Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21870 21871 21872 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-06-10 01:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This update sucked!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-10 02:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the big, exciting reward
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-10 02:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
This update sucked!

In which sense?

Content wise, there were a couple of near zero update, this one seemed okish.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-10 04:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I wasnt aware we could have two pdf files with same name in the same folder.

Funny how it surprised me when I moved the same file to the folder and got no error message.

I still think this is a bug though
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-10 05:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Have you ever met someone who is really nice, but somehow also a complete jerkwad?

Long story short, we've been renting in AZ because it's likely a temporary location for us. We had been going month-to-month on our lease after our first year was up. Our landlord, who is on the surface a nice guy that I got along with well enough, sends me an email saying that he has extended family members that wants to stay in the house so he's giving us the legal minimum of 30 days to pack up and leave, essentially forcing a family of five with three young kids (that love their school) to find a new place to live in one of the most brutal housing markets in the U.S. with the bare minimum level of notice.

Now, through basically what was a miracle or just a statistical improbability depending on how you view things, we managed to quickly find and secure a new place to live just down the street (it happened to be the only available house within the relatively small school boundaries), so at the end of the day it worked out. But our landlord can't even seem to fathom that what he did was in any way, shape, or form wrong. Likewise, with every repair he ever had to make in our time here (and there were several because the previous tenants didn't take good care of the place) he kept telling us he was doing it out of the goodness of his heart instead of, you know, his contractual obligation as stated in the lease.

What makes a nice person do crappy things to people? Self-righteousness? An utter lack of social awareness? The inability to comprehend that there can be a difference between legality and morality? Or maybe people just suck. /shrug
Most likely entitlement mixed with learned apathy due to all the similar situations landlords face often. Being able to truly reflect internally and grow from that effort is a extremely rare trait amongst extroverts, and a rare trait with introverts.

The more you’d know the person, the more simplicity you can glean; we are highly simple rudimentary critters.

1. We can justify any action imaginable
2. Greed and selfishness are just as critical traits to human success over the centuries as Philia and storge.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-06-10 09:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What makes a nice person do crappy things to people? Self-righteousness? An utter lack of social awareness? The inability to comprehend that there can be a difference between legality and morality? Or maybe people just suck. /shrug
He isn't really a nice guy. He fakes it well.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-06-10 09:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
when it's back in stock.
When it is back in stock, if ever, the price will be 20% higher.

World wide chip shortage = availability down & prices up.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-10 10:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In this case it's a little more safe. Laptop prices for some reason have been stable. That particular machine has been getting daily restocks and hasn't moved in price yet.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-10 10:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"chip shortage" is underselling and/or conflating multiple issues and sounds more threatening than anything.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-06-10 15:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

OEMs almost certainly get first dibs and SKU prioritization due to pre-existing contracts
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-06-10 19:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-10 21:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's unreal that almost a year later and the PS5 is still in shortage. I need a 2nd for my living room :|
By Viciouss 2021-06-10 21:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They say its not going to get better until at least next year.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-10 21:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It's unreal that almost a year later and the PS5 is still in shortage. I need a 2nd for my living room :|
What’s unreal is thinking repercussions for the pandemic would be solved by now; 5 years is unlikely nvm one.
By Draylo 2021-06-10 22:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm no
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 22:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean probably not 5 years, but yeah. The ripple out goes much further than the immediate.

They were already falling behind on silicon, couple that with no workers, and shipping issues and mining and increased demand for literally everything having computers in it now. It's just a cascade.

They will be behind for a while.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-10 22:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad that there isn't any "must have" game on my list for PS5 yet. I'm a little disappointed by the usable storage on the system, so if it doesn't take an eternity for them to release an upgraded system then maybe I'll be able to hold out. At this rate, just getting the stupid things made in the first place is a higher priority for them than increasing memory storage, though, so who knows how many years that would take.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 23:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Storage is going to be hardcore *** now/next.

New damned crypto runs on harddrives. It's about to implode.

RAM going up, CPUs going up GPUs going up storage going to become impossible. All bad things.

And that's all before the escalating trade wars because literally everything is made in china. Rough times ahead.
By Draylo 2021-06-10 23:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would consider FF7R intergrade a must have!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-11 00:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would consider FF7R intergrade a must have!

It's right on that borderline for me. I definitely want it, but it's not enough gameplay to get me to buy a PS5 based on that alone. I would definitely buy a PS5 for FF7R Part 2, but who knows when that will release.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-06-11 03:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

By Viciouss 2021-06-11 07:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

With God of War being expectedly delayed until next year, there is no rush for me to get a PS5. My PS4 is still in good working order, and I have a nice backlog.
[+]
By Dawnn 2021-06-11 08:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
What’s unreal is thinking repercussions for the pandemic would be solved by now; 5 years is unlikely nvm one.

Some of the hardware reps that I work with from china still aren't even back open for production. Parts shortages will continue if that's not just a singular event, and I'm betting it isn't.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-06-11 09:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't a singular event.

I read an article last week, its focus was on Ford's pivot to the future. It touched on car computer chips.

They still use 80nm dies! Surely fabs this ancient will have no production glitches but they are affected by international shortages of materials just as much as the most modern, under 10nm, fabs.

Everything is in short supply. The whole world paused production of everything due to the plague. As we slowly slip out of that pause production increases but demand meanwhile has skyrocketed.

Supply and demand. Demand outstrips supply and prices go up. Elementary my dear Watson. Economists predict 2 - 3 years until equalization....
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2021-06-11 10:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This update sucked!

The update following the anniversary campaign always seems underwhelming each year. Nothing too exciting in this one, but last month I was able to finish grinding out the 10k job points for an Almace augment. I turn in my final 669 points on Sunday.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-06-11 10:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Always remember to check expiration dates.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-06-12 02:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

YOOOO GUILTY GEAR IS *** INSAAAAAAAAAAAANE ANY 1 GOT IT?? WANA PLAY AM STREAMING AND LEARNING SO MUCH BETTER THAN SFV JESUS

https://www.twitch.tv/thunderjet232

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2021-06-12 12:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
This update sucked!

The update following the anniversary campaign always seems underwhelming each year. Nothing too exciting in this one, but last month I was able to finish grinding out the 10k job points for an Almace augment. I turn in my final 669 points on Sunday.
but why
First Page 2 3 ... 21870 21871 21872 ... 22553 22554 22555