Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20811 20812 20813 ... 22712 22713 22714

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-04-17 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Will Smith has lived long enough, that he now looks like Uncle Phil.
And is rich enough that he OWNS his own house in Bel-Air.
And I think he's played a lawyer in a movie before?
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2017-04-17 20:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Will Smith has lived long enough, that he now looks like Uncle Phil.
And is rich enough that he OWNS his own house in Bel-Air.
And I think he's played a lawyer in a movie before?
Does this mean we're getting a reboot of Fresh Prince? I don't know how I would feel about that...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-04-17 21:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-04-17 22:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Danceshroom?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-04-18 00:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not feeling so hot... my dog that I've had since he was 6 weeks old till now, 14 years later, is in intensive care at Blue Pearl. Prognosis terminal, just don't know whether he will recover at all over the next day or two... they say if he doesn't, then we should euthanize him, while at the same time insisting that he can be saved if we pay $3000 to find out exactly what's wrong. They also said that if he recovers in the next day or two, he might live for another month or two. The vet there has me frustrated.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-04-18 02:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

3k, thats criminal.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2017-04-18 03:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask other English teachers in city for advice to deal with a controlling and rule breaking home room teacher:

'Git gud. Don't be a snitch. Stop bitching.'

Ahh yes. Those old days when we thought being an adult meant something.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-04-18 05:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

tatatata xD
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2017-04-18 05:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Uemtasu seems like a really cool guy. Every time I see him in these interviews I can really tell he loves his work. As well as how ecstatic he looks during performances.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 06:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Not feeling so hot... my dog that I've had since he was 6 weeks old till now, 14 years later, is in intensive care at Blue Pearl. Prognosis terminal, just don't know whether he will recover at all over the next day or two... they say if he doesn't, then we should euthanize him, while at the same time insisting that he can be saved if we pay $3000 to find out exactly what's wrong. They also said that if he recovers in the next day or two, he might live for another month or two. The vet there has me frustrated.
There isn't another vet you can take him to?

Hell, where I live, there are 3 vets for a population of about ~25k. 1 Animal Hospital plus 2 private practices.

Asura.Vienner said: »
3k, thats criminal.
No, not really.

Actually, that's pretty cheap.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2017-04-18 07:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a very low estimation of vets, from my experience. When I was young, we had a dog that the vet had diagnosed with distemper--advised he was going to suffer badly and pass away, and thus recommended euthanisation. We opted against it, to just enjoy the time left we had together and to make him comfortable. To our surprise, he recovered and went on to live 10 more years.

We currently have a cat, whom our vet advised had failing kidneys. He also recommended euthanisation to prevent suffering. We also decided to just take him home, instead, and to just be with him for whatever time he had. That was 7 years ago, and he's still around (although quite old now, at 15.)

That's not to say vets cannot be professional, or that they cannot be compassionate. But from my view, they do tend to recommend euthanisation way too often as a first resort. I do understand that in the US, pets are considered property, and thus as a commodity have a certain status, but I think most people tend to view their pets as family members and are taken aback when termination is thrown out so early as a first option.

In regard to your own pet, from my view (personally) I think that we choose to enter relationships with pets in the same way as we do with humans--that is to say, although we will strive to do what we can for someone we love, we must also accept the eventuality of our mortality.

Pets have a finite lifespan, much shorter than humans--one of the innate values of having pets as children is that it teaches us that our lives (and the lives of everything around us) are ephemeral in nature...but also that we should cherish the time we have together and not take it for granted. Again, my view is that while I'll do what I can to make my pets live long and happy and joyful lives, I won't purposefully try to extend their existence beyond what would be a natural lifetime simply out of my own (well-intended, if somewhat selfish) need for them to be in my life. :/ To that end, I'll make sure they are comfortable and happy and warm and loved into their last days, as painful as they might be.

But that's my personal perspective. I know some people are driven to do whatever they possibly can for their pet, because indeed they are a family member, and I can respect that choice.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-04-18 07:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »

It was, somewhat paradoxically, called "being a child."

Adults are dogshit.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-04-18 08:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
There isn't another vet you can take him to?

Hell, where I live, there are 3 vets for a population of about ~25k. 1 Animal Hospital plus 2 private practices.

3k, thats criminal.
No, not really.

Actually, that's pretty cheap.
Maybe in the States it is, you guys obviously been paying through NATO for our cheaper veterinarians. Here 3000€ would be concidered abnormal expensive. Depends on what kind of surgery we're talking about though. I only know prices for knee surgery ~€1000n hip you'll pay ~€3000 but thats the surgery itself, not an exam to see whats wrong.
Anyways I'd get a second or third opinion.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 08:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Here 3000€ would be considered abnormal expensive.
I don't know...

Then again, we have different viewpoints on value of money.

Maybe in the States it is, you guys obviously been paying through NATO for our cheaper veterinarians.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-04-18 08:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"I don't know no Nato, I don't talk about people I don't know behind their backs."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 08:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
"I don't know no Nato, I don't talk about people I don't know behind their backs."
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-04-18 10:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You know Nato Jenkins? Do you know Nato Jenkins??
By Ramyrez 2017-04-18 10:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he related to Cottoneyed Joe?

Sounds like he might be related to Cottoneyed Joe.

I'd feel bad for sharing this but this song has been a bane on my life since it came out and people in Pennsyltucky feel in love with it. I can't escape it and there's no reason I should suffer alone.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-04-18 10:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Crocodile Dundee.

The Aussie version and horrible attempt of a true badass.

Just like a smart Oklahoman, it just doesn't exist.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-04-18 13:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask other English teachers in city for advice to deal with a controlling and rule breaking home room teacher:

I've heard that foreign teachers are just there for pronunciation (pretty much a living cd player) and the Japanese teacher is there for grammar etc, is there any truth to that in your case?

Basically they're the proper teacher and you're more of a substitute that won't be treated as well

Just what I've heard of course, might not be the experience most have
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2017-04-18 13:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ello folks. I guess don't have much to say hello and hope all is well with folks.

Sorry to hear about your Pup problems Vyre. :(
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-04-18 13:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

I've heard that foreign teachers are just there for pronunciation (pretty much a living cd player) and the Japanese teacher is there for grammar etc, is there any truth to that in your case?

Basically they're the proper teacher and you're more of a substitute that won't be treated as well

Just what I've heard of course, might not be the experience most have

this reminds me of the tragic story of epicnamebro
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-04-18 14:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
epicnamebro

Don't know who that is
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-04-18 15:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-04-18 15:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

*** hell man.

Every god damn time there's a FFXIV update lately, I have to wait 24 hours after the *** thing's done before the client will update on my ps4, so I can't play the damn game until 3 AM tomorrow.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-04-18 15:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

*** hell man.

Every god damn time there's a FFXIV update lately, I have to wait 24 hours after the *** thing's done before the client will update on my ps4, so I can't play the damn game until 3 AM tomorrow.
Welp...

I was wondering what was wrong. Never seen this before.

Dun Scaith can suck my ***, gonna go play Skyrim.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-04-18 15:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Sounds like he might be related to Cottoneyed Joe.

I'd feel bad for sharing this but this song has been a bane on my life since it came out and people in Pennsyltucky feel in love with it. I can't escape it and there's no reason I should suffer alone.

Nato Jacobs*
First Page 2 3 ... 20811 20812 20813 ... 22712 22713 22714