Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21951 21952 21953 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-18 20:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Maybe you stop using luas and learn to play the game with equipsets and macros, you know, without cheating.
You can afk cap all a war99’s melee skills on vanilla 11 while sleeping.
Is it fair to you that a magic job can’t do anything of the sort?

Do you consider that balanced?
Is the blm cheating by using windower macros to give himself the same opportunities a vanilla war has?
By Guyford 2021-09-18 20:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cap any skill in under an hour these days... not sure how you're vanilla capping ALL a war's skills while sleeping, since like, you'd need to change weapons every hour or so, and what mob/reive wall or w/e is gonna stay alive for the whole time it takes you to cap a skill 0-cap. This is nonsense.

My point is its part of the game to work out the economy of equipsets and the limit of 5 ambush capes per job, not to mention the equipset change time limitations when it comes to fast gear or SID gear ect.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-09-18 20:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 20:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is its part of the game to work out the economy of equipsets and the limit of 5 ambush capes per job, not to mention the equipset change time limitations when it comes to fast gear or SID gear ect.

There is no limit of 5 capes per job. If there were, the Ambuscade NPC would stop letting us take a cape voucher and turn it into a type we already have 5 of. When it comes to capes, Gearswap does what it has consistently done for the playerbase for a long time:

Take a concept poorly implemented by SE and make it manageable for the players to truly benefit from.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 20:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't differentiate between more than 5 capes using macros cause you have 1 inventory and 4 wardrobes...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 20:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't differentiate between more than 5 capes using macros cause you have 1 inventory and 4 wardrobes...
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
When it comes to capes, Gearswap does what it has consistently done for the playerbase for a long time:

Take a concept poorly implemented by SE and make it manageable for the players to truly benefit from.

I can try using hand puppets to explain if that is easier.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 20:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

By Guyford 2021-09-18 20:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The game was clearly designed to limit you to 5 capes. Just cause I can hold 400 different dark rings with various augs, doesnt mean I should be able to macro equip a different one for every situation.

Your argument is the game doesn't let me do this, but I'm gonna make a machine that lets me do it anyway.

This is cheating.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 20:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The game not being able to handle something is part of the game...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 20:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're cute.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-18 20:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How does something like this happen every time there's big XIV news
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-18 20:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cap any skill in under an hour these days... not sure how you're vanilla capping ALL a war's skills while sleeping, since like, you'd need to change weapons every hour or so, and what mob/reive wall or w/e is gonna stay alive for the whole time it takes you to cap a skill 0-cap. This is nonsense.

You put a lvl 1 weapon on the warrior each night, fight urganites in ceizak with healing trusts.

Wake up to skills from 0-capped on vanilla.
So is this balance in your eyes? That a mage cannot do anything remotely similar?
Is them using a windower macro to do the same thing cheating?
By Guyford 2021-09-18 20:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

You put a lvl 1 weapon on the warrior each night, fight urganites in ceizak with healing trusts.

So is this balance in your eyes? That a mage cannot do anything remotely similar?

Yes?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-09-18 20:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

It's because we're on a XI forum :3
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 20:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg I can't automatically level synergy from 0 to cap overnight, SE should let me do this!!! I'm gonna make a machine do it for me, that's only fair right???
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 21:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

both of those things are cheating
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-18 21:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

I'd argue that the general section of the forum has twice as many posts and, therefor, declare this a non-content-content forum.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-18 21:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

it just amuses me to hear people who don't use windower/gearswap bash it like they have any idea what's going with those tools. Y'all end up looking like the middle-aged dude who waltzes into the repair bays at a car mechanic and just nods while going "mhmmm..." to pretend like they know.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

it just amuses me to hear people who don't use windower/gearswap bash it like they have any idea what's going with those tools. Y'all end up looking like the middle-aged dude who waltzes into the repair bays at a car mechanic and just nods while going "mhmmm..." to pretend like they know.

What?

Your argument has been that because you can cap war skills while being afk by available in game means, you should therefore be able to cap other skills that you can't afk cap, by using automation, not to mention all the other things 3rd pt programs do that you can't do in game.

And your argument against this is you don't know how my automation actually works therefore its fine???
By Josiahafk 2021-09-18 21:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg I can't automatically level synergy from 0 to cap overnight, SE should let me do this!!! I'm gonna make a machine do it for me, that's only fair right???
If the game said, “Elvaan and can auto cap synergy in vanilla 11, but you’re a mithra and they can’t!”
Would you call that mithra using windower macros to auto cap a cheater?
By Bazing 2021-09-18 21:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to watch you tank sometime without windower+JAzero in endgame stuff nowadays with 30 mobs hitting you & pre/midcast sets. I am ready to be amazed.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
If the game said, “Elvaan and can auto cap synergy in vanilla 11, but you’re a mithra and they can’t!”
Would you call that mithra using windower macros to auto cap a cheater?

1. Yes
2. What point are you trying to make?
By Viciouss 2021-09-18 21:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand not playing with gearswap, a little bit. But not using windower, you are cheating yourself out of just the HD graphics. I mean, why? You don't have to use any other 3rd party tools, just the HD upgrade alone makes the game way better.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-09-18 21:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue that the general section of the forum has twice as many posts and, therefor, declare this a non-content-content forum.

I was being facetious but I do agree with your comment too xD

@Windower / Gearswap discussion - it is kind of silly to think that using an unauthorized third party tool that does things that are not intended by the vanilla client is not considered a violation of the game's ToS.

With that being said, it is also important to recognize that Windower has become such an important facet of XI and has provided a multitude of QoLs to the game to make it more enjoyable. It's to a point that if S-E C&Ds Windower, they'd effectively put the final nail in the coffin for the game too. I feel that there are more Windower players than vanilla players that I imagine they'd lose so many players at that point that they should just pack up and go.
[+]
By Bazing 2021-09-18 21:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazing said: »
I'd love to watch you tank sometime without windower+JAzero in endgame stuff nowadays with 30 mobs hitting you & pre/midcast sets. I am ready to be amazed.

This is beyond hilarious cause that's what I do for a living.
You tank 30 mobs in FFXI to pay your rent IRL? Please elaborate (and provide video).
[+]
By Guyford 2021-09-18 21:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was being facetious but I do agree with your comment too xD

@Windower / Gearswap discussion - it is kind of silly to think that using an unauthorized third party tool that does things that are not intended by the vanilla client is not considered a violation of the game's ToS.

With that being said, it is also important to recognize that Windower has become such an important facet of XI and has provided a multitude of QoLs to the game to make it more enjoyable. It's to a point that if S-E C&Ds Windower, they'd effectively put the final nail in the coffin for the game too. I feel that there are more Windower players than vanilla players that I imagine they'd lose so many players at that point that they should just pack up and go.

I'll point out that my original statement was against using luas over macros/equipsets not using windower.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-18 21:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazing said: »

This is beyond hilarious cause that's what I do for a living.
Wow so a RMT came in here, sees a blm capping their dark magic skill on urganites afk beside a war doing the same on vanilla, and consider *them* a cheater
[+]
By Bazing 2021-09-18 21:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, cleaving Apex mobs is totally same as 2 mob waves on you in C farm and stuff, yeah. Totally bro. 30+ chain? I am really impressed cause nobody can manage that nowadays. For realsies.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21951 21952 21953 ... 22553 22554 22555