20th on twitch. only 30k viewers.

Diablo 4, 130k
 Asura.Kenaithus
By Asura.Kenaithus 2023-06-28 11:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t think that’s a good number tbh. It is not bad, but the budget for the game was enormous AND is a Final fantasy branded game, for better or worse.

Still, we have to acknowledge that is a PS5 exclusive for the moment. Many will wait to get it on PC. Let’s hope the wait doesn’t hurt it’s momentum
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-06-28 11:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a tough game to stream if you aren't trying to spoil people.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-28 11:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also not that it means much but it's brand new and is only (already) 20th on twitch. only 30k viewers.

Diablo 4, 130k
You're right that it doesn't mean much as a metric. As a narrative-driven game, most people interested in it are probably also not going to watch it due to spoilers. Still an interesting look at numbers, though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-28 11:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Love this game.
For the sake of the people who do like it, I'm glad it's as good as you were hoping. It helps that CBUIII were transparent about the game. They didn't try to sell it as an open-world RPG or something to fudge expectations. It means more people can judge it at face value before buying it, which is going to lead to higher review scores at the expense of fewer sales.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-06-28 14:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm yeah, you might want to look into the numbers if you think thats good. I hope it bombs further in all honesty
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2023-06-28 16:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's currently outselling XV, which as far as sales go, was one of SEs best game launches. AND XV released on multiple platforms.

You might want to look into the numbers if you think that's bad for this particular franchise.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-28 16:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished my job to play a bit only to see the game crash because there were both updates in my SO and graphic card.

Now 10 mins of my quality time wasted because bullshittery of those bigh tech company

Update even forced me to restart only to redo the graphic card update download.

This evening didnt start well...
By Viciouss 2023-06-28 16:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a few million more sales and it will start turning a profit. Sit back and enjoy the salt.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-28 16:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have any doubts it will make money, eventually.

Just not enough money. If they don't make a profit of half a billion dollars it's a failure by industry standards.

They gotta sell 10 million units to break even and 20 million to be out of the failure range.
By Viciouss 2023-06-28 16:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have any doubts it will make money, eventually.

Just not enough money. If they don't make a profit of half a billion dollars it's a failure by industry standards.

They gotta sell 20 million units to break even and 30 million to be out of the failure range.

They do not have to sell 20 million units to break even. No videogame needs to move that amount of units to break even. If it has already sold 3m units, you are talking around 200m in profits. Its a 70 dollar video game, not a movie ticket.
First Page 2 3 ... 22436 22437 22438 ... 22709 22710 22711