Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15753 15754 15755 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-11-07 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Kalila said: »
Quit talking about whm stuffs :<.... ; ;...

My Mjollnir is nice.

That was a terrible penis joke.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-07 13:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wait, people WHM in 14? I thought that game was easymode where it's nearly impossible to die and/or wipe to anything there.
14 is anything but easy mode.

yes, it's different. It's a different type of battle system from XI. That doesn't mean you won't die, because you will.

If I had one complaint for 14 (which I have more than one), it's the type of difficulty they use in coil, which isn't a genuine difficulty. Its not straight up artificial difficulty, but it's close.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-07 14:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Wait, people WHM in 14? I thought that game was easymode where it's nearly impossible to die and/or wipe to anything there.

So wrong lol
Buy me the game and make me play it then!
Waste of time.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-07 14:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of FF14s 'difficult' moments are solvable by following the 5 Ds of Dodge.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-11-07 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
14 is anything but easy mode.

yes, it's different. It's a different type of battle system from XI. That doesn't mean you won't die, because you will.

If I had one complaint for 14, it's the type of difficulty they use in coil, which isn't a genuine difficulty. Its not straight up artificial difficulty, but it's close.
Really? I find the way difficulty is presented to be fairly similar to the souls series. a mix of trial and error, reaction times and understanding the mechanics of the game.

The issue is that if a single person in your group reaches their personal skill cap below the required level for a raid, the entire group is ***.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-11-07 14:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're including lag. In which case, online games are online games. Although SE could try being a bit more lenient in enemy casting times to compensate.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-07 14:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a difference between single player trial and error, and team trial and error.

It works in a souls series because when you learn what to do, you can succeed. In 14, when you learn what to do, you have to wait for the weakest person on your team to catch up, if they even can.

This means if your team has a weak link, unless you kick them, you could be doing the same fight for 6 months and not make any progress.

This is why I don't like the souls series difficulty in team cooperation, because there is always going to be someone that struggles and I don't believe in kicking someone juts because they aren't able to keep up. We tried to help them as much as we could but our team ended up taking a break / quitting the game because of it. They would have rather quit than kick the person struggling.

So yea, I have mixed feelings.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 14:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to make more turn 4 difficulty fights instead of Titan Ex difficulty (double plumes and landslides lol)
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-07 14:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There is so much worse in T6+ than titan type mechanics.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 14:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems you didn't get what I mean then. Less super dodge-y fights and more about how well you play your job
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-07 14:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Seems you didn't get what I mean then. Less super dodge-y fights and more about how well you play your job
I think they think DPS / Healer / Tanking checks will get old.

So they basically mix in checks with puzzles, but if you have someone who can't adapt to both, you won't ever succeed unless you're able to carry them through it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 14:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If they randomize their skills it should help, instead of just having a set rotation that you can memorize. They can be hard hitting ones but doesn't have to be instakills and can be a little more lenient so even if someone gets downed they can get raised and you can still manage to win the fight instead of that person dragging the whole group down
VIP
By Kalila 2014-11-07 14:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They do a set rotation so people can memorize the fight and learn it. If it was random people would just blame a RNG even more than they already do, which is very true I think.

I think there are pro's and con's to a rotation, it even allows difficulty to be raised a bit more than if it was just random.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to do something though, there's almost no one doing endgame when the new one comes out because it's too difficult for the majority of players. Should have easier endgame that people can do for similar gear (not the best) sort of how we have Crystal Tower as a stepping stone and then some really difficult things for the hardcore players. Shouldn't be as easy as CT though because you can leech it so easily, even 5 players doing nothing won't affect the run. Einherjar and Dynamis are good examples from XI that worked with big numbers but still had good difficulty.

If they can figure out how to do something similar in XIV I think a lot of people would be doing endgame more.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-07 14:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a wee bit bored of "if x thing isn't done just right, insta wipe" having to restart an entire fight rather than making it something that's still very difficult but somehow recoverable, even if it takes considerable skill, would be more appealing... But what do I know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-07 14:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what most people want
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-07 14:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis wasn't hard in the sense that the content was difficult. It was hard in that it was almost impossible to get all the players to work together so one person could get a relic weapon.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-11-07 14:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Content like that wasn't hard, it was made hard in the same way Kali described, because your weakest link will always bring your team down. The difference is that FFXI was much more forgiving of it in larger group content, because there weren't things like DPS checks and so it meant you were more often able to lean on your more skilled/better geared players carrying a run. The lower ladder players were more like bodies than players.

But this is pretty much the problem with any MMO, and the real challenge lies in how well developers can balance it so it's not so detrimental to bring one or two lower ladder players but not so easy that you can literally have one skilled player carry an entire group.
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2014-11-07 14:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Most of FF14s 'difficult' moments are solvable by following the 5 Ds of Dodge.

Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan. 'Cause I spit hot fire.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fyyvoaa 2014-11-07 14:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

God I forgot how much the CoD series has a hard-on for QTEs ...

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 14:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've come to hate end game in XIV just as I did in XI. The only difference is I made it to end game in XI. Main issue is that no one plays end game for fun, no one gives a flying *** about the journey because destination is everything and if you don't know your way there, you better by God get a road map before departing, otherwise you're trash and *** you for being a first timer.

It isn't so much the events, the balance, or the difficulty, it's the negativity from the player base. Pls uninstall.
By Fyyvoaa 2014-11-07 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I've come to hate end game in XIV just as I did in XI. The only difference is I made it to end game in XI. Main issue is that no one plays end game for fun, no one gives a flying *** about the journey because destination is everything and if you don't know your way there, you better by God get a road map before departing, otherwise you're trash and *** you for being a first timer.

It isn't so much the events, the balance, or the difficulty, it's the negativity from the player base. Pls uninstall.

You mean people play the game to have fun?!?

most of the d-bags I've ran across are the super srs players that think it's way more then a game.

I mean really... it's a game, go out... pay a hooker... do something dude.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 15:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »

most of the d-bags I've ran across are the super srs players that think it's way more then a game.

pls uninstall, filthy casual.

No, seriously though. I know I've thrown fits over Titan HM in the past, I bring this up before it's thrown in my face, I also know I have yet to actually master Titan's HM rotation. I know my limits and have yet to delve into Coil or Extremes. Throughout the quest for Sphairai, I acted a fool, threw fits, and was inconsiderate. Hindsight is 20-20, so for SCH I made my relic for fun and took my time, and in doing so, I saw others start to hit their brick wall and become frustrated, but I said nothing because I know the feeling and I regret my Titan HM shitstorms, but they were all mistakes I learned from; it's a game, I should enjoy it or save my monthly $12.99 to do something else with.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 15:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

filthy casual.
They always say the first thing to do to correct a problem is to admit it in the first place.

Damn filthy casual!
By Fyyvoaa 2014-11-07 15:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No, seriously though. I know I've thrown fits over Titan HM in the past, I bring this up before it's thrown in my face, I also know I have yet to actually master Titan's HM rotation. I know my limits and have yet to delve into Coil or Extremes. Throughout the quest for Sphairai, I acted a fool, threw fits, and was inconsiderate. Hindsight is 20-20, so for SCH I made my relic for fun and took my time, and in doing so, I saw others start to hit their brick wall and become frustrated, but I said nothing because I know the feeling and I regret my Titan HM shitstorms, but they were all mistakes I learned from; it's a game, I should enjoy it or save my monthly $12.99 to do something else with.

Gotta start somewhere, I'm still trying to get through First coil lol,

Hell I haven't even started much of the new content other then getting ROG, I want to at least unlock NIN first.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 15:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta start somewhere, I'm still trying to get through First coil lol,

Hell I haven't even started much of the new content other then getting ROG, I want to at least unlock NIN first.
I'm enjoying NIN, but yeah. In XI, I didn't do Nyzul until me and some friends started a static group at lv 99. If we won, awesome but if not, awesome. We'd laugh and try again. I'd much rather run stuff with a group of friends who can laugh off a loss than going with srsgaiz. I recently accepted an invite to a social FC, I went a long time without one because the first ones I had left a bad taste in my mouth; if you weren't in the core 8 or 9, you were on your own but they demanded you get stuff to benefit them on your own, without their help. It was stressful.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 15:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

they demanded you get stuff to benefit them on your own, without their help. It was stressful.
That's just plain *** (not your story, what they did to you I mean).

How in the hell can you expect somebody to get to a level of play that requires a lot of party effort on their own?

I would have left immediately if they did that to me...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-07 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of the above, let me tell you about my old HNM LS in XI!

So, we were doing pretty good in Sky and CoP comes out, still going strong and then they added Sea. So, LS tells me I should work on getting Sea access and when I can I do. THEN one night during Sky, Kirin's Osode. "This one is yours, Kojo." Awesome, about a week later "Hey, you ever think of leveling a mage?" "Yeah, I like BLM, but I'll do it much later." a couple of days go by and they start pressuring me to start on BLM, this was during the early days of ToAU when BLMs soloed for weeks to 75, after awhile the leader tells me that he and the officers were talking and decided that all melee only members are barred from events till they have a mage at 75, so I am working on BLM, solo, trying to get through CoP with no help from those demanding it, and one night I get a /tell while I'm just chilling for a few mins before logging "We gave you an Osode, why aren't you leveling BLM right now?"

So they gave me an Osode as a bargaining chip to make me level a job that can't use the Osode in the first place, basically I told him I'd be keeping the Osode as payment for the hours I wasted on a job I now no longer enjoyed and I dropped the pearl.

Now, here's a few things about this LS. 1. I was either second or third in line of seniority in the LS, I stuck with them through an LS break and the reforming, and I even passed up an invite to one of the top NA HNM LSs, most senior members were officers and a couple of times I was randomly booted by the newer members who would be gone as soon as they got the item they wanted yet no one admitted to doing it. 2. Years after the LS broke for good I talked to former officers who addressed a few things. They had no idea why I was pushed up in line for the Osode, didn't like that another member was allowed to leave after getting his Osode with no questions asked, they told me that the leader never discussed anything about barring melee only members from anything for any reason, and the one I was arguing with at the time said that SHE never booted me and didn't know who did as it was never discussed. One said that it was mentioned that I should've been an officer given my time with the LS, but didn't know why I wasn't. Finally one said that the leader had a tendency to just make up rules when convenient so I'm assuming that's where most of the *** came from. I loved those guys but the LS was kinda ran by ***, I never had an actual HNM LS or EGLS afterwards, I just did stuff with friends.
First Page 2 3 ... 15753 15754 15755 ... 22718 22719 22720