Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22430 22431 22432 ... 22710 22711 22712
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 07:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
worth making a thread just for FFXVI? thought about it and mandating spoiler free, but not sure it would work.
I do think having a separate XVI thread would be a good call. I'm not sure what you'd talk about that wouldn't be spoilers, but you could even have one thread that forbids spoilers and another that allows them.
By Afania 2023-06-22 09:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
kuroki said: »
worth making a thread just for FFXVI? thought about it and mandating spoiler free, but not sure it would work.
I do think having a separate XVI thread would be a good call. I'm not sure what you'd talk about that wouldn't be spoilers, but you could even have one thread that forbids spoilers and another that allows them.

I accidently read tons of ff16 spoilers just from reading random gaming community posts on different forums, even the spoilers free discussions. It's honestly kinda annoying at this point =.=

So I definitely support having a seperate discussion. So I can avoid reading anything labelled ff16.

Tears of Kingdom doesn't even have that many spoilers despite it looks more popular on social media arhhh.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 09:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends and I have a "New Game Discussion" channel on our Discord server, specifically to talk about (and post screenshots of) potential story or gameplay spoilers. Some folks are more sensitive to spoilers than others, so it's just a good way to keep everyone happy.

Thankfully spoilers don't really bother me too much. Unless a story takes a turn which alters how a person might view previous events. For example, finding out Darth Vader is Luke's father doesn't bother me because it changes nothing on subsequent viewings. But the twist at the end of my favourite Futurama episode completely flips your perspective on all subsequent viewings.
By Viciouss 2023-06-22 09:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This community is pretty good at not spoiling things, I wouldn't be too worried about it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-22 10:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really confused, why are dead city episodes all out 3 days early.

1 was supposed to be 6/18 out on 6/15
2 is supposed to be 6/25 out today.

Are they dropping 3 days early on AMC+
Yeah, that must be it, there's AMC+ logos
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-22 11:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SE could invent some sort of slip to store all tiers of empy, relic and artifact gear

Dont need to have one for each stage
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 11:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
SE could invent some sort of slip to store all tiers of empy, relic and artifact gear

Dont need to have one for each stage
I'm guessing there's some sort of coding reason behind it. Or not. I dunno lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-06-22 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If I recall correctly, there is an upper limit to how many items that can be stored in a single slip, hence why there are so many of them since most slips are near or at their capacity.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-22 12:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But the twist at the end of my favourite Futurama episode completely flips your perspective on all subsequent viewings.
I need to know which episode this was.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-22 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I guess there a couple it could be.

All of the nibbler reveals change the whole perspective of the entire show.
By Dodik 2023-06-22 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a love/hate relationship with that particular story line point.

Watch Primer for a really good time travel related movie.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 13:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
I need to know which episode this was.
My favourite episode:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 13:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Actually I guess there a couple it could be.

All of the nibbler reveals change the whole perspective of the entire show.
Yeah, all of the Nibbler episodes make the Futurama universe seem a lot bigger. What's fascinating is that it wasn't even just retconned to be like that, it was planned from the beginning. Even the first episode shows Nibbler under the table if you look for him.

Characters and story are great, but what really hooks me into a fictional universe is how deeply the world is written.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-22 13:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah damn it I knew it was that one but I edited over it lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-22 13:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
If I recall correctly, there is an upper limit to how many items that can be stored in a single slip, hence why there are so many of them since most slips are near or at their capacity.

Limits and laws exist to be broken my dear
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-06-22 13:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh great choice. It reminds me of a particular episode of Scrubs that's similar in that way.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-22 13:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Colleague lost his 5 year old daughter, who is back home overseas.
Yesterday he was showing me pics of her and how excited he was to be going home friday morning to see her.
Today middle of meeting room one of the PA's pulls me out of meeting and tells me "his name"'s daughter just died, with tears in her eyes. CEO is oversees. I'm 2nd in command. Gotta go find this guy and be there for him. Get to him, and he's in a corner on the floor, crying with a few colleagues trying to help. I'm all trying to keep things together. I say his name and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks up and just says "I'll never hear her say baba again". at which point I just start balling and run off like into the bathroom to cry and get a hold of myself. finally, come back out after a few mins. just sit with him and start praying. The pain and empathy, sympathy is so potent. you realise your chest is hurting and then just wonder what he is feeling.

Be good to each other. thank your blessings. whatever they are.
one of them is just not feeling what that guy was feeling.
I'm a strong believer, so know his daughter is gone off to a better place. with the most merciful and most beautiful.
But for the father, that's.. just beyond words to describe.
Any father can relate
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-22 14:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean...wtf.
(I know I'm posting this for about 3 total people- don't care)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-06-22 17:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What am I missing?
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-22 18:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
What am I missing?

Generally things that are to the leeward side refers to downwind and windward is from the direction the wind is coming from. In the map above the tradewinds are coming from the east, meaning the group of leeward islands is technically windward and the windward islands are to the lee if you go by the direction of the wind relative to the islands.

My expectation is they were named by the direction of sail. If you are coming from the north then the islands are to your leeward side and you encounter that group first. If you love being beaten to death offshore and are coming from the south, then you reach the windward islands first and you arrive wanting to sell your boat and move as far inland as possible after beating into the wind.

Could be wrong. We never made it that far south, the window we had allocated was spent rebuilding our rudder (not Orca related, dumb prior owner related, which is worse).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-22 19:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Asmon, but this is a thing everyone needs to hear.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-22 19:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
What am I missing?

Generally things that are to the leeward side refers to downwind and windward is from the direction the wind is coming from. In the map above the tradewinds are coming from the east, meaning the group of leeward islands is technically windward and the windward islands are to the lee if you go by the direction of the wind relative to the islands.

My expectation is they were named by the direction of sail. If you are coming from the north then the islands are to your leeward side and you encounter that group first. If you love being beaten to death offshore and are coming from the south, then you reach the windward islands first and you arrive wanting to sell your boat and move as far inland as possible after beating into the wind.

Could be wrong. We never made it that far south, the window we had allocated was spent rebuilding our rudder (not Orca related, dumb prior owner related, which is worse).

See. toldya 3 people ;)
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-06-22 20:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I don't need to listen to any streame.

If its good ehough that someone transcribed it, I will read the transcription if linked.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-22 20:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Sorry, I don't need to listen to any streame.

If its good ehough that someone transcribed it, I will read the transcription if linked.

TL:DW

Fighting about the morality of capitalism, on your phone, made by third world slavery. (and literally everything you own also made by third world child slaves)

Twitch streamers say it's "unethical" to take the bag from kick because gambling. They're all jealous *** hypocrites. Amazon is a literal evil company, no better or worse than any gambling. But no one will stop using amazon obviously, cause they deliver stuff to the house you no longer leave for any reason.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 20:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
See. toldya 3 people ;)
I mean, I know what "windward" and "leeward" mean, but I'm not really sure what the context of that particular image is. Are we laughing at someone's mistake? Is this from a particular news thing?

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Same. I honestly don't even want to give that man the courtesy of my one view, let alone my time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-22 20:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

See. toldya 3 people ;)
I mean, I know what "windward" and "leeward" mean, but I'm not really sure what the context of that particular image is. Are we laughing at someone's mistake? Is this from a particular news thing?

those are the names given to those islands over 300 years ago by British and Spanish explorers and conquerors. The fact that they were named by Captains who's only knowledge of sea travel was by wind would name them essentially backwards is just hilarious. Its not like 30 years ago they got their names and someone without any sailing knowledge screwed up....nope- this was done by the most dominant sailing forces in the world at that time. If ANYONE shoulda known, it was them.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-22 20:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

those are the names given to those islands over 300 years ago by British and Spanish explorers and conquerors. The fact that they were named by Captains who's only knowledge of sea travel was by wind would name them essentially backwards is just hilarious. Its not like 30 years ago they got their names and someone without any sailing knowledge screwed up....nope- this was done by the most dominant sailing forces in the world at that time. If ANYONE shoulda known, it was them.
Oooohhh OK that makes a lot more sense lol

I wonder if the winds changed since they were named, or if it really was a blunder.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-22 20:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wager Iamaman's answer is the most likely. Depending on angle of approach.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-22 21:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Today i started my new lineup for Sortie with BLMx2 SCH GEO RUN and a last spot for a COR.

I used SMNx2 BLM with SMN as the source of skillchain. This new formation is kinda awkward at moment, takes longer to beat stuffs before NMs.

Gonna be watching more videos tomorrow to check how peeps do this more efficiently.

Goal is ABC plus E bosses.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-06-22 22:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

But would any of those Captains have been smart enough to not get into a sinking clothes dryer to visit the Titanic?
First Page 2 3 ... 22430 22431 22432 ... 22710 22711 22712