Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17534 17535 17536 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-17 19:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-17 19:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-17 19:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's disturbing
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-17 19:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

kupo
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2015-06-17 21:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm... lovely day today.

Got almost no sleep last night, woke up feeling like crap and all stuffed up, migraine the bulk of the day, got stuck in traffic for 3 hours this morning on my way home, accidently over drafted my account by my own stupidity, and then got turned down from the last 3 fire stations I had applied for all in the same day.

Yup. A bullet sounds like a lovely dinner right now.
 Seraph.Dreadnot
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Dreadnot 2015-06-17 22:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

11:16pm

Temperature: 83°F Feels Like 91° Humidity 78%

*** you, Florida. This is miserable.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-17 22:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Might interest some people

Dummied Locations

Two dummied battlegrounds appear in the game, one being dummied because it only appears in test battles not playable in the final release, while the other is not used even then. Both of these battlegrounds are pure black. The battleground used for test enemies is not empty in the original Japanese release, instead the battleground features an orange sky and a Shinra logo on the ground.

There is also a cave visible in the Corel Valley forest exit area that has a vine leading up to it, but the cave does not have exit data, and the vine has no climb data. It is unknown what purpose the cave served, however it is indicated that it was originally the exit of the Ancient Forest due to the dummied dialogue from Bone Village, an unrelated location, but also the order of the fields in-game, which are almost entirely in visit-order, place the Ancient Forest fields after the Sleeping Forest fields (which are after the Bone Village fields).

Many rooms use texts intended to be displayed in the menu that never get displayed, while others use them, but the menu can never be accessed in the area. This includes the area where Dyne is found, which is called "Dyne", and the area where Seto can be seen, which is called "Cet Wall". There are also two regions of the world map that have names in the menu, but can never be visited naturally: in the sea areas, the location name reads "Bottom of the Sea", while if the player were on the Great Glacier area, the location name would read "Glacier". The former, "Bottom of the Sea", can actually be read if the player uses a GameShark code to remove the water, and then run into where the ocean would be and open the menu.

Many rooms are never used. An area identical to the inside of the Cargo Ship exists without the cargo. A different angle of the place in Northern Crater where Sephiroth's body is found on the first visit in Part 2 also exists. The location has "Aerith's Theme" playing in the background, which helped fuel rumors of Aeris originally being intended to die at Northern Cave.

Honey Bee Inn

The Honey Bee Inn in Wall Market has many dummied rooms and characters, as well as some scenes and even a music file. The bulk of this was dummied early and can only be unearthed from the original Japanese version of Final Fantasy VII.

Dummied Story Scenes

There are many scenes that have dialogue in the game data, but do not ever occur in the game, such as Cait Sith explaining to the party what Sephiroth Clones are, and a more detailed scene involving Johnny and his departure from the slums. When the player is at the Marshes each character present will have a line of text and despite not being available at this point, Yuffie has a line as well which will never be seen in a normal playthrough of the game. The speech can still be seen by utilizing the Skipping the Midgar Zolom Scene Glitch. If Cid is in the party when the party first visits Nibelheim, he will comment on the town being there even if it was supposed to have burned down, but it is impossible to get Cid into the party for this scene as he is only recruited later at Rocket Town. Characters' lines given in scenes also have a priority, with the character with highest priority in the current party speaking their line for a given situation. Thus, characters with the lowest priority never say their lines under normal circumstances.

How summons came to be is never explained within the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII releases or media, but there exist dummied lines in the original Final Fantasy VII by Sephiroth in the Temple of the Ancients who explains that during the times of the Ancients there were beings created by the Planet that sealed their life energy in Materia. It is suggested the creatures that protect the Temple were created by the Planet, and it could be assumed the Red Dragon turns itself into the Bahamut Materia upon defeat.

Dummied dialogue suggests a person in Bone Village gives details on the puzzles in Ancient Forest. The dialogue would allow the player to find information about Pitcher Plants (ウツボカズラ, Utsubokazura?) (which carry insects and launch the character), "Big Eaters" (大喰らい, Ō Kurai?) (not translated in the English version, shut and damage the player when ran over), and Inchworms (しゃくとり虫, Shakutori Mushi?) (the pink bouncy rope-like things that can be jumped onto). A dialogue-option for Scent Balls (くす玉草, Kusudama Kusa?) (which neutralize Big Eaters) exists, but no dialogue for its explanation exists in the data.

Dummied Items

A further two items were at one point intended to be in the game: dialogue in Cosmo Canyon suggests that a Telpostone (a mistranslation of Teleport Stone) could be obtained in the Item Store. During the flashback in Kalm Cloud's mother would have given Cloud a "Homemade Potion!". The dialogue for this is still found in the game.

Many differences made in the North American and PAL release that didn't appear in the Japanese version were still present on the game disc. Though the Diamond Weapon battle doesn't take place in the Japanese version, the item stolen from it, the Rising Sun weapon for Yuffie, can be found hidden in the data.

A number of unused Materia are present on the original Japanese game disc. A Materia literally translated as Underwater Breath had no effect, and Booster is a blue Materia with unknown effects. The yellow Law Materia was a merge of Coin Toss and Throw. Designated green Materia existed for Barrier, MBarrier, and Wall, and the latter required the Materia to be Level 2 before learning the spell. Each of these Materia exist in the North American and PAL version, untranslated but still present in the data. The exception is the Underwater Breath Materia, given a use during the Emerald Weapon battle as Underwater to remove the 20 minute time limit.

The Mystery Panties key item exists in the game data, but cannot be obtained. It was intended to be one of three items the player could have obtained in the Honey Bee Inn sidequest.

A sidequest was removed from the game involving a Traveling Salesman in Gongaga. The character would ask the player to deliver two key items, the "Letter to Wife" and the "Letter to Daughter". He was meant to give a hint on the location of the Titan Materia, and since no other indication is given in the game, the Titan Materia can be difficult to find without a guide. Information in the game data indicates the locked chest in Kalm was meant to contain the Titan Materia, which implies it was moved for the Traveling Salesman sidequest before it was cut from the final game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Dreadnot
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Dreadnot 2015-06-18 00:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

*Looks at steam games list*

>opens friends list and sets it to offline.

>hits play on Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-06-18 00:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My body is ready.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-18 00:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing some Final Fantasy IX if anyone wants to stop by <33

http://www.twitch.tv/kalilaviolette
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-18 04:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

To everyone that watched my FF9 stream tonight, I spent an hour or so after the stream working on the Video settings and I found settings that work perfect for me, and it looks so much better.

Sorry about the laggy issues, and all the tweaking, and settling with a pixely video plugin, but for now on it should look a lot better.

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-18 06:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is interested in DS3 news, I highly recommend you read the post describing the closed door Demo of Dark Souls 3.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31145/dark-souls-bloodborne/179/#2918298

or just open the spoiler below.

Dark Souls III

Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-18 07:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you who are playing FFXIV on PC. You can start DLing it now via the launcher.

8365.08 MB
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-18 07:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

T9 savage video if anyone is bored and wants to watch me be bad at warrior!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-18 07:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dreadnot said: »
*Looks at steam games list*

>opens friends list and sets it to offline.

>hits play on Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
heh, I just bought that.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-18 08:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed Kali streaming FFIX...

So mean, waiting till I went to bed...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-18 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the expansion would be larger than 8.8ish GB
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-18 08:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-18 09:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I thought the expansion would be larger than 8.8ish GB

Nah 8.8 gig seems right most of the crap on exp CDs is patches from before that content came out. It's done to limit the amount of patching you need to do before playing.

Also my DL finished. To toggle on Direct X 11 you have to go into the config in the launcher and switch the Direct X 11 Support to On.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-18 09:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The said to have 30 GB free space though, that's why I thought it would be larger. Maybe when they open up the rest of the stuff like new frontline/alexander?

My patch keeps failing because of some stupid error so I have to restart it constantly lol. Speed is fine but that error is annoying
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-18 09:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
The said to have 30 GB free space though, that's why I thought it would be larger. Maybe when they open up the rest of the stuff like new frontline/alexander?

My patch keeps failing because of some stupid error so I have to restart it constantly lol. Speed is fine but that error is annoying
Maybe, also

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-18 09:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When I have about 1 GB it says "patch error" or something with a bunch of numbers and I have to restart lol, like the 5th time now
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-18 09:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So much faster than FFXI. @w@
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-18 09:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, didn't take long to download :0
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-18 09:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-18 09:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You foreigners and your fast Internets >_>

HW OST: Here we go.
Found it on BG. Sadly they aren't named =/ ~3bf47cc2.mp3 is Dragonsong though.

If what I think is the primals music they totally suck ; ; It's like listening to Russian music. I'm pretty sure that Ravanas is that at least trying to figure out which ones are Bismark.

BLM Stuff:
Fire IV 280 Potency 3s Cast less mana cost then Fire.
More then likely when Enochians up thunder III and Firestarter procs go out the window.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-18 10:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-18 10:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god .... Prepare for being annoyed by MCH every time you try to tank ....

Blank - Deals damage with a potency of 100. 30s CD.
Additional Effect: 15-yalm knockback
First Page 2 3 ... 17534 17535 17536 ... 22713 22714 22715