Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18128 18129 18130 ... 22715 22716 22717
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXIV
By Terrah Crystal 2015-10-25 22:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That is part of the reason why I stopped playing XIV (thrice) now. The 'same ole' routine got incredibly stale for my tastes, and other games (even XI) have had me more interested

Ope, paged.

How about some FFVI love?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-25 22:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
A lot of improvements could be made, XIV has this issue where there is this gap of BiS to " meh" because the second best thing is 10-15 ilvs lower leaving you with only two top ilv options to aim for, everyone ends up wearing the same gear. That's why glamours are such a success.

I think anyone coming from XI is going to feel some dissatisfaction with the itemization of XIV. That isn't even XIV's fault - that's how most games handle it, but we're used to sidegrades and situational pieces actually mattering because of in-combat gear swaps.

I wanted to love XIV so badly. What finally killed it for me was the fact that you couldn't just do endgame with your friends, unless your friends were all "tall enough to ride the ride"; there was no place to hide a subpar group member. Which meant your choice was to either fail time and time again, spending hours practicing, or replace them.

I maintain a XIV account so I can get patch files, but I expect I probably won't ever play it again in any real earnest, and that bums me out.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 22:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if they'd stop doing the weekly lockout stuff, it'd be a little better. I play MCN, WHM, and SCH. Yes, if they remove the lockout people will gear faster but people will also be able to gear their multiple jobs and fulfill multiple roles as well as repeat content more for "that one drop" or for other jobs which would mean more activity.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 22:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
A lot of improvements could be made, XIV has this issue where there is this gap of BiS to " meh" because the second best thing is 10-15 ilvs lower leaving you with only two top ilv options to aim for, everyone ends up wearing the same gear. That's why glamours are such a success.

I think anyone coming from XI is going to feel some dissatisfaction with the itemization of XIV. That isn't even XIV's fault - that's how most games handle it, but we're used to sidegrades and situational pieces actually mattering because of in-combat gear swaps.

I wanted to love XIV so badly. What finally killed it for me was the fact that you couldn't just do endgame with your friends, unless your friends were all "tall enough to ride the ride"; there was no place to hide a subpar group member. Which meant your choice was to either fail time and time again, spending hours practicing, or replace them.

I maintain a XIV account so I can get patch files, but I expect I probably won't ever play it again in any real earnest, and that bums me out.
I'm not real hard core, I don't want to be, I want to chill with people. I'm not sure why they don't just allow you to have a difficulty slider rather than separate tiers of the same ***.
By Terrah Crystal 2015-10-25 22:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to hardcore XI and even at times I got bored of the same old routine with what XIV is now. I'm kinda glad I didn't spend the money for more of the same from HW.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-10-25 22:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that boss rush was way easier than I expected. Max medals on everything except the Rufus fight, and I only lost medals on that because I ran out of abilities and had to chip away at him towards the end.
Guard Scorpion was down in no time thanks to Thundaga slapping him down for max damage each hit, Stop made Air Buster absolutely pathetic, and Sample H0152 was just plain piss weak.

I can only hope Jenova will be as forgiving. ._.;
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2015-10-25 22:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

One more off day, then 2 morning shifts.

And my moms like "I'm waking you up at 9..."

and I'm like ....
By Bloodrose 2015-10-25 22:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2015-10-25 22:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

10M Strong... and growing

(Flintsones approved)
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-10-25 23:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fallout Shelter O_O I wish I had tried this earlier.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-25 23:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

After you get ~150 dwellers it gets boring fast.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-10-26 00:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »

After you get ~150 dwellers it gets boring fast.

Only 13 atm lol
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-26 00:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Set up your vault right from the beginning. Get your food and housing down deep and your power plants up high. Get an elevator at the far right as well because death claws will tear you up without it, and don't join more than 2 rooms until you get some leveled up dwellers with good weapons.
 Leviathan.Alvar
Server: Leviathan
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2015-10-26 06:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning RT :3
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-26 06:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people get burned out in XIV because they just do one type of content over and over, they never try other things or do stuff with their friends even if it's not the latest content

You did that stuff in XI but never in XIV for some reason

"Hey wanna do xx for some glamour pieces?"

"Nah, why would I do old content"

I do a lot of Frontlines and I had a ton of fun with my friend yesterday since we do voice chat while we do it and we teamed up and got a lot of kills together
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-26 07:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They delayed a well due major update by 3 months, there's pretty strong grounds for upsetting.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-26 07:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What who??? where????
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-10-26 07:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I thought the RoZ/CoP/ToAU were at least mostly complete when they were released?
CoP and ToAU both went on for like a year and a half or something lol. ToAU there wasn't even a quest fight when it was released, just a few CSs.

Work picked up for me too. I love playing XIV, what I DON'T like are weekly caps. I feel like Eso gear could be handled much better. For example, add drops to A and S rank hunts. Not only Eso gear but also NM drops that you can only get from that Hunt.

EDIT: To clarify; I got very VERY burnt out doing an annoying routine everyday.

Hunt LSs were fun but not when the mob dies in 10 seconds about the time everyone zones in. I think that Hunt mobs should have higher HP.

Personally I'm ok with the weekly lock outs, in truth the way XI handled it bothered me more. Every day I didn't do dynamis past my lock out, or limbus, or didn't spend my assault tags, or do a salvage and so on and so forth felt like a wasted opportunity to me. The weekly lock out may suck if you want to gear up fast, but at least I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I go a couple days without playing the game.

Also, NMs NEED to make a return. Not hunts, NMs. SE can figure out how to make them competitive.
Pretty sure that's a large part of the idea behind the isles this patch isn't it?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-26 08:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy with the update we're getting though, the new content in this patch seems like it'll keep us busy for a while. Unless you're like Kali and zerg everything fully in a week

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-26 08:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people get burned out in XIV because they just do one type of content over and over, they never try other things or do stuff with their friends even if it's not the latest content

You did that stuff in XI but never in XIV for some reason

Because some older contents in FFXI still offers relevant gears, that's why it's still worth doing.
 leo
By leo 2015-10-26 08:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
I thought the RoZ/CoP/ToAU were at least mostly complete when they were released?
CoP and ToAU both went on for like a year and a half or something lol. ToAU there wasn't even a quest fight when it was released, just a few CSs.

Work picked up for me too. I love playing XIV, what I DON'T like are weekly caps. I feel like Eso gear could be handled much better. For example, add drops to A and S rank hunts. Not only Eso gear but also NM drops that you can only get from that Hunt.

EDIT: To clarify; I got very VERY burnt out doing an annoying routine everyday.

Hunt LSs were fun but not when the mob dies in 10 seconds about the time everyone zones in. I think that Hunt mobs should have higher HP.

Personally I'm ok with the weekly lock outs, in truth the way XI handled it bothered me more. Every day I didn't do dynamis past my lock out, or limbus, or didn't spend my assault tags, or do a salvage and so on and so forth felt like a wasted opportunity to me. The weekly lock out may suck if you want to gear up fast, but at least I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything if I go a couple days without playing the game.

Also, NMs NEED to make a return. Not hunts, NMs. SE can figure out how to make them competitive.
Pretty sure that's a large part of the idea behind the isles this patch isn't it?

SE learned to not leave assets visible on the data to avoid spoilers. I remember back in 2004 when people found Fenrir assets on the game data and it ruined the surprise months before Fenrir was made obtainable as a summon. So every expansion they released they only had big files on the disc (music data, zones and such) but with the advance of internet capability and bandwidth even that was reduced.

The standalone Windows Adoulin installer was like 250 megabytes big. Of course, it was basic barebones, like a couple music songs and the very first five zones (East/West Adoulin, Rala waterways area, Ceizak battlegrounds and Yahse hunting grounds).

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-26 08:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Invited to two halloween parties...thinking a witch outfit.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-26 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Like scary witch, or...?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-26 08:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't put a Skele-ton of effort into it. It'll hurt your skull.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-26 09:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That would just be all kinds of Magic there Josiah.

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-10-26 09:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://gematsu.com/gallery/dissidia-final-fantasy-arcade/october-26-2015/

Mmmm.

First Page 2 3 ... 18128 18129 18130 ... 22715 22716 22717