Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20301 20302 20303 ... 22593 22594 22595
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-03 16:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The more I advance in dungeons the less patience people have it seems. I didn't understand a thing in Hullbreaker honestly and nobody bothered to say anything so whatever.
Did you ask questions? I mean, not that, that would have helped them to say anything, but a lot of times people just assume everyone knows what's what unless somebody is vocal about it. Of course, if you did say something, then they might have just gotten annoyed etc.
The playerbase is NOT constructive when it comes to progression/learning/teaching/etc. They'd rather get mad and say things like, "Why didn't you research this yourself?!"

Also though, Hullbreaker is one of my favorite dungeons.

First boss is the Gorilla, and he's pretty simple. The trees around the arena drop a bundle of bananas when you interact with them. When the gorilla gets hungry, he beats his chest, doing an arena wide AOE that gains strength and continuously pulses as he beats his chest, unless you distract and pacify him with bananas. The catch is that, the monkey adds that spawn will eat the bananas if you don't kill them first. That's literally everything about its mechanics, and it's pretty easy to steamroll these days.

Second boss is that Sloorm worm thing. Water worm. I don't remember the name. It just has a set rotation that it does. It burrows into the moist soil of the cavern, and will create water shockwaves towards a random party member. Then it comes up. Bubbles will spawn in the air. If you walk close to a bubble, it draws you in and holds you up in the air.

Every 2nd time the SLoorm burrows, it will do a, "Water Quake," or whatever. You have to get into a bubble when you see the ground change into a vortex, preferably a little before, to save yourself from taking damage.

When the Sloorm burrows again, it will do shockwaves towards one party member, and then towards another before surfacing. The Sloorm also does some AOEs when it burrows, I think it actually does them before burrowing for the water quake. But basically, anything you don't dodge in the Sloorm fight puts a water DOT on you that is permanent for the rest of the fight. Each successive AOE you take, whether it's a shockwave or a general aoe will add another stack of the DOT. That's it for Sloorm.

Third boss is the Kraken. Since you did already, I assume you already know about it, but you kill its tentacles and arms instead of its body/head. Basically, move around in any direction using the water spouts, and kill arms. When the tentacle appears, DOT it up fast/hit hard. The tentacle stuns and seizes a party member at random and throws them to a different island. At the same time, someone will get a green meteor icon over their head. That person needs to move away from people, or everyone moves away from him, and by moving away, I mean needs to get to another island. A water vortex is going to spawn on that person, which will then explode, dealing high damage and vulnerability up stacks to anyone who was on the island with it. The kraken's head will do an AOE that is called Inkblot or whatever. If ink hits you, your movement speed is slower, and you take a DOT. You can remove ink by using a water spout. Use of the water spouts puts a Suppuration debuff on you, which lowers maximum HP and increases damage taken temporarily. This is to prevent you from moving islands too quickly/too much. The fight ends when you've killed all arms and both tentacles, and since none of those things have very much HP, it's fairly uncommon to have any problems with the fight, even if a person or two dies to a tornado.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-03 16:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
First boss is the Gorilla
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 16:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is daijobu.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-03 16:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Harambe was easy, it's the other two that I didn't really get. Especially the worm was confusing af.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 16:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I always take my body armor off when fighting Harambe.

#titsoutforharambe
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-03 16:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway I always warn people that I'm new to a dungeon and that I'm learning as I go. But I had met a lot of nice people who explained me even unnecessary things, now instead in these higher lv dungeons it seems people get pissed even if you say hi with a ! too much.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-03 16:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want any dungeon boss tips, and the peoples in your dungeons are like the ones you had in Hullbreaker, just come ask here!

I play XIV too much, and I pretty much remember every boss. Except for the Godfather on 190 apparently. /deep sigh
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 16:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I greet people with "\o/" when greeted, otherwise I'm quiet.

...though sometimes I'll announce that I'm RPing "...as a complete screw-up and not doing mechanics, so please don't ruin my immersion."

I've also said I was RPing a non-binary treekin and done "/emote's branches sway gently." periodically throughout the battle.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-03 16:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

my friend got suspended the other day for not RPing in the middle of a group of RPers :^)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 16:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

....What?
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-12-03 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the infamous little girl in Hildibrand quest.. -_-
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-12-03 16:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-03 16:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, FF Mobius. where you have to work for your christmas gifts by either rerolling accounts 100s/1000s of times or advertise their game to get 150,000 new players for them. brilliant.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-03 17:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
There are several ways to take this.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping it's money and I'm winning the lottery.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-03 17:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 17:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

I see you, too, play Powerball.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-03 17:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you used some tissues or something because ewwwww.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-03 17:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cracking a bottle of red from 1999. Better be drinkable or ill have to go for 2016 beer.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 17:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ack, that guacamole is ready in the break room.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-03 17:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

schizm2 said: »

Name one, cause it doesn't make any sense to me..
1. The most direct one, Isack is talking about the new moderator position. They're about to pick the applicant.

2. Sexual Innuendo

3. The witty lottery/money joke Anna said.

4. Something green is approaching.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-03 17:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he is about to sneeze and his boogers are going to mess up the forums.
/Shrugs
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 17:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think making crowbars would be profitable, think about it:

Several jobs require crowbars, so people have to buy them for work, some criminals and murderers use crowbars. Many murderers have bought their crowbar while many thieves may either buy or steal theirs depending on how they became a thief and how desperate they are. So, the Average Joe buys his crowbar for work. Well, what happens if Thievin' Tom decides he's gonna go thievin' and needs a crowbar and steals it from Average Joe?

"Someone stole my crowbar, gotta go buy a new one." - Average Joe

PROFIT!

What happens if after Average Joe buys a new crowbar, he is laid off and the bills start piling up? Average Joe must turn to crime and thus he becomes a thief that bought his crowbar, as mentioned before. Average Joe and Thievin' Tom meet in the middle of a break-in and Joe recognizes his old crowbar, Joe beats Tom to death with his new crowbar but later succumbs to a traumatic brain injury at the hospital from his old, now Tom's, crowbar.

Ok, now think about Furious George, George is a married man, works in a factory making crowbars. George makes a pretty good living, is able to buy things for his wife, Jane, and young son David. One day Jane starts wanting, wanting a new car, wanting a bigger house, wanting breast implants, wanting new jewelry, wanting to renew her wedding vows, "Do you still love me George?" All this want starts to fester on George's mind so he decides to take a crowbar from work, which comes out of his paycheck because we aren't UNICEF. George goes home and snaps, and I think we know how the story ends.

George is arrested, the police seize the crowbar (murder weapon) and place it in evidence. The forensic people need to do forensic stuff so they go buy multiple crowbars.

PROFIT!

As for George & Jane's son, David, he goes to live with his grandmother who asks "Davy, when you grow up big and strong, what do you want to be?" and with a gleam of innocence in his eyes, David looks at his grandmother and says...

"I want to be a crowbar salesman, nana."
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-03 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't let your dreams be dreams kojo.
Don't let them be dreams...
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-03 18:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Crowbars used to be called Iron Crows or something. Also Lina's people call them Jimmy.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-03 18:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Crowbars used to be called Iron Crows or something. Also Lina's people call them Jimmy.
We do?
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-03 18:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

THE LAST OF US 2
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-03 18:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
We do?
That's what the wikipedia told me!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-03 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
We do?
That's what the wikipedia told me!
Good to see some of you guys reading up on the noble crowbar.
First Page 2 3 ... 20301 20302 20303 ... 22593 22594 22595