Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21978 21979 21980 ... 22712 22713 22714
By Draylo 2021-10-18 02:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of bots that can auto dodge in extremes and savages raids already. You must not be in the know I guess, but most of those fights are 90% predictable, like most of the game. That's why its pretty easy to do because theres always that one strat that must be used for every end game content after you force yourself to watch a 20m+ long video. Main reason I don't even bother in that end-game.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 02:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm, there's tons of third party tools for auto callouts, auto marking for randomized targeting mechanics, extra telegraphs, and other such similar things.

Don't think there's any automatic dodging software though. That'd be quite the feat to implement. Show me where you saw some, cause I ain't heard about it.

Also, multiple strats are possible for every fight, it's just the basics of resolving mechanics and not getting hit are always pivotal. It's scripted, yes. Predictable when new? No. The fights are very fun when new, when there are no guides for them yet.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-18 02:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Um there is, a lot of them in fact. I don't wanna post links and such to bots, but anyone with some basic google knowledge can find them. That game is not as deep as you seem to think it is lol. Of course anything new won't be predictable, for the most part, but they do often reuse mechanics from one fight and add it to another, so you can p much plan around that.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 03:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Put up or shut up. I've never heard of them. It's a bit deeper than you'll ever be willing to give it credit for.

An auto dodge bot wouldn't be able to clear most Savage/Extremse, for instance, unless the bot writer had a specific group to put it into for his script vs. the fight script. There are always mechanics that are doled out in a random order that resolve 1~3 party members at a time, requiring them to get hit in certain ways in specific positions of the fight. There's mechanics that require you to "die." There's boss rearrangement, proximity AOEs, backwards debuff execution, mechanics tied to role, and much more.

Go ahead, just link me one of these automatic dodge bots in a PM. Show me.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-18 03:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I'm good, you can just keep thinking it's impossible to bot, ignorance is bliss. I already told you how you can find it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 03:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Your salt about XIV never gets old, Diehard Draylo.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-18 03:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, keep thinking XIV has no intelligent bots lol. Imagine thinking that in 2021. I guess you're the diehard for XIV then
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 03:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not as much a matter of intelligence as it is about the fight design being explicitly designed to not be straight forward. A bot would have to be loaded up with the proper reaction to every single mechanic, have perfect pathing to the other bots/players, be able to execute its damage rotation simultaneously, heal and shield at the right times, and do all of that over and over again in case of error or wipe.

I don't think it's impossible, just impossible when fights are new, which is when they matter most. I've literally encountered zero bots in Extremes/Savage. I know plenty of folks who cheat with third party add-ons, whether it be automated calls or extra telegraphs.

Only reason you're getting so defensive is because you can't actually link me one of the bots you're suggesting exists. Whenever you get the time, fill me in. Till then /shrug
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 03:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, Sarah and me carved pumpkins the other day. They've already rotted. Didn't think about preservation, whoops!

[+]
By Josiahafk 2021-10-18 03:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
If this exchange doesn't end in a kiss I will be very disappointed.
Or a single finger gently on the lips vertically
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 03:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
If this exchange doesn't end in a kiss I will be very disappointed.
Or a single finger gently on the lips vertically
*Places a single finger gentle upon Josi's Canadian lips, vertically of course.*

You didn't say whose lips, doll. <3
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-10-18 04:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I never!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-18 05:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe Josi is packing another set, Hugs.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Jinz
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Jinz 2021-10-18 06:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
You might also just have a bias towards overruling others choices and snowflake biased mindset etc that can cause an overreaction pulling away from mainstream anything on principle

So that makes all media consumption a bit more complicated
is there a cure and how do I look deeper internally to know if this might be the case? any other signs?

Hey I'm serious btw.
By Blazed1979 2021-10-18 06:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing outward. It's got a co-op option. It's a lot of fun in a different kinda way. Co-op is some of the most fun I've had since super bomberman on the SNES in 1993
By ksoze 2021-10-18 06:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
In other news, Sarah and me carved pumpkins the other day. They've already rotted. Didn't think about preservation, whoops!

Nice :D
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2021-10-18 07:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tending to find in life (work primarily) that there's a threshold in team sizes. Once you cross a certain point in size, you start to get diminishing returns measured in outcomes, and complexity that grows exponentially with each additional part (person/team). As a global civilization we just don't have a solution to this. Beyond a certain size, you just add more problems than benefits. Modern management hasn't kept up with the times. Kind of like the US. Such a massive country with so many resources and power, yet you still have the largest prison population in terms of number and %'s. No universal healthcare, largest wealth disparity in history. All signs of utter incompetence to managing the affairs of the state and the governed. Especially when you consider it is THE democratic model from which all others have replicated their own. Pretty scary when you realize the majority of global orgs are betting on A.I to solve all this. That's a lot of power to hand over to A.I. Perhaps a death sentence for our species.

Channeling a bit of Elon today for some reason.

Outward by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lySsepk3-u8

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-18 08:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I get a text from a family member saying that my cousin died. I'm like
"holy ***, how?!"
"idk I saw it on facebook"

-_- bro.. confirm that ***before you tell people. I'm not really close to said cousin but my sister is so I had to send an awkward text telling her she needs to see if they're dead.
Jeez. I hope that's not the case.

Reminds me of the time my dad sent me an SMS using voice-to-text. The text read something like "mom had passed", which made my heart jump. Did my mom die? Did his elderly mother just die? What in the world?! And then he sent me another text about 30 seconds later

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-10-18 09:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
... Beyond a certain size, you just add more problems than benefits. Modern management hasn't kept up with the times. Kind of like the US. Such a massive country with so many resources and power, yet you still have the largest prison population in terms of number and %'s. No universal healthcare, largest wealth disparity in history.
The prison population is due to politics and racism. The healthcare is because of "campaign contributions" and our prioritizing of the needs of health care executives for massive wealth over our need for health care.

As to wealth inequality we can't begin to hold a candle to ancient Rome. Marcus Licinius Crassus's income was 1/4 of Rome's GDP.

Quote:
All signs of utter incompetence to managing the affairs of the state and the governed. Especially when you consider it is THE democratic model from which all others have replicated their own. Pretty scary when you realize the majority of global orgs are betting on A.I to solve all this. That's a lot of power to hand over to A.I. Perhaps a death sentence for our species.
We seem to be doing a great job of making the planet uninhabitable with nothing but biological intelligence and unenlightened self interest.
By Jetackuu 2021-10-18 10:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

can we not do politics here?
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-10-18 10:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Please just insert girders and move along people
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-18 11:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of girders, I think Nintendo really dropped the ball with the "Muscular Pokemon" line.

I get that Timburr would be the weakest, using only a timber beam as its weapon. But then Gurdurr, holding a steel beam, evolves before Conkeldurr, using concrete columns. In what world is concrete stronger than steel?

Structural steel is over 10x stronger than structural concrete in compression and (practically) infinitely stronger than concrete in tension. Concrete is so weak, in fact, that it needs steel as part of its design. Wood on its own can do more than concrete on its own...

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-10-18 13:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think that the concrete beams are reinforced.

But does Conkeldurr hit things with them or merely drop them on things?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-18 13:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I would think that the concrete beams are reinforced.
Even reinforced concrete is weaker than steel. The greater the ratio of steel to concrete, the stronger it is. But you're still better off with a purely steel member.

During concrete design, you design the steel "tension" half of the beam to be just weak enough to yield before the concrete "compression" half of it fails altogether, but not so much that the steel would also fail first. Though you can beef up the compression side with extra steel as well, requiring even more steel in the bottom.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21978 21979 21980 ... 22712 22713 22714