Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17503 17504 17505 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-11 04:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And, no, it was not my idea.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-11 04:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Again, the claims of nepotism have nothing to do with this case. Secondly there was bias, KN was threatened before and he was the only one punished for what equates to not just blocking Jet which Jet was also guilty of. Blocking is imperfect but it does help.
I'm under no requirement to block a user, nor should one expect that harassment not be reported.
You don't see the issue with what you just said? People *** with you because you let them *** with you. Your reaction is their incentive.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-11 04:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the idea was fielded by numerous people, and the necessity of community <> moderator communication is imperative, particularly considering how poor it's been over the last few months.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-11 04:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not going to be needed often anyway, and even then not everyone is going to want to bring it to a public thread.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-11 04:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, the claims of nepotism have nothing to do with this case. Secondly there was bias, KN was threatened before and he was the only one punished for what equates to not just blocking Jet which Jet was also guilty of.
Blocking is imperfect but it does help.
I'm under no requirement to block a user, nor should one expect that harassment not be reported.
You don't see the issue with what you just said? People *** with you because you let them *** with you. Your reaction is their incentive.

There is no issue with what I just said.

If you want to discuss it, you know where my inbox is.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-11 05:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't waste my time.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-11 05:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't waste my time.
Thought as much.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-11 05:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The last word shall be mine.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-11 05:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Harassment to me translates to "my feels hurt" It is a vague definition. That varies from person to person.

If you are in a political forum harassment is to be expected. It says at the very start of the thread if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. You have an idea that things will get heated.

"If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen; if you prove you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, you may be removed from it. You are responsible for what you post."

I think the moderation should be as light as possible in the P and R section.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-11 06:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think P and R is bad you should log on to Facebook right around November 2016. All your feminist friends will come of of the woodwork to support Hillary !

Now back to random anime which doesn't interest me at all !

By Fyyvoaa 2015-06-11 06:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-11 06:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Back from having breakfast, I wish I still had my Pokemon card collection.
[+]
Server: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-11 07:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sure let's complain about drama by bringing it here.

Also everyone knows what Chaosx is implying and it was proven over and over it was wrong.
.....Really?

Then why did your avatar get changed? Seha I'm going to be blunt here, but you're not the angel you claim to be in your post. You've brought plenty of drama here yourself just like anybody else.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-11 07:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-11 07:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think the moderation should be as light as possible in the P and R section.

That's mostly the approach I try to take with it. I've got little taste for people who stir things up and then cry foul when it doesn't go their way.
[+]
By volkom 2015-06-11 07:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think P and R is bad you should log on to Facebook right around November 2016. All your feminist friends will come of of the woodwork to support Hillary !

Now back to random anime which doesn't interest me at all !

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-11 07:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is true. However, I subscribe to the idea of acting in good faith.

If you block someone, and they find ways to harass you via socks or proxies or whatever, then that's a flaw in the tools or process and we will address it as best we can.

However, if you refuse to block someone, and instead continually get into fights with them, we're going to take your complaints a lot less seriously. The tools are there for a reason, and if you refuse to use them, that's on you. I'm not your babysitter.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-11 08:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Megumi Takayama said: »
.....Really?

Then why did your avatar get changed? Seha I'm going to be blunt here, but you're not the angel you claim to be in your post. You've brought plenty of drama here yourself just like anybody else.
I like how Kojo [+] that post when he admitted my avatar didn't require to be changed.

I never claimed to be an angel, mods know that cause I never did hide my faults. You're full of ***like usual.

Kojo has been crying about Aelius since he got modship removed. Fact is even if Aelius is as bad as he says, Kojo still is responsible for his own actions so Aelius being bad doesn't change that.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-06-11 08:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are in a political forum harassment is to be expected. It says at the very start of the thread if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. You have an idea that things will get heated.
It's to be expected, and the perpetrators are expected to be punished according to the rules, as it also says:

Quote:
•Forum Rules and P&R Section Guidelines still apply.

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

If you block someone, and they find ways to harass you via socks or proxies or whatever, then that's a flaw in the tools or process and we will address it as best we can.

However, if you refuse to block someone, and instead continually get into fights with them, we're going to take your complaints a lot less seriously. The tools are there for a reason, and if you refuse to use them, that's on you. I'm not your babysitter.

I'll discuss this later with you in a PM, as my point was lost, and this isn't the place.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-11 08:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

.....Really?

I like how Kojo [+] that post when he admitted my avatar didn't require to be changed.

I never claimed to be an angel, mods know that cause I never did hide my faults. You're full of ***like usual.

Kojo has been crying about Aelius since he got modship removed. Fact is even if Aelius is as bad as he says, Kojo still is responsible for his own actions so Aelius being bad doesn't change that.
The avatar contained simulated ***, it needed to be changed. I said there were better ways to handle the situation overall instead of topic banning you.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-11 08:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-11 08:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll discuss this later with you in a PM, as my point was lost, and this isn't the place.

I honestly wasn't even trying to single you out, though it does read that way. Sorry about that.

It happens quite a bit in general, and it's kind of insulting. We're all supposed to be adults here, and the P+R section in particular has a higher expectation of... "robustness".
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-11 08:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I wanted to just drop a "Chill." when I woke up and saw all the sniping in here, but I worried it wouldn't be taken as the joke it was.

That said, let's all calm down a little, shall we?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-11 08:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens quite a bit in general, and it's kind of insulting. We're all supposed to be adults here, and the P+R section in particular has a higher expectation of... "robustness".
Can I claim "spiritual damage" yet?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-11 08:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A) I am technically being forced to block Jet. Aelius specifically stated (we did not agree to this by the way) that if I even respond to Jet, I will get automatically banned, without question. I do believe I even posted that PM stating so also. If not, I can always PM you that.

B) Why is this only affecting me and not Jet? Why am I being held to a different standard from the one who actually *** and cries "harassment" all the time? And most importantly, why are the mods taking Jet's complaints very seriously when you just said that people who refuse to block somebody and continually get into fights with them will be taken less seriously?

I smell double standards here. But then again, it's not the first time.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-11 08:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

It's just non-elemental damage, stop making up extra names for it
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-11 08:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Rez pls
[+]
By volkom 2015-06-11 08:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i like spiritual damage D:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-11 08:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
A) I am technically being forced to block Jet. Aelius specifically stated (we did not agree to this by the way) that if I even respond to Jet, I will get automatically banned, without question. I do believe I even posted that PM stating so also. If not, I can always PM you that.

B) Why is this only affecting me and not Jet? Why am I being held to a different standard from the one who actually *** and cries "harassment" all the time? And most importantly, why are the mods taking Jet's complaints very seriously when you just said that people who refuse to block somebody and continually get into fights with them will be taken less seriously?

I smell double standards here. But then again, it's not the first time.

This is the last time I'm responding to this in here, but here you go:

A) I can't technically enforce a block (yet!). So either the two of you block each other, or you make it look like you do. I don't really care. You have proven, repeatedly, that you can't be trusted to interact in an adult fashion, so that's been stripped. Don't like restrictions on your interaction with people? Don't give moderators a reason to impose them. Contrary to popular opinion, it's not exactly a laugh riot to sift through PMs and pages of P+R to find all the ways people are being jerks.

B) Who says its not affecting Jet? I've heard the exact same complaints about the unfairness of it from him. I assure you, it's going both ways.

You keep saying "double standard". I do not think it means what you think it means. You're a repeat offender, so you get held to a stricter standard, that's all. There's nothing special about your case, no personal vendetta from me. You're just another guy with a really colorful history who can't stay out of the news for ten seconds.

You aren't even really worth the effort of this response. I'd sooner just ban you, but I do try to take my job seriously, even when it's annoying.

If you have more you want to talk about, PM me. RT isn't really the place for any of it, but I'm hoping this ends it.
Server: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-11 08:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

.....Really?

In my opinion yeah it needed to be changed due to the fact it looked like the character in the avatar was giving a damn *** to the ice cream. You really don't think that'll tick a couple people off?

Quote response removed due to direct insult~ Aelius

Kojo has every right to be upset, especially with the blatant nepotism running around with Aelius modding Terraka right before he got rid of Kojo. Think for a minute, if Aelius appointed two people, one being his fiance, do you think that could help him earn a majority vote in moderator discussions even if Scragg and Aly participated? You cannot be *** serious and if you are you are a damn fool.

I'll be waiting for my ban now.

Note: Please don't insult people. This won't lead to good things for you. Also, you're completely misinformed about a few things, my pmbox is always open if you want to know the right info. ~Aelius
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17503 17504 17505 ... 22713 22714 22715