Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20053 20054 20055 ... 22717 22718 22719
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 22:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
this is what i hear every time my phone blips at me and when i check the alert it's software update or low battery.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I had that audio for a bit, but then it glitched and stopped working a few phones ago and have since misplaced it. I should dig around for it.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 22:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

I mean convenience stores and their products are not known for being environmentally friendly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 23:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Was grinding through CoP all morning, did the last fight, but... BUT I have to wait for JP midnight before I can talk to Cid....

Some people thought they did away with all of the JP midnight stuff but he wasn't doing the CS ....

WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF?

The vast majority are eliminated or cut back to hour waits, try again in a game day. I am apparently a masochist, I'd like to do CoP again with the level caps.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 23:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware, I tore through them awhile back. I'd just like to do them again capped with a group, I think it would be fun.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 23:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I need to finish Rhapsodies, I've done the rest (short of all of the add on scenarios), doing ToAU and WoTG with 3 characters at once was fun, would have been more enjoyable probably if I did them with somebody else and/or was better, but hey.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-10-15 23:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
who here is CN in steam? :o

Oh sorry, Misa, that's me. :p *few pages late and several dollars short, as always*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-15 23:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q&A

Q: Anything they learned while creating the Alexander raids?

Alexander, and the concept of stopping time: Devs learned a lot and going to use this experience in future raids.
Another point: Cruise Chaser with the QTE jumping onto and jumping off the chaser, dev team had trouble getting used to this during testing. Originally there were multiple ways to jump off, but found it to be too hard so made it any button to jump off.

Q: Storyline: System doesn't really acknowledge healers. Options of getting character class choices more engaged in the story?

With Stormblood, there will be situations where the story will have more branches and dialog options depending on your job. Although in some situations, there may be some limitation on what skills could be used, I.e. Healers maybe can't revive a dead NPC during combat.

Q: Dark Knight: Any plans to adjust Unleash in PVE?

I missed this question;

Quoting /u/Badbarista86 in another thread).

There will be changes to skills which end auto attack(Unleash / bind) , in pvp they will leave auto attack on, but in pve it will stay the same

Live thread update by /u/reseph:

Lots of feedback on this already, 3.45 auto attack will go back to how it was per this skill

Comment by /u/VoidWyvern:

Currently Unleash ends auto attacks in both PvP and PvE. The reason stated was the auto attack would end the newly added bind effect it has. Fan feedback was that the change for PvP was understandable but the change was not very well liked in PvE. Yoshi mentioned hearing the feedback and that while PvP Unleash will have the same effect of ending the auto attacks (remains unchanged), PvE Unleash will be changed later.

Q: Squadrons: 8 recruits but only 1 mission that only takes 4 recruits? Why not 2 missions?

Doing that would take a lot of work, system-wise it is possible. Going to discuss with dev team to see if it could be implemented.
Dungeon content: Working on this feature, can choose 3 recruits to join you dungeons. Getting AI perfect is taking a lot of time. Can't promise that they can join you in all dungeons. Situations where the player is 'grabbed' by mobs will happen less, because it would confuse the AI, I.e. Yoshi: "No more Satasha."

Q: Why is the duel area called a circle but it's actually square? Different for JP and English versions?

English version is different due to historic reasons (Old English, duelling rings). Going to pass onto dev team though, might change.

Q: Squadrons: new recruits only display stats, why can't we talk to them (interview)?

Internally we estimated how much text would be needed for this, but it was too big to use ingame. Internal check for text and development concluded would've pushed back Squadrons to 2017. But we know players want this, so maybe we can add this over time in the next few patches.

Q: Housing: Exterior/Internal Fixtures, why can't we re-use them instead of them being destroyed?

We have a limited amount of housing data. Because of the amount of save data already, it's restricted to one save slot, and unfortunately it's impossible to carry over fixtures you've used previously. The housing team is working on the 4th residential district in 4.0, also concentrating on increasing number of furniture slots. Once this is done, we can think about addressing this. Future increases in furniture/outside item slots and other related changes can solve this.
New Paissa housing exterior. - Cottage > http://i.imgur.com/9F2Ozcx.png, -missed medium house- , Large house > http://i.imgur.com/MW3Nyl2.png; Yoshi: "If you like this, please destroy your chocobo house."

Q: What's the status of the Egi glamour system?

Development in underway and plan to implement it soon. Should be ready for patch 3.5. Carbuncle first, then maybe different colours, Titan, Garuda.

Q: Duels: Duels are great, but what about cooldowns being reset between duels to allow several duels in a row?

Will look into it, but need to make sure it can't be abused.

Q: Raids: Some savage gear (and other gear) is not dyeable. Will it be in the future?

We didn't have enough resources to allow this. What we mean is for the gear from Gordias and Midas of Alex, we couldn't do this due to system limitations, and couldn't allow for a different design for savage gear. After fanfest, Yoshi will ask the team to see if this can be adjusted, but character team is proud of their work and they want to give players what they want but with their workload (Ail Saints' Wake: http://i.imgur.com/EduQH67.png, pants and boots already ingame, new mount: http://i.imgur.com/OROAy1D.png, Starlight design: http://i.imgur.com/QGhQ8XP.png) it would be very hard.

Q: Raids: A12S already cleared within 2 days. Will savage raids be more difficult in the future? 3rd difficulty tier for 4.0?

We expected it would be cleared in this sort of time frame. Main concept was to not make it too hard, wanted as many players as possible to experience it. Yes experienced players finished it quicker, but we wanted good amount of players to enjoy it. Stormblood raid(s): Difficulty hard to explain. Because of upcoming changes in 4.0; New level cap, new skills, and revamped battle system, it's hard to compare future raids to current ones. If it becomes obvious it's not hard enough, might consider adding harder (challenge) for hardcore players.

Q: Wondrous Tails: RNG for higher rewards seems too random. Could we ever be able to spend second chance points to move a sticker to a certain position?

Yoshi: No. Can understand why, but compare it to a lottery scratch card; You can't undo that. The RNG is why such good rewards are able to be offered. If we did add something like this, we wouldn't be able to have such good rewards. It's only been 3 weeks, 3 times/books avaiable since it's been released, can understand why, but please play it more.

Q: Apartments: Will we be able to have windows or balconies, a way to look outside? Rooftop space?

Yoshi jokingly goes to walk off the stage "Sorry, too many questions!"
Dev team will kill him no matter what he says; Windows certainly possible. Rooftop space is possible to make but certain things like looking out from your apartment window, people seeing you outside is very unlikely. Things like players using a rooftop space, setting off fireworks that can be seen and so on, is a really good idea. Thinking about it possibly for some time in 4.X.

Q: Apartments: Personal airship workshops for private housing in the future?

Yoshi: "No". Airships created specifically for FCs'. Will continue to update company crafting content. Solo players being able to do this will take about from the social aspect it brings to FCs'.

Q: Quality seems to have improved with events and instanced battles, especially since HW release. How was this achieved?

3.X patch series Yoshi telling dev team; don't want parties to get lost or split up in instanced dungeons. Realise that parties are doing this repetitively for rewards (tomes), so wanted it to be <20 minutes to complete. But using this concept over and over means the experience gets stale for the players. Tried hard to make each dungeon unique and exciting to keep players engaged, good example being the latest dungeons in 3.4. Using a lot of resources for 3.5 and beyond dungeons;
First dungeon (thanks /u/PM-Me-Your-Doodles) 24-man raid in 3.5 will be a battle on an airship, "Be careful not to fall!". Last boss will be awesome because "Mr. Ozma" (Battle Content designer: Masaki Nakagawa) is making it.

Q: Cutscenes: In 3.4, dialogue is different depending on previous choices. Would is be possible to view the alternate outcomes, maybe using The Unending Journey for this?

We can't do that: Currently you can rewatch quests using The Unending Journey. The way it works is the system checks the player story line progression save data, but cannot check what quests have actually been completed. Quest team isn't satisfied with this system either, will look into solutions although it might take a lot of time.
Another similar point: Some players want to reset their progress and start over: "If we did that, it would mean absolutely everything would reset to 0%", emphasis on everything. Yoshi is unsure if this would actually be a good thing. Would create a big workload for QA team, but will take the idea to them.

Q: Sophia: Outfit is beautiful. Will we be able to obtain this outfit in game?

Currently working on making a bunny suit (for male characters?). Finished working on the *** (donkey, lol). Also get requests for a Y'da Edda costume.
Sophia: Not yet, other stuff first, then maybe.

Q: Sophia: Skin tone is different from FF6. What's the reason for this?

Yoshi: "It was too sexy? lol". In Eorzean lore and Primal lore, summoned primals take the shape of those that summon them based on their beliefs and expectations. Those who summoned her expected this, and so it was.

Q: Deep dungeon PotD, 3.45/3.5: What can we expect?

Recap of previously talked about points: PotD increased to 200. New weapons. New stories. New bosses. Ranking: Job based, and other factors = what floor, how much hoard, what bosses and so on, contributes to overall individual ranking score. Slides:
Album thanks to /u/Zamaruki, http://imgur.com/a/Z4vpj
http://i.imgur.com/QLyTixD.jpg: this floor is "where hell starts", players looking for a challenge should play this. Koji: "you need that pheonix down". Yoshi tested this himself and it was very hard.
New bosses: http://i.imgur.com/KbJLVqg.jpg
New music: some tracks might be familiar to those who played Tactics and FF12. Wants it to feel much more like a final fantasy experience. Post about the music by /u/Aurvant: /r/ffxiv/comments/57p6xv/345_spoilers_palace_of_the_dead_floor_100_boss/

Merchandise

Lore Book $50: available Monday, Oct. 17th. Bonus item: Namingway minion.
Should be available in JP store eventually, pending.

Calendar, $29.99: available Monday, Oct. 17th. Artwork made especially for the calendar.

Odin Figurine, US: $139.99, EU: €134.99: Pre-orders begin Monday, Oct. 17th. Bonus item: Zantetsuken emote.

Duality OST, $39.99: available Wednesday, Dec. 7. Includes Piano arrangements, band arrangements for primals. Blu-ray disc with MP3 files. Bonus items: Two Orchestrion rolls.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-15 23:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Please spoiler that thing, son.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-15 23:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Neigh
By Jetackuu 2016-10-16 00:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Neigh

Dude, I said please...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-16 00:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-10-16 00:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna nuke your furry ***.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-10-16 00:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*Shoots Josi*
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-16 00:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-16 01:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

!!!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-10-16 01:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

where is drac. i need that thing where it looked like heavensward as an snes rpg. i think it was from where the tataru plushie came out.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-16 01:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-10-16 02:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ty
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-16 06:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Skype freezes, I have to close it and log back in and Microsoft suspends my account due to suspicious activity. This has gotten very, very old and I'm out of my usual passwords. So what the ***?
By Bloodrose 2016-10-16 06:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

try using Kojoruthven as your password.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20053 20054 20055 ... 22717 22718 22719