Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20020 20021 20022 ... 22716 22717 22718

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-09 09:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the Iron Banner with Dameion and Isack last night. It was a lot easier this time around than ever before. Like, I'm sure I missed a few cycles, but the very first Iron Banner, and even the second Iron Banner were *** stupid hard to rank up for.

Compared to that, this one was like a walk in the park. They lowered the diffilculty of all the bounties, and upped the reputation gains from them between x3 and x7ish. You gotta get 5 ranks, but it's just like, walk into the PVP. If you're stinky cheese, lose 5 times. As long as you win after that, you get a huuuuuuuuge, no a yuuuuuuuge reputation boost. The boost is higher the lower your rank is. After losing 4 matches last night, and then winning a 5th, my 2nd character I'm doing it on got +1700 rep. Pass Go, collect $200.

The bounties themselves are worth +750, and they give you 4 of them to complete. Even if you are stinky cheese, you just have to compete and complete 20 Iron Banners matches, and you'll finish them all. You finish faster if you win, but the bounties are essentially worth the first 3 rank ups, and there's only 5 ranks to get in the IB, so yeah.

I thought when I went to go do this with Dameion I would be in for an evening of salt. Instead it was almost carefree. I mean, I still got salty because that's just how I am with Destiny PVP, but I never got red in the face angry.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-09 09:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Holy ***, tonight's DBS was great. Kinda dark, kinda gay, kinda DBZ, all in one package.
Oh yeah also!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-09 09:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I'm not allowed to post the message that prompted my reply,...

Your message has touched me in special places and filed my evil heart with joy. May the fires of hated guide and keep you and burn your enemies and their moldy houses to ashes. You have earned a seat of honor in the boycott thread. Join me! We will march on a road of bones

Love,
Nikolce
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-09 09:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosopagnosia

I didn't know this was a thing.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2016-10-09 10:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just how did you end up to that page?? Do I even want to know?
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-09 10:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »

New Shitstorm video. They were talking about how Brad Pitt aparently has the condition.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-09 10:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why ask if at all if you didn't on some level? :P
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-09 10:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wrote a post and then instead of going to hit submit, I went to close the page for no reason.

Oh well, it wasn't important.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-10-09 10:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
.-. How about this for an idea....

They should take people in different age groups and have them perform self learning about subjects in either Wiki or Google.

Wiki being structured, Google as free form but have them learn about subjects and then test each group to see how much they retain versus how much did they learn about that particular subject.

We are heading this way in the future, would like to gauge that into education studies.

I'll bet in the end, the people that learned using Google would know more due to keying in on their preference of studying habits and might retain it better.

Just having facts after facts thrown at you will only get you to repeat the information.

Still it's just an idea.

I get the impression that only certain personality types are prone to being comfortable learning as autodidacts (you certainly strike me as one of those types LOL!) :p Others naturally respond better to structured learning systems (syllabi, overviews, subject-progression, etc.) than simply deep-diving into and picking-apart what may initially be very complex concepts.

I think everyone to a degree, though, likes self-enrichment at their own pace through online searchable databases, whether on side-subjects related to their main vocations or for enthusiast pursuits and hobbies (or I guess, um...prurient interests.) :)

That being said, I suspect a Wiki group would end up being very well-versed in specific terminology related to their studies (especially for esoteric terms like "ASMR" which originate on the internet or through online zeitgeist in the first place and not from a scientific source) whilst the Google group would end up being very well-versed in the universality of Rule 34, a lot of second-hand forum-board misinformation, and rehashed content farmed data of dubious value. :p
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-10-09 10:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »

New Shitstorm video. They were talking about how Brad Pitt aparently has the condition.
thats actually a little terrifying
By Jetackuu 2016-10-09 10:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I have heard of people that started off at community college and transferred to OSU to graduate so they can claim to be OSU alumni.

>.>

Why would anyone want to claim to be that?

But what's wrong with that? CC>4 year through a transfer is very common, too bad it's not the norm.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-10-09 10:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat season 11, tho.
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-10-09 11:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

God bless you omar
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-09 11:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Westworld is great!!
By Grumpy Cat 2016-10-09 11:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
remembering people (especially when you're famous) is a very difficult task, priorities and such..

also, maybe he just doesn't care (too many vacas/smoke/drink).

It makes me wonder if I have something similar to this. I am no good at putting names to faces. At school I remember room numbers and trouble calls the same way a person would recall a name and the conversations they have with another human being.

Someone will say "Oh Mrs. Havens is having her usual issues again." and I am clueless until they say "Room 314, the..." "OH YEAH the projector with the extra long power cable that weighs it down to the screen is off center."

Could it be that I have some sort of brain condition that causes that?

Or much more likely do I just detest human beings and care more about computers and equipment than them?
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-09 11:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I have heard of people that started off at community college and transferred to OSU to graduate so they can claim to be OSU alumni.

>.>

Why would anyone want to claim to be that?

But what's wrong with that? CC>4 year through a transfer is very common, too bad it's not the norm.
Nothing wrong with it, just don't go to a cheaper CC then transfer to a well-known college for graduation just to brag about graduating from OU or OSU.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-09 11:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
ASMR
Don't talk ***about ASMR. >.>
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-09 12:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Could it be that I have some sort of brain condition that causes that?
I think I mentioned before, but I have trouble telling faces apart. Not like in the condition above thankfully, but to me most faces just look the same so I confuse them easily. In my case it's related to autism though.
Autism is a pretty wide spectrum, maybe you fall somewhere in there, or maybe you're just very distracted and don't pay attention.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-09 12:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, there appear to be 2-3 different versions of Fiend, Sephirot's theme.

Retreat where lesser men lead
Flee from what you do not see
Concede your place in history
Turn away
Turn away

Heed the dark within your being
Turn away
Disobey

Concede your mind unto the fiend
Turn away
Debts are paid

Orchestrion version: 1, 2

Warring Triad - Sephirot version: 2, 2

I assume there's a full, extended version that has all three. I don't recall hearing 1 prior to Drac playing it in his FC house and I don't recall hearing 3 at all.

EDIT: I put those, 1-3, in order I assume they would be in a full version. 1 strikes me as giving up one's legacy, 2 turning evil, and 3 giving into a primal's tempering.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-09 12:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
her name is Cox
Kekekeke...
[+]
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-10-09 12:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aggroed all the gigas in zone to make that stupid comment <.<
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-09 12:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
her name is Cox
Kekekeke...
The company I get cable and internet from is called Cox Communications. Always made me giggle internally to have an issue and someone in the house says "I'm calling Cox."
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-09 12:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately Cox can't solve every problem.

Ok I'll stop
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-09 12:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to know a guy in high school whose first name could be shortened to *** (though he never went by it or said shortened version) and his last name was the word "fist" in another language which led to his nickname "***-Fist"
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-10-09 12:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Unfortunately Cox can't solve every problem.

Ok I'll stop
Their slogan used to be "your friend in the digital age" so the TV ads said "Cox, your friend in the digital age." ...and then I giggled.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20020 20021 20022 ... 22716 22717 22718