Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16507 16508 16509 ... 22716 22717 22718
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-12 07:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here do the Zodiac quest? Need to know if I can just get all the mats now or do I have to progress to that part of the quest first?
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 07:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for you Saph~

All hail Hypnotoad K70.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-12 07:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Spot-on cosplay.

The cool part is the costume looks fairly simple to make.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 08:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sex toys related injuries have doubled since the release of 50 Shades of Grey, reports say.

I don't know what kind of ideas people got from that book but damn guys be careful with your genitals!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-12 08:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Just for you Saph~

All hail Hypnotoad K70.
Holy ***, would that go on all the time? Meaning can you turn it off with a switch? It would be very distracting if that stayed on all the time....
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 08:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest problem with that keyboard is that it's still noisy due to being a mechanical keyboard like my QPAD ones.

When I play games or code at night I have to switch to one of my quieter non mechanical keyboards so I don't wake up my bf. #1stWorldProblems

KN: The colors on the K70 are programmable on a per-key basis which makes it super awesome. There is color profiles etc, only limit is your imagination on how its colored.
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you need linear switches with thick o-rings, but I'm somewhat a fan of the tactile clicky ones like blues and greens.
Though for the sake of twitch gaming and not waking people for the unreasonable hours of the night I'm up for with endless clicking, I might go for reds instead.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 08:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sex toys related injuries have doubled since the release of 50 Shades of Grey, reports say.

I don't know what kind of ideas people got from that book but damn guys be careful with your genitals!
silly people, sex is just like track sports where you gotta properly 'warm-up' and 'stretch' *snicker*
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Some retailers sure know their target audience and demo well.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-12 08:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
KN: The colors on the K70 are programmable on a per-key basis which makes it super awesome. There is color profiles etc, only limit is your imagination on how its colored.
That would be neat.

Now to sneak one into my office.....how much do they cost again?

Also, did anyone else notice the word "Cherry" on that keyboard pic?

"Corsair" is there too.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-12 08:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Some retailers sure know their target audience and demo well.

Cross-merchandising at it's finest.
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That would be neat.

It's... an investment. K70 RGB is about $170, and they have a K95 with a side panel of macro keys for about $200.

You could opt for a regular K70 with either blue or red backlit LEDs rather than super mega color lighting panel like the RGB for about $130.

But good news is Corsair is held to very high standards for their hardware and peripherals, and for the most part they almost always deliver.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-12 08:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That would be neat.

It's... an investment. K70 RGB is about $170, and they have a K95 with a side panel of macro keys for about $200.

You could opt for a regular K70 with either blue or red backlit LEDs rather than super mega color lighting panel like the RGB for about $130.
That's not too bad.

It would certainly create "office envy" in my office, which is worth it!
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest part is deciding which kind of switch you want. I even went and bought a switch sampler that has red, blue, brown, black, green, white, clear and grey and I still can't decide :/

PS: that's why it said cherry on the bottom of that keyboard in the gif, cherry is a type of switch standard for mechanical keyboards that are very common and are of great quality. Suppose that's german manufacturing for ya.

Worth noting that Greens however are exclusive to Razer which outsources to China, however are at least supervised in production to assure quality and consistency. They type like super heavy blues.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 08:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Studying today is impossible.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 08:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

working today is impossible
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-02-12 08:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting that Greens however are exclusive to Razer which outsources to China, however are at least supervised in production to assure quality and consistency. They type like super heavy blues.

>Razer
>Quality

Pick one.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »

>Razer
>Quality

Pick one.

ZING! Yeah, their peripherals are notorious for dying out much sooner than they should. So quality is very....subjective there.
But I was more insinuating that the switches in of themselves aren't shitty chinese knockoffs (despite being chinese) like one would expect for outsourced production.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

>Razer
>Quality

Pick one.
this.
Used to think their mice were kinda nice until I went through 2 of them in a year. Been using a steelseries for awhile now with no problems.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of mice, I think that's what I should get right now without breaking the bank yet. Been using my ex-friend's abandoned WoW Cataclysm mouse which is...cool I guess, except for the fact that the left click panel has a tendency to break off and fall out under heavy clicking experiences.

ie: Any shooter game or Diablo 3.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-12 08:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the same logitec wireless mouse/kb combo for probably 10 years. only replaced it recently with a new heavier/bigger logitec wireless.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-02-12 08:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I went full Corsair and never looked back. Love the M60. Only complaint towards it specifically I have is I wish it was a higher dpi and had two more buttons.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 08:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought the Naga mouse with like a million side buttons on it was an interesting design, but i've heard they have issues.
I've never felt like adopting anything more complex than a 3 button mouse, I would feel locked into using the same mouse forever.

Easier for me to do ctr/alt/shift/whatever macros with my left hand on the keyboard and always keep my mouse choices flexible.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 08:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You in that mood too eh?
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 08:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I went full Corsair and never looked back. Love the M60. Only complaint towards it specifically I have is I wish it was a higher dpi and had two more buttons.

My concern is that I have big hands, and I'm worried that if I pick up say an M65, that I'll be stuck uncomfortably using the "claw" grip style just so there's no overflow or impractical button layout for my hand.

Not easy finding mice that fill up my big *** hands :/
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 08:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kubo now using meme faces

"son i am disappoint"
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-02-12 08:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I could look into the shitty ethics and economic stronghold of Intel and make a decision based on that, but frankly I lean a lot more towards performance incentives than political ones. After all, I have a Z97 board, so why would I purchase something incompatible? Also until more games become multi-threaded in their processing instructions, I'm likely to stick with Intel's highly efficient cores, at least until AMD decides to retire their AM3 line and work on a new architecture instead of funneling everything into their APUs.

I couldn't help but chuckle to myself when AMD had their half-assed FX refresh line.

Come on, you know I was not being 100% serious ... Just 25% ... ;)
By Jetackuu 2015-02-12 08:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought the Naga mouse with like a million side buttons on it was an interesting design, but i've heard they have issues.
I've never felt like adopting anything more complex than a 3 button mouse, I would feel locked into using the same mouse forever.

Easier for me to do ctr/alt/shift/whatever macros with my left hand on the keyboard and always keep my mouse choices flexible.
Yeah, never liked the idea of more buttons on the mouse...

Then again, I think paying triple digits for a keyboard is insane.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-12 08:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

why not both?
 leo
By leo 2015-02-12 08:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
why not both?
You silly, Seha's work is study. Then basically it's the same thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 16507 16508 16509 ... 22716 22717 22718